TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #101
techboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #714

My Ride:
99 Eclipse

Sounds good guys. See everyone in front of the Fresh Market tomorrow morning. I'll probably get there about 9:15ish.
techboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #102
sysfailur
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #9101

See you gypsys tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 Aspen White STi

sysfailur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #103
Subaruwrxst!
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15667

My Ride:
96 Integra Gsr

Send a message via AIM to Subaruwrxst!
Fresh market? Is it at the promenade shops?
Subaruwrxst! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #104
Subaruwrxst!

Member #15667

My Ride:
96 Integra Gsr

Send a message via AIM to Subaruwrxst!
Forget it i know where it is lol
Subaruwrxst! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #105
ffmike56
Noob-Jersey

Member #22912

My Ride:
1998 ford explorer

Shouldve went right down 309 to county line rd. this cruise was non existant once we go on 313. Just my 2cents for next year
ffmike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #106
davidc8189

Member #23092

My Ride:
2005 dodge neon SRT-4

Very true lol I'm glad I had mapquest on my phone or I wouldn't have made it
davidc8189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #107
vdcoff
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6984

My Ride:
2011 Impreza WRX Ltd / 2012 Yamaha FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffmike56 View Post
Shouldve went right down 309 to county line rd. this cruise was non existant once we go on 313. Just my 2cents for next year
This cruise was non existant because people drive like idiots. Once people got on 309 it was off to the races. If people wouldnt drive like idiots and stay at a steady pace so everyone can stay together it would be better for everyone.

Its a caravan not a drag race.

vdcoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
techboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #714

My Ride:
99 Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcoff View Post
This cruise was non existant because people drive like idiots. Once people got on 309 it was off to the races. If people wouldnt drive like idiots and stay at a steady pace so everyone can stay together it would be better for everyone.

Its a caravan not a drag race.
I agree w/ vdcoff. Just about any caravan that is not on a toll road without lights is going to get separated. It's just the nature of the beast. You try going down 309 through Q-town and part of Montgomeryville to County Line, and then drive through the construction on County Line that will probably STILL be going on next year and let me know how your caravan goes.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #109
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
You guys are forgetting that "cruse" to people who are under 21 years old means driving in a group at speed above 75mph no matter what the posted limit.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #110
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
this was a horrible caravan.

turning off 309 3-4 cars at a time, racing down back roads, seperating from the pack. it took 2 hours to drive what 30 miles because of these backroad detours? IF i attend any further TST function it will not be with the LV caravan. this was a joke.

the meet was not the greatest either. it lost all of its luster by not being at a sonic, i realize the parking concerns but this just seemed like a rip off WBM and it was not even close to as good.

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #111
techboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #714

My Ride:
99 Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballman1987 View Post
this was a horrible caravan.

turning off 309 3-4 cars at a time, racing down back roads, seperating from the pack. it took 2 hours to drive what 30 miles because of these backroad detours? IF i attend any further TST function it will not be with the LV caravan. this was a joke.

the meet was not the greatest either. it lost all of its luster by not being at a sonic, i realize the parking concerns but this just seemed like a rip off WBM and it was not even close to as good.

just my 2 cents.
Hindsight is always 20/20 ... and I can't say I'll be the point person for this next year since there's no way of knowing what will be going on in my life then ... but I'll post up my thoughts so the next person has something to go off of ....

I think what needs to happen for the LHV Caravan to be a success is we need to meet at the Red Robin on Tilgham street just down from the Allentown interchange of the TP and take the TP down. The only way to keep everyone together is to avoid lights, towns, etc .. and stay on major toll roads as I said a few posts up. It's a longer drive b/c the TP takes you a little out of the way, but I think everyone will enjoy the caravan more b/c the "expectation" of a caravan will be met. So ... that's my .02 for next year's organizer, whether it be me or someone else.

As far as the meet goes, that's not my department. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I thought it was well done and well organized. It'll never be at a a Sonic again b/c it just gotten too big for a Sonic and other local business are not interested in having their parking lots tied up all day - that's just the way it is.

Myself and some friends have organized the CF Benefit Car Show every year for the last 11 years, I know what it takes to organize a show, get an insurance policy, find a location, get food vendors, deal w/ townships and all the behind-the-scene stuff that nobody thinks about or sees during the event. It's a lot of work and a lot of time, not to mention the money it takes up front to run the event. Again, my hat goes off to Troll and the rest of the staff.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #112
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20 ... and I can't say I'll be the point person for this next year since there's no way of knowing what will be going on in my life then ... but I'll post up my thoughts so the next person has something to go off of ....

I think what needs to happen for the LHV Caravan to be a success is we need to meet at the Red Robin on Tilgham street just down from the Allentown interchange of the TP and take the TP down. The only way to keep everyone together is to avoid lights, towns, etc .. and stay on major toll roads as I said a few posts up. It's a longer drive b/c the TP takes you a little out of the way, but I think everyone will enjoy the caravan more b/c the "expectation" of a caravan will be met. So ... that's my .02 for next year's organizer, whether it be me or someone else.

As far as the meet goes, that's not my department. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I thought it was well done and well organized. It'll never be at a a Sonic again b/c it just gotten too big for a Sonic and other local business are not interested in having their parking lots tied up all day - that's just the way it is.

Myself and some friends have organized the CF Benefit Car Show every year for the last 11 years, I know what it takes to organize a show, get an insurance policy, find a location, get food vendors, deal w/ townships and all the behind-the-scene stuff that nobody thinks about or sees during the event. It's a lot of work and a lot of time, not to mention the money it takes up front to run the event. Again, my hat goes off to Troll and the rest of the staff.
im not criticizing the caravans setup/intention, it was the people in the caravan that ruined it. the "new" kids who have never done the caravan deal before who think that its a race to get to the meet.

in order for it actually to be a caravan we would have to stay together. in fact i saw the blue WRX wagon with all the "hard parking" stickers on the hood pass the audi in front of us on a back road, and im pretty sure it was a double yellow, there was no need for that crap. maybe its me being old, im all for a good time but "Racing" to the meet is not how the caravan should be.

im not putting that on the caravan leader, but the immaturity of select persons in the caravan.

/rant

Last edited by fballman1987; 05-14-2012 at 04:51 PM.
fballman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #113
x03_EVOx
Tri-State Addict

Member #22077

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8

^^^I completely agree. I saw that wrx passing someone and it is stupid. And I'm new to the caravan deal.

1995 Mitsu 3000gt VR4 - Sold

2003 RR Mitsu EVO 8 - Current....need a better DD!
2005 Mitsu Outlander XLS - The Wifey's ride.....
x03_EVOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #114
vdcoff
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6984

My Ride:
2011 Impreza WRX Ltd / 2012 Yamaha FZ8

I had an older black bmw behind me for a while and randomly at an intersection with slow traffic ahead of me he desides to use the shoulder to go around me and everyone else. Stupid.

vdcoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #115
techboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #714

My Ride:
99 Eclipse

Well ... I'm "older" now too and I've also noticed some of the same things you guys are bringing up.