TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

how lonf to get a title in mail after transfer

how long does it take penndot to send u a title after it is transferred when you purchase a vehicle?
LS2GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:
1992 Mazda Miata, 1991 Honda CRX Si LS-T, 95 Civic VX

Depends on where you did the title transfer at...if the place was directly linked to harrisburgh it could take as little as a week...but more likely it wasn't and it can take up to 6 weeks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

Got mine after 7 weeks...this was very recent too. When you transfer and get the car registered, teh registration place sends the title out and they call you when they get it back in and you gotta pick it up. Rarely will they mail you the title...

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled T View Post
Got mine after 7 weeks...this was very recent too. When you transfer and get the car registered, teh registration place sends the title out and they call you when they get it back in and you gotta pick it up. Rarely will they mail you the title...
Hmmm....thats odd to me, I've bought and sold a few cars..never had I ever had to pick up the title from the notary, It was always mailed to me from the state...also 7 weeks is damn long i usually get them back within a month but sometimes a little longer..I saw you need to find a different notary

There is a place in Reading thats linked to Harrisburg, when I bouhgt my last CRX I did it sat and had the title back later before the next weekend

Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

The title was already notarized, you mean the registration place/tag place, correct? I've always used the same one and they always told me to pick up in person....hmmm

)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled T View Post
The title was already notarized, you mean the registration place/tag place, correct? I've always used the same one and they always told me to pick up in person....hmmm
Well the places i have used were all notaries/auto tag places so they did all of it in house...

I've used atleast 4 different places, never once had to pick up a title all were mailed to me from the state...

Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

that's pretty interesting...my brother is getting his car registered this week, I'll have to tag along and ask some Q's...thanks for the heads up!

)
Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

It took about three weeks to get the title for my old car, 4 weeks if you count the first week of calling every single day to figure out what the hell you have to do to get them to release it. Those people are freaking morons over there, and half don't speak English.

Actually, to the OP, if you are asking this scenario...

"I bought a car, how long does it take to get my title??"

The answer is, you live in PA and as of 2006 (?) PA now holds ALL official copies of titles, so you might NEVER get the piece of paper that is the title (that's what the autotags place told me when I bought the X5 and also when I bought my trailers.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 03-21-2007 at 03:03 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
i did mine at AAA and it took about 2 weeks or less. wasnt too bad.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #10
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
Got mine in about 10 days after transfer, I also applied for a duplicate for another vehicle and it took 7 days but cost me $50 for the quick option. Both are PA titles.

Edit: And to itstock's post above, I don't think that is true, I have had 3 mailed to me within the last year. I got my Evo's title mailed to me and not the lean holder, I am keeping it untill they ask for it!

Last edited by redline; 03-21-2007 at 05:11 PM.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Got mine in about 10 days after transfer, I also applied for a duplicate for another vehicle and it took 7 days but cost me $50 for the quick option. Both are PA titles.

Edit: And to itstock's post above, I don't think that is true, I have had 3 mailed to me within the last year. I got my Evo's title mailed to me and not the lean holder, I am keeping it untill they ask for it!
That's what I thought too, the lady told me that they were just copies of the official titles I don't know, I hope they are the official titles I know the liens are held by the state, maybe that's just what she was talking about. I had to give my copy of the trailer title to the auto tag place though and she said that she had to mail it in to the DMV. I have yet to get it back, and there was no lien/loan on the trailer.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Does anyone know how to transfer a title without going to PA, I sold my towncar and need to transfer the title but don't feel like driving 2 hours to where the guy lives? Anyone know if I have any options here, It's a PA title?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
you should be able to sign it over at any notary and they'll send it to penndot and then they will send it to the new owner. or some variation of that.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
bought my car in october got the title when i was away for christmas sometime between dec 20-jan1

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:

I was talking to a guy that fixed and sold cars he said if the title is out of state you didn't even need it signed over or have the owner present...I didn't know if I should believe him but he seemed very honest and had a huge garage full of cars he was selling...so he is probably a guy that knows...he also verified that in PA you can only transfer 5 titles a year before they try to shut you down and you have to apply for a business license...

Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #16
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserkidwac View Post
I was talking to a guy that fixed and sold cars he said if the title is out of state you didn't even need it signed over or have the owner present...I didn't know if I should believe him but he seemed very honest and had a huge garage full of cars he was selling...so he is probably a guy that knows...he also verified that in PA you can only transfer 5 titles a year before they try to shut you down and you have to apply for a business license...
Well to awnser my own question about transfering a title out of state I called the Notary I deal with and I was told as long as I have it notarized I can just send it straight to the buyer and he can have it transfered and pay taxes at that time, since it is free for the seller to transfer.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #17
Jblack215
Noob-Jersey

Member #27483

My Ride:
'03 Grand Am Gt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
how long does it take penndot to send u a title after it is transferred when you purchase a vehicle?
Where are you? In Philly and surrounding, all tag places are linked to Harrisburg and usually takes one or 2 weeks, up to 3.
Jblack215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #18
15psi88
Tri-State Addict

Member #5625

My Ride:
Is always a project.

I'd bet he got it figured out by now.
15psi88 is offline   Reply With Quote