TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #701
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

Whats the point of a car you can't drive in the rain? I could understand if it was a sponsored show vehicle that is contractually not allowed to or something, or a car set up for racing (most likely wouldn't be street legal though). Otherwise it's just a car that's meant to be driven.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #702
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaybikes View Post
Whats the point of a car you can't drive in the rain? I could understand if it was a sponsored show vehicle that is contractually not allowed to or something, or a car set up for racing (most likely wouldn't be street legal though). Otherwise it's just a car that's meant to be driven.
I see both sides of this...

I keep my M3 as clean as I can. It's garaged in the winter...all winter...and garaged when I know it's going to rain. If it ends up parked outside and it has rained out, I drive my Impala to keep all the road grime off it.

With that being said, I'd still drive it down in the rain to this meet if it were raining/going to rain.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #703
00GAGT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8295

Send a message via AIM to 00GAGT
Quote:
whats the point of a car you can't drive in the rain? I could understand if it was a sponsored show vehicle that is contractually not allowed to or something, or a car set up for racing (most likely wouldn't be street legal though). Otherwise it's just a car that's meant to be driven.
^exactly
Old 04-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #704
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
Only gonna say this once as I got yelled at last year, rain date is for when it rains event is later held on pre set date..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #705
ryyiann
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14170

My Ride:
2011 Subaru WRX 5dr Limited 1992 Chevy Astro Van CS

that makes no sense... you better try again boss

At-your-home pet care services
Grooming Sitting Training
Old 04-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #706
GTI_NY
Tri-State Addict

Member #7578

My Ride:
I'm Dubbin' It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryyiann View Post
that makes no sense... you better try again boss
He said he was only going to say it once. I guess we are out of luck if we don't understand it. LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #707
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.

Its a tough situation to give people plenty of notice including those coming from out of town while still making an accurate call knowing the weather can change without notice.

Glad so many people are looking forward to the event as much as they are, which is where all of the strong opinions are coming from I guess, but the event was set up with a rain date from the start and it will be used if necessary; nothing is going to change that.

One more time, so hopefully everyone sees it among the pages and pages of posts discussing weather now...
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #708
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
I wanna come, but my sentra is too fine a piece of machinery to be out in the rain.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #709
Zack@Area1320
Former Vendor

Member #14881

My Ride:
08 STi Egg

Send a message via AIM to Zack@Area1320
Rain, snow, w/e. I personally don't really wanna get wet but I could care less about the car being wet lol. Cars are made so that the outside elements hit it, and not you thus protecting you. But walking around in it looking at cars would be the sucky part
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #710
00GAGT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8295

Send a message via AIM to 00GAGT
Alittle water never hurt anybody
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #711
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00GAGT View Post
Alittle water never hurt anybody
tell that to her --------> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Allergi...7401149&page=2
Old 04-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #712
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
honestly who wants to stand out in the rain? i could care less about the car getting wet, even though its brand new, but im not gonna drive all the way out there to hang outside in the rain. like b said the event was scheduled with a raindate. although it would suck if it rains on the rain date... rain rain rain date?

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #713
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
honestly who wants to stand out in the rain? i could care less about the car getting wet, even though its brand new, but im not gonna drive all the way out there to hang outside in the rain. like b said the event was scheduled with a raindate. although it would suck if it rains on the rain date... rain rain rain date?
If you make a rain date for a rain date, many people will drop out because a lot of people work weekends.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #714
focusp71
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15898

My Ride:
2013 Ford Fusion Ecoboost

i hope the rain holds back. im excited for this meet
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #715
superg6819
Tri-State Addict

Member #1540

My Ride:
evo 9 rs

Send a message via AIM to superg6819
looks like rain...fail.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:43 AM   #716
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I just hope everyone has been keeping up with threads posted on other forums... otherwise this meet will crumble if cancelled lol

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #717
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
might as well make next years for july, when it doesnt rain.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #718
snowrxboard
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15487

My Ride:
04 WRX

weather looks to be better on saturday then sunday my vote goes for the day before
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #719
crazysaywhat
Tri-State Addict

Member #13153

My Ride:
THE camo vert, gsxr1000, accord...

Send a message via AIM to crazysaywhat
Quote:
how about cars that dont have roofs? eat me

Quote:
LOLOL
Better be a household name. / Weatherman telling us it ain't gon' rain. / So now we sitting in a drop-top, soaking wet / In a silk suit trying not to sweat. ...
Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #720
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
Can we stop planning this for April? April SHOWERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
might as well make next years for july, when it doesnt rain.
Glad someone understands.
Closed Thread