TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
dwl137
Tri-State Addict

Member #1248

My Ride:
2013 MX-5 Club, 2011 Golf TDI

Send a message via AIM to dwl137
It was bound to happen...

Well, I knew that the new fast and the furious movie was going to have this side effect, I just never expected it to hit so close to home. A close friend of mine was killed friday night, shortly after her boyfriend picked her up after he left the theatres to see the movie. Most can imagine what happened, but the short of it is her boyfriend and one other friend were in the car. The boyfriend tried to drift around a corner and ending up losing control of the car and skidding into a light pole at what the cops estimate was at least 120 mph. Both her legs were broken, her spinal cord cut and various other injuries including brain damage. She died at the hospital shortly after, but held on long enough to say goodbye to her parents/grandma. The boyfriend is in critical condition as well and not expected to survive.

I know I'm not known on here at all, as I always read the posts and not much more. Just thought i'd put this out there as a wake up call. It's always seemed that the members here are smart enough to not do something like this, but **** happens. I guess what i'm saying is if you feel the need to do something like this, please take it to the track and dont put others in danger, because you never know what might happen.

My apologies for venting on the board and brining a negative attitude around, just needed to get it off my chest somehow...
dwl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
SUB2.5RS
Tri-State Addict

Member #697

My Ride:
2.5RS , 89 Supra turbo , 93 240SX coupe (SOLD), 96 Legacy

...sorry to hear about your friend. its ashame to hear about things like this happen. I dot know what else to say because something like this just hurts to know someone close to you is no longer here ,because of another person that wants to be smart....im sorry
SUB2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
omg man I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. GOD DAM I wish people would just stop bein so effin STUPID! Really man, I am sorry to hear about that. May she RIP.
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Jeesus Christ...EST @ 120MPH...what the **** goes on in peoples minds.

Rest in piece and if you or any of them need anything...let us, or alteast me know.

Charity car show?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BUY MY STUFF!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
vteckiller142
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1124

Send a message via AIM to vteckiller142
Im so sorry to hear that best wishes to her and her family
vteckiller142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Sorry for your loss. When the hell will these morons learn that what you see in a movie isn't s**t you go and try to act out in real life.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
aww im sorry to hear.. my wishes and paryers to to her and her family.. im not going to mention anything of the stupidity of "drifting" at 120.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

I hope the kid survives so you can beat the shiat out of him. If you want some help..I'm sure everyone on the forum would like to get a hit or two in.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #9
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
sorry to hear about your loss man that really sucks. agree with statement above. I don't know why people think they can imitate stuff in the movies. DO IT SOMEWHERE that theres not people around and dont do it with others in the car. What kind of car did he try to drift does he not understand all the suspension work done to the cars to do that ****?

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
The point that noone else has brought up yet...if your by yourself...alone...whatever....if you have someone that you supposedly "love" in the vehicle with you...that's irresponsible, discrespectful, stupid, etc. etc. etc.

Noone else mentioned (except me)....

120MPH!!!

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #11
dwl137
Tri-State Addict

Member #1248

My Ride:
2013 MX-5 Club, 2011 Golf TDI

Send a message via AIM to dwl137
BlackBulletTSi: the car he tried it in was an eagle talon turbo and I think he had NOS on it as well, not 100% sure on that.

The cops are trying to say it was a no-fault accident, but there is no way that that will hold up. I appreciate all the kind words from everyone.
dwl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
JDM-BB6
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #752

Send a message via AIM to JDM-BB6
I'm sorry to hear about ur loss. It's ashame that something like that has to happen, it sucks to say but because of stuff like this u realize more why cops pick on people with imports and or most 4 cylinder cars with loud exhuasts and or looking fast to them.Over the past 6 years i've cut numerous kid's outta car's for driving recklessly on the street,some made and some didn't.It's not a very fun thing to do when u realize that the kid is 17 or 18 with a car way to powerful for them and they lose it showing off and someone get's hurt bad or dies.My prayers go to ur friend and family. Like the other said if u need help with a benefit i'd be willing to help raise money.I've done a few before at my Firehouse in Burlington,Nj.we have a large parking lot and hall.So if u need anything lemme know.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
eviltalon
Tri-State Addict

Member #1374

My Ride:
Eagle Summit

Yeah bro thats really f'ed up. Sorry for your loss. I also called it about 2 weeks ago that this movie would make people want to experiment with drifting. I agree totally with u. Do it at the track, because the consequences aren't worth it.
I find it ironic that getting the clap is nothing to cheer about.
If u dont get it
it u will.
eviltalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #14
Crzyguy972
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #514

My Ride:
2005 Mazda 6

Send a message via AIM to Crzyguy972
wow, completly irresponsible.. I just dont get it people see superman fly from building to building and people don't try it becuase they know they cant but when a racing movie comes out every1 believes there capable of anything. redicoulous. sorry for your loss
Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #15
MPowerKai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1011

My Ride:
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to MPowerKai
Luckily I learned driftng before this movie and I don't practice on the street. Sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace. You have my condolences
Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #16
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Oh man, I am so sorry for your loss.

That is just sad. People need to learn that what they see in movies or on tv can almost never be replicated in real life. And if somebody is gonna try that crap, do it by yourself so as not to put anybody else's life in danger. You and her family will be in my prayers.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #17
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
I'm sorry to hear that she lost her life. That really sucks. My best go to her family and friends.

As for the boyfriend.......

LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #18
koho2731
Tri-State Addict

Member #997

My Ride:
95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to koho2731 Send a message via Yahoo to koho2731
Sorry to hear about you loss. This was a senseless death. I guess he didn't think about the fact that every AWD car in the movies were converted to RWD and it was all done on a closed circut. This is the **** the pisses me off, same thing happend after the 1st movie up in ND some dumbass is a eary 90's acourd thought it would be fun to put a 100 shot of Nitrouis on his car and put into a ditch and rolled the car only good thing was he was the only one in the car. Any way I'm sorry about the loss I will keep her in my prayers.
koho2731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #19
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

sorry to hear about the loss, but it sux that b/c of 1 person being irresible and ****ing retarded, u lost a good friend
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote