TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
slushfilms
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16382

My Ride:
Evo Eight :)

Video footy from Sonic Meet - May 2, 2010

Hey guys. I'm the gimpy dude that was walking around with the cameras filming the meet. I put together a little commercial last night advertising our first episode of SLUSH TV which is dropping on Youtube this summer. Footy from this meet will be in the first episode. We will also be at Carlisle, both Ocean City Shows, HIN/Nopi in Englishtown, Myrtle Beach, Tulsa, Toronto, and a ton of local shows. We are working on a DVD release as well which we're hoping to drop early next year. I hope you all enjoy it, because this is a for the fans by the fans sorta deal. Kind of an underground insider look at the 717 car scene. If you see us at a show, hit me up!!! I'm not too hard to find, not too many dudes running around with 8 fingers and some banging cameras!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IOvTkjI19c - Not long, just a commercial.

youtube.com/slushfilms

Jerm
slushfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
slushfilms

Member #16382

My Ride:

This was my first Tristate meet, I heard about it through Brian Fox. We had a hella good time and can't wait to chill with everyone again!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

Nice parking spot at the end.
Nice car though.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
OMG JDM
Tri-State Addict

Member #2231

that kid who bought dave lightner's RHD civic hatch seemed like he had no clue what he was talking about.

Last edited by OMG JDM; 05-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.
OMG JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG JDM View Post
that kid who bought's dave lightner's RHD civic hatch seemed like he had no clue what he was talking about.
i dont know either of them but haha
he had no ****in idea what he was talking about
mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
slushfilms

Member #16382

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 View Post
i dont know either of them but haha
he had no ****in idea what he was talking about
he seemed like a nice enough guy, but def didnt know what the car had.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Bsaint
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2543

My Ride:
LSx M3, 2013 VW, 2014 CX-5, Slow Audi

Send a message via AIM to Bsaint
wayy too much fisheye, cars don't really look good under a fisheye it distorts them too much and you can't get any idea of the style. It's good for skating because it has a purpose make gaps, spots, flip tricks look bigger and high as well as filming closer. Instead of the fisheye I'd just put a slight wide angle on and a Uv/Pol filter when it's that bright out.

But nice job.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
slushfilms

Member #16382

My Ride:

i appreciate the feedback! well i have multiple fisheyes for multiple cameras. i usually use my mk2 fisheye for car stuff because it doesnt have as much barrel distortion and shows no VIG on youtube. the mk1 fisheye i used at the meet has an insane amount of distortion and vig. its awesome for car action shots if you get a good low angle, but i agree, too much use for non action shots gets old. i was trying to show my boy Fox some love, and his long lense footy happened to be on the tape we lost. i actually lost a tape somehow on the way back to town, and that tape was a full hour of long lens shots. we have about 4 hours of total tape im wading through in FCP.

i usually stay away from filters. some of the colors are off on the fisheye shots because i was long lens'ing all day and couldnt keep an eye on how the fisheye looked throughout the day. either way, keep the feedback coming on here and youtube, we're doing all this stuff for you guys, so your input is what we need! more vids coming soon.

we'll be at carlisle next weekend, if you see me (not hard to miss) hit me up!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
Bsaint
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2543

My Ride:
LSx M3, 2013 VW, 2014 CX-5, Slow Audi

Send a message via AIM to Bsaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by slushfilms View Post
i appreciate the feedback! well i have multiple fisheyes for multiple cameras. i usually use my mk2 fisheye for car stuff because it doesnt have as much barrel distortion and shows no VIG on youtube. the mk1 fisheye i used at the meet has an insane amount of distortion and vig. its awesome for car action shots if you get a good low angle, but i agree, too much use for non action shots gets old. i was trying to show my boy Fox some love, and his long lense footy happened to be on the tape we lost. i actually lost a tape somehow on the way back to town, and that tape was a full hour of long lens shots. we have about 4 hours of total tape im wading through in FCP.

i usually stay away from filters. some of the colors are off on the fisheye shots because i was long lens'ing all day and couldnt keep an eye on how the fisheye looked throughout the day. either way, keep the feedback coming on here and youtube, we're doing all this stuff for you guys, so your input is what we need! more vids coming soon.

we'll be at carlisle next weekend, if you see me (not hard to miss) hit me up!

No problem, always try and help fellow film/video makers out. I wouldn't stay away from filters not only does the UV help the internals of your camera, but a polarizer will help even out your sky exposure to your subject exposure in heavy bright lighting.

Example, this image on the left is no filter and image on the right has a polarizer, the church is brighter and the sky is a bit darker the colors end up being more vibrant and overall picture is less washed out.