TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

Send a message via AIM to MrDibbs19
Audi Turbo at West Chester Univeristy

i was touring the campus to see if i wanted to go to west chester and as i get out of my rsx-s im lookin around and i hear a BOV... look over a nice blacked out audi [dk exact model, but was a moderate sized one] sound so nice...maybe is a member of TST i know a lot of member are from around WC right???
2006 ACURA RSX-S - DCRH/Fujitsubo PowerGetter/CRSX Injen CAI/ESMM/Comptech SS/Team Voodoo Shift Knob/Retro-Solutions 5000K HIDs/Greystone 20% Tint/Defouler/Buddy Club Radiator Cap/TWM Shifter Bushings
FS: 06 RSX-S Muffler PM Me!
MrDibbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
EVmOore
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #903

i go to WCU never seen or heard that car before
EVmOore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

I have seen that car if it is a blue Audi S4---was it a blue hatch back? I saw that car all the time there like 3 years ago when I went to WCU--maybe someone is back for grad school? or it is a faculty member. it was always parked outside of Philips Hall.
WRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVmOore
i go to WCU never seen or heard that car before
how do you like it at WCU??? i went yesterday when most people were in class... big party school i hear??? good car place too???... and idk maybe it was jsut passing by but it was sooo nice and it was definetly Black with really Dark Tints
2006 ACURA RSX-S - DCRH/Fujitsubo PowerGetter/CRSX Injen CAI/ESMM/Comptech SS/Team Voodoo Shift Knob/Retro-Solutions 5000K HIDs/Greystone 20% Tint/Defouler/Buddy Club Radiator Cap/TWM Shifter Bushings
Old 01-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Send a message via AIM to sisforsurfing
Did it have black wheels? I have a friend who goes there who has a black A4 1.8t with an RS4 kit, you can hear his diverter valve.
The people I know that go there like it. I visited once, they definitely know how to party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sisforsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

I went to WCU from 01-03. It is a really nice school, and a really nice town. I dont know if you would consider it a 'party' school (if you have ever been to JMU, you know what I mean). There are plenty of parties though--if there were less bicycle cops it would probably be more of a party school.

WCU is primarily known for its education program and music progam and it is gaining clout in its science program. Lots of education majors means lots of ladies...so if you like the ladies, definitely check it out. When I went there in 01, they had a 8:1 female to male ratio. Every class of mine was like 16 girls and 2 guys--not too shabby. There are tons of campus clubs and organizations as well as a healthy Greek life. Also, about 75% of the campus commutes, so whenever it snows, school is almost always cancelled;) If you are looking in the area, I highly reccomend WCU and I look back on my days there remembering a lot of fun times.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

yea i am really lookin into it... but what is there to do in WC... i mean i drove through a little of it and it reminds me of Doylestown [where i live]
Old 01-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #8
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisforsurfing
Did it have black wheels? I have a friend who goes there who has a black A4 1.8t with an RS4 kit, you can hear his diverter valve.
The people I know that go there like it. I visited once, they definitely know how to party.
i think it did have black wheels... i think i seen your friend
Old 01-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
i go to WCU as well, i really like it and we definitely know how to throw down. and im pretty sure i know what audi you're talking about but i do not know who the owner is. next time i see it i'll try to find out. if you decide to come here you'll definitely have a great time and meet some awesome people. if you have any questions let me know i'd be glad to help you out
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #10
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM
i go to WCU as well, i really like it and we definitely know how to throw down. and im pretty sure i know what audi you're talking about but i do not know who the owner is. next time i see it i'll try to find out. if you decide to come here you'll definitely have a great time and meet some awesome people. if you have any questions let me know i'd be glad to help you out
so its a good time... i''m just afraid that if i get there i can't find anything to do...
Old 01-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #11
EVmOore

Member #903

The town of WC is reminds me a lot of Doylestown, WCU isn't too bad.
Our school is know that have a blood alcohol level higher then our GPA. As far as cars go there of ton or ricers in town they are all over the place. But there are some nice cars too.
oh and the education is ok if you care

