TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:
carriages drawn by tiny asian men

Send a message via AIM to mrchariybrown
Official Meatheads Thread

Fitness, nutrition, bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc..

DISCUSS!

Great Links:

Your favorite high protein snacks?

Protein vs. Vitamins for workouts

Which protein shake to buy

Workout supplements..whey protein, creatine, etc.

Quote:
i was balls deep in this guy, just pounding the hell out of his ass, and out of nowhere he turns around to try and kiss me and im like "EW WTF YOU FAG"

Last edited by Vypurr; 10-22-2008 at 03:35 PM.
mrchariybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
good thread, but you should include weight loss too. haha

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Sweet. I fit right in here...wait...no...I'm a scrawny, way too tattooed, little guy. But I sure will try to fit in. LOL

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid View Post
You work out more than 3x per week, right?

My routine is hardcore then haha.

Sunday: Bi/Tri (curls, hammer curls, 21's, resistance curls then usually mostly pull downs for tris, skull crushers, etc)

Monday: Shoulders (millitary press, shoulder flys, shrugs i cant remember the names of the others id have to show you lol)

Tuesday: Chest/tri (dumbell press flat, incline bench, decline bench, chest flys, and tri's)

Wednesday: Back/bi

Thursday: Chest (again) haha

Friday: Legs

omg this is tiring haha but I always do 4 exercises for each muscle and 12 reps each

I am getting stronger like charley haha, sike. I can do 90s for 8 on dumbell press now.
I only work out 3 days a week.. and my routine is very, very similar to the one I posted in the "what do you look like" thread

Quote:
i was balls deep in this guy, just pounding the hell out of his ass, and out of nowhere he turns around to try and kiss me and im like "EW WTF YOU FAG"
Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Alright, I'm sick of fast food and want to go into a "cutting" period without doing cardio. While i can motivate myself to workout, I find it next to impossible to motivate my diet. I tend to just think "well if i work out today, i can eat bad." So 1) What would a good, non-time consuming, cutting diet be. 2) Good way to stay motivated with food. TY

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
haha after all today's talk I KNEW this was coming!!

Anyway, you're novice workout regimen in the other thread was pretty spot on. My question is....only 2 reps on some? I always 3 x10, or 3x12 depending on the exercise, when i first started out

I stopped going a few months ago when i moved into my new house because I knew i wouldn't have that extra time. Now I'm thinking about joining the new Retro Fitness near me, also $20 a month.

Question for your though Charly.....if you are seeking definition, what are some Isolated Exercises to STAY AWAY from??....for example, Biceps... do "this compound exercise" rather than "this isolated exercise".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
damn i havent worked out in god knows how long..

my job does a good job of keeping me in shape but i def could use some toning i think.

senior year of hs i was 230lbs with like 0 body fat. im down to around 200ish and lots of fat..well not lots just not hs anymore.

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Alright, I'm sick of fast food and want to go into a "cutting" period without doing cardio. While i can motivate myself to workout, I find it next to impossible to motivate my diet. I tend to just think "well if i work out today, i can eat bad." So 1) What would a good, non-time consuming, cutting diet be. 2) Good way to stay motivated with food. TY
honestly if you want to drop body fat, cardio isn't really necessary.. it's all in your diet.

and brings up my point that DIET IS KEY! that should be your motivation.. instead of thinking "well if i work out today, i can eat bad," think this..

"well if I eat bad today, then I worked out for nothing"

there's no real replacement for 6 solid meals a day.. each with an adequate amount of protein.. meals earlier in the day with a good amt of low glycemic carbs and meals later in the day with good fats

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

shyt happens..lol when i was in HS and played lots of sports i was skinny as hell but toned at had a 6 pack.

now I'm 6'3, 200 lbs with a lot more muscle but MUCH less defined becuase I still have flab.

