TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Speed 1
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
300zx_tt
Tri-State Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lansdale
Member #13531

 
iTrader: (0)
"what should I buy" sticky

everyone bitches about the "what should I buy" threads but they actually help a lot, they list alot of cars that some people wouldnt really think of, so my idea is to make a sticky thats broken down by price point 3k and under, 3-6k, 6-9k etc... or you could just combine previous threads that asked the what should i buy question at dif. price points. This way there will be no need for new threads.

any thoughts?
__________________
Quote:
I think the reason you had such a miserable time is because you neglected to urinate on yourself. I believe another contributing factor is your diet. You mentioned nothing about eating raw snakes... not even one "moral booster" snack of a handful of maggots. The first sign that things weren't right was the minute you decided to build an igloo instead of climbing inside an animal carcass. I think you failed because you lack dedication.
300zx_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!
 
jpalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Collegeville, PA
Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

iTrader: (3)
Why make a sticky for info that people could just google or search forums for?
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
300zx_tt
Tri-State Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: lansdale
Member #13531

 
iTrader: (0)
it makes it easier, and nobody searches anyway
__________________
Quote:
I think the reason you had such a miserable time is because you neglected to urinate on yourself. I believe another contributing factor is your diet. You mentioned nothing about eating raw snakes... not even one "moral booster" snack of a handful of maggots. The first sign that things weren't right was the minute you decided to build an igloo instead of climbing inside an animal carcass. I think you failed because you lack dedication.
300zx_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
dudewheresmycar
Tri-State Addict
 
dudewheresmycar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maplewood,NJ
Member #10168

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to dudewheresmycar Send a message via Yahoo to dudewheresmycar
i think its a good idea. one thread dedicated to the same topic(but diff cars) instead of 10 different threads
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dudewheresmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
dumpleRL
Tri-State Addict
 
dumpleRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: coatesville PA
Member #7734

My Ride:
2004 Saturn ION redline

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to dumpleRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
it makes it easier, and nobody searches anyway
if no one searches why would they use a sticky, going off another forum I use, something similar was done and it failed horribly
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dumpleRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!
 
jpalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Collegeville, PA
Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpleRL View Post
if no one searches why would they use a sticky, going off another forum I use, something similar was done and it failed horribly
Yep...
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator
 
Big_Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member #7592

 
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
so my idea is to make a sticky thats broken down by price point 3k and under, 3-6k, 6-9k etc...
Good Idea, but would be nearly impossible to maintain. We'd have to put someone in charge of maintaining the thread/sticky whatever you want to call it. If someone doesnt want to research the car, they probably shouldnt be buying it.
__________________
Quote:
I'm not a hater... I'm just smarter then you.
Big_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
AutobahnRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TriState, PA
Member #2056

 
iTrader: (3)
bump. This needs to be done.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member #8419

 
iTrader: (0)
Id start on some of this. Ill do 10-15k.
VETTE_50_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
AutobahnRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TriState, PA
Member #2056

 
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTE_50_TH View Post
Id start on some of this. Ill do 10-15k.
What?
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
AutobahnRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TriState, PA
Member #2056

 
iTrader: (3)
bump on this. People need to gtfo of the house and test drive or Google and compare for themselves.

Can we please get a ruling on this?
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Supraru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pa
Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Good Idea, but would be nearly impossible to maintain. We'd have to put someone in charge of maintaining the thread/sticky whatever you want to call it. If someone doesnt want to research the car, they probably shouldnt be buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
bump on this. People need to gtfo of the house and test drive or Google and compare for themselves.

Can we please get a ruling on this?
You already had the ruling.

It's the same on Rs25. Probably the most helpful site and basically can now hold your hand when doing a swap with every factor you could run in. People are just to lazy to read the sticky or just read in general. When you say check out the sticky and stop being lazy they reply with why waste my time when I can just ask and someone will eventually answer it. Some guys hold out and try not to help then there's always a guy that feels bad and helps him keeping him lazy.
__________________
99' Sti
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
AutobahnRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TriState, PA
Member #2056

 
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You already had the ruling.

It's the same on Rs25. Probably the most helpful site and basically can now hold your hand when doing a swap with every factor you could run in. People are just to lazy to read the sticky or just read in general. When you say check out the sticky and stop being lazy they reply with why waste my time when I can just ask and someone will eventually answer it. Some guys hold out and try not to help then there's always a guy that feels bad and helps him keeping him lazy.
I'd have no problem moderating a thread like that. And you don't give them a chance to complain as you said above. You give them the proper thread link and merge to the sticked one.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!
 
jpalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Collegeville, PA
Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
I'd have no problem moderating a thread like that. And you don't give them a chance to complain as you said above. You give them the proper thread link and merge to the sticked one.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #15
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
AutobahnRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TriState, PA
Member #2056

 
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
lmfao. That made quite possibly be the funniest gif I have ever seen.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get a air bubble out of a 240sx "sticky" jdmwill Nissan / Infiniti Talk 10 01-13-2011 12:10 PM
New MTV Magic Show! "Human Giant!" aka "Illusionators" On Sale Off-Topic 1 01-28-2008 12:10 AM
It's "tuned" (programmer), so I guess it's a "tuner truck"... Ronin Tactical Gallery 10 05-07-2007 11:26 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.