TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
thunder_lizard
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8239

My Ride:
'86 VW Jetta*R.I.P.*, '02 V*Star 650 Classic, '96 Honda Civic

Send a message via Yahoo to thunder_lizard
Phantom speeding ticket?

I received in the mail, two citations, both from NJ; the first was for speeding (seemingly obvious since I own a WRX), the second for reckless driving ( which I found in NJ goes along with a cite for + 30 over the limit; they accuse 98 in a 65).. There are several inaccuracies in their documentation:

1: There is no VIN number on either of the citations
2: the date is incorrect: the last time I traveled inside NJ borders was between May 23-26th of 2008, and my location was far south, in the Cape May/ Atlantic county area: they specify 6-8-08, on I-78 WB....
3: The vehicle description they give is incorrect: the citation specifies a BLK (black) 08 Saab 4dr; my vehicle is a BLUE 2007 Subaru..WAGON-SW... a completely diffrent vehicle than they record...

You are nt here to give legal advice so I ask in this manner....What is the best way to point out, and have the court acknowledge the officer has made said errors?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

Im sure Sarge can give the positive answer since its NJ but I know PA if there is an error on the citation another is issued with the correct information. It doesnt mean it will be dropped because they got the info wrong.

Why do speeding and WRXs go hand in hand?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Can I ask... do you have any idea what these tickets may be in reference to? Were you stopped? If not, can they mail tickets without a stop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
thunder_lizard
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8239

My Ride:

The only time I've been stopped in this car was by a state trooper..in PA.. right down the road from my house.. he nailed me for 60 in a 40..I was pissed off that morning, and driving like an asstard.. so that one I totally deserved. In this case there was no traffic stop ( I'm sure I would remember it); they arrived here at the end of June. So I'm at a loss here as to how to proceed.

Bane..in reference to your comment, they don't necessarily go hand in hand..But in the almost 2 years since I've owned it I've been paced/ tailgated/ followed in some fashion by damn near every LEO I've come across, like a shark following a fresh blood trail. My car is WRB, so it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb
Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Sounds like the plate was missread by the officers and issued in error. You will need to call the court and plead not guilty. You will need to go to court to clear this up.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
thunder_lizard
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8239

My Ride:

Oct 15th....I wrote the Judge in question directly, explaining the situation.. going to court in person is not an option.., because I cannot afford to lose a full days' pay, plus I would likely lose my job.. Let's hope he understands, and at least appreciates that concept..He will review the case on the 20th. I'm not hopeful, given the history I've read, but there is an error, and I hope they make good on it...

Last edited by thunder_lizard; 10-17-2008 at 08:57 PM.
thunder_lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

If I were you I miss that days pay and get this cleared up. But hey try it your way it might work let us know how you did.