Last edited by EVmOore; 01-26-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #12
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVmOore
The town of WC is reminds me a lot of Doylestown, WCU isn't too bad.
Our school is know that have a blood alcohol level higher then our GPA. As far as cars go there of ton or ricers in town they are all over the place. But there are some nice cars too.
oh and the education is ok if you care
yea i noticed the abundance of ricers... you might of seen this one girl with a lancer oz rally with big mitsu decal in the rear windshield and euro lights and ****... boo, but yea im lookin to get an educaton in business and get drunk and have fun, do you bring your car to campus??? and how are dorms there???
Old 01-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

yes you can bring your car, but if you are living in a dorm (residence hall) you have to pay a flat fee to park in a specific lot. The dorms arent bad--depending on what you are looking for. Pretty much the same at any college. A dorm consists of a 'double' room...cinder block or brick walls, two twin sized beds (can usually be bunked) two desks, and two closets/dressers. At most of them you can pay extra to have a minifridge or a microwave or some let you bring your own. At the dorm you would have a community bathroom which is where you would shower...kinda like camp. Laundry is also done in a community laundry room usually located in the basement. These days pretty much all dorms include phone service and broadband internet access, but dont quote me on that. WCU is a 'dry' campus, meaning that if you are caught with alcohol on campus (including the dorms) you can be cited/arrested even if you are over 21.

As an alternative to 'dorm' rooms WCU has university apartments on south campus which are pretty much the same but they have a living room and a kitchen. Also the apartments arent usually found in 10-20 floor highrises like the dorm rooms.

as far as things to do in West Chester...damn--where do I start. Tons of restauraunts, bars, ice skating rink, malls located nearby (exton, KofP) tons of athletic fields and a gym that is free for students. WCU football games are fun to go to. There is a campus movie theater (like $2 a movie).
If you can get into bars check out
15 North-dancing, live bands 'club' atmosphere
The Rat-dance club, bar, billiards, karaoke
Rex's- hole in the wall
Jakes- hole in the wall (50 cent draft nights!)
Vincent's- Live jazz

sounds like you really need to take a campus tour

there are tons of ricers in WC..but also tons of 'daddy bought be a new bmw for graduating 500th in my class'. There are also genuine car people if you look close enough.

Last edited by WRXD; 01-26-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
dont worry, there is always something to do in west chester. never a dull moment
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

i took a half ass campus tour as a lot of students were in class... kinda retarded but i had a half day of school and i figured i'd go check it out... i saw a few hott women runnin around so i liked that... i wasnt allowed to look at a dorm but i guess its like every other dorm room... i'll take your word of WCU not being dull and maybe FALL 06 i'll be in the area/college
Old 01-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #16
EVmOore

Member #903

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibbs19
yea i noticed the abundance of ricers... you might of seen this one girl with a lancer oz rally with big mitsu decal in the rear windshield and euro lights and ****... boo, but yea im lookin to get an educaton in business and get drunk and have fun, do you bring your car to campus??? and how are dorms there???

As far as leaving your car on campus, I wouldn’t leave your car on south campus (my opinion) too much goes on down there u don’t see. I used to live in the WC Commons which was nice because I could check on m car if I needed to with in a few seconds. Right now I commute so I don’t mind leaving my car there for the day but over night on south campus isn’t the best idea. I am not trying to scare u at all im just telling u what i know.
And they shut down the rat
Old 01-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #17
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
I have parked alot of places on wc's campus and never really had a problem. My friend who is on the board too actually had his car broken into right on *** street so no matter where you park no matter how well lit it is if someone wants ur stuff they are probably gonna get it. Actually it was probably shady coastesville peeople.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

yeah...I wouldnt leave my car parked on the street in West Chester---most of the time, freshman have to park in R lot (also know as Rape lot due to the fact that it is the farthest point from campus, there are barely any lights and its in the middle of nowhere). Peoples cars used to gets stolen from there all the time, the road leads right to Rt 202 South. It might be better now though.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #19
EM2Pa
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #933

best place to park is in the parking garage because there are cameras and sometimes they have the gate down and u need your card just to get into it. the parking garage is on north campus and is a bit of a walk, but its alright especially when its snowing u dont want to wash ur car off. u cant leave ur car in there tho all night. if u got the money, get a parking spot in the parking garage on north campus right near the art building. theres a person usually right at the entrance most of the time. but it cost i believe 150-200 a semester to park at and its covered and many floors and u need a pass and is very close to north.
EM2Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #20
MrDibbs19
Tri-State Addict

Member #1232

My Ride:
2006 acura rsx type s

hmm... i'm still debatin if i were to go there if i would bring my 06 rsx-s up there... the parking garage deal doesn't sound that bad