Same as Captain said also, my diet sucks ass. I do eat some good stuff, but i negate it by each just as much shyt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Just don't buy sweets and ****! I just eat fruit when I get the urge for something bad to eat! At home, eat chicken! There are so many awesome ways to make it, especially on the grill!
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #11
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
my job has made me gain a lot of weight lol. I'm constantly fluctuating anywhere from 195-215, with like, 75% body fat. ROFL. My work out consists of getting in the car in the morning, getting out at work, walking outside a few times a day for a cig, then walking to the car again, then walking into my house. Suits me pretty well I think. I'm usually exhaust afterwards though.
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

i cant stand lifting weights anymore..i did it so much in hs that i can stand it. i try and do stuff here and there but i get bored easily. thats why i did mma for a bit but too expensive and time consuming in my life at the moment. im more of play sports, paintball, ride quad type of person. they all can keep me in shape i just need to do more of it and consistently. i have no need to be jacked like i was in hs...i only did it for sports, it also helped for buff purposes.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post
honestly if you want to drop body fat, cardio isn't really necessary.. it's all in your diet.

and brings up my point that DIET IS KEY! that should be your motivation.. instead of thinking "well if i work out today, i can eat bad," think this..

there's no real replacement for 6 solid meals a day.. each with an adequate amount of protein.. meals earlier in the day with a good amt of low glycemic carbs and meals later in the day with good fats
Example shopping list i should use? What foods can i get low glycemic carbs, what foods have good fats?

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #14
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivory View Post
haha after all today's talk I KNEW this was coming!!

Anyway, you're novice workout regimen in the other thread was pretty spot on. My question is....only 2 reps on some? I always 3 x10, or 3x12 depending on the exercise, when i first started out

I stopped going a few months ago when i moved into my new house because I knew i wouldn't have that extra time. Now I'm thinking about joining the new Retro Fitness near me, also $20 a month.

Question for your though Charly.....if you are seeking definition, what are some Isolated Exercises to STAY AWAY from??....for example, Biceps... do "this compound exercise" rather than "this isolated exercise".
well, 3x10 and 3x12 is perfectly acceptable.. I just put down 2 sets instead to be cautious because a lot time novice lifters don't know when they're overtraining themselves.. which undoes their hard work..

if you're seeking definition, they're no real exercises to stay away from.. definition will come along with decreasing body fat

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Quote:

this is so true. When i first started working out i used to get a vitamin water at the gym...a trainer jokingly said "that 20 minutes you just spent on the treadmill just worked off that water you just drank"...i was puzzled, then I looked at the content label and calories.

If you work out but eat ****ty, your negating any exercise you do. back to ground zero. The way to benefit from working out is to diet well also. I just have a hard time doing this, partly because I'm a ridiculously picky eater.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #16
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:

lots of fiber helps...

i eat whatever i want..i just happen to like alot of healthy foods. dont get me wrong im not a health nut. i eat when and what i want my job just allows me to do that. when you do as much walking and lifting as i do it helps. ive seen a 360lb guy work for me for about a year and lost 80lbs. manual labor ftw.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Maybe Mr. Charles could post up a nice diet to live by in the first post? Pwitty please.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivory View Post
this is so true. When i first started working out i used to get a vitamin water at the gym...a trainer jokingly said "that 20 minutes you just spent on the treadmill just worked off that water you just drank"...i was puzzled, then I looked at the content label and calories.

If you work out but eat ****ty, your negating any exercise you do. back to ground zero. The way to benefit from working out is to diet well also. I just have a hard time doing this, partly because I'm a ridiculously picky eater.
i dont see that in being entirely true..everyones body is different. i mean for a fat person yes id say so but for someone with a faster metabolism id call bs.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #19
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Example shopping list i should use? What foods can i get low glycemic carbs, what foods have good fats?
proteins:

chicken breast, canned tuna, egg whites, lean beef, whey protein, micellar casein, etc

low glycemic carbs: baked/raw sweet potatoes, long-grain brown rice, etc

also carbs in fruits are great too.. just don't stuff your face with them

good fats:

fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, etc), olive oil, nuts, flax seed oil, etc

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #20
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
i dont see that in being entirely true..everyones body is different. i mean for a fat person yes id say so but for someone with a faster metabolism id call bs.
dude i have a fast ass metabolism. I'm 6'3 and 200 lb. I was working out 4 days a week religiously, plus cardio and i still have flab. I blame it on my crappy diet. lol

I refuse to juice and can't afford most supplements anyway. So i guess I'll have to change my diet if I ever wanna see good results.