TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
M1dship
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20014

My Ride:
1995 s14 sr20

NEW Quakertown Thursday night meet!?

I want to start up a new Quakertown car meet started the same time on Thursdays in the parking lot where Im a store manager at 'to start out'. The location isnt THAT big of a parking lot but 90% of the stores are closed by then so it should be fine for a temp location. The parking lot im thinking of is located at 585 south west end blvd quakertown in the little shopping center next to 7-11. If people really want to start a meet and run it the right way then we can meet there a couple times to talk about a new/bigger location. If people come to this location at 8pm starting 5-24-12 then I want people to be willing to talk and plan a new location rather then just to hang out. I want this planned out and done right this time. I would want to be strict about telling people to leave that do stupid sh*t to end/ruin meets. I will gladly run a new meet making sure people leave that act up with help from anyone else who feels the same as me. Keeping people under control so everyone has a good time is something that everyone needs/should help with. I just want to have a quakertown meet that isnt filled with doing stupid things and showing off. Meets should be a place where people go to have fun and check out peoples cars and relax. Not worry about cops kicking them out or stupid people almost hitting other peoples cars. Im just wondering what you all think about this and if anyone wants to help me start this up!

Pm me if you want my phone number if you feel the same way as me and you want to help me run this!

So what do you all think about this?
M1dship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
There is a meet at the Sonic, and on Thursday Night. The Police can not kick you out of there if your parked in the Sonic Lot, unless they see you doing something illegal. Yes they will kick you out if your in the Grand View Hospital Lot or any other adjacent lots.

You being Store Manager does not qualify you to give permission to have a meet its the Property Owner who has to clear it, and then confirm that fact with the local PD....not even the Store Owner can do this unless they are the Property Owner too.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I have been doing the meet thing for years and know what is coming down the pipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Stupid thread is stupid.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
M1dship
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20014

My Ride:
1995 s14 sr20

**** you guys then. Sorry for wanting to go to a meet without dumb people starting ****. I said i just wanted to meet here to talk about a location to start one up...not have the meet here. At least i was trying to start a meet where people can go and have fun without dealing with the sonic kids.

Admins...please take this down thread down.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
M1dship
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20014

My Ride:
1995 s14 sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Stupid thread is stupid.
i dont see anyone trying to do anything about the sonic meet other then complaining about how much it sucks because people do a lot of stupid things. No one is doing anything about it so if you think it was stupid to try and start a meet that is a lot better then i think your the stupid one....
Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
The best way to get a good meet going is to keep it on the Down Low......TsT and FaceBook are infested with the people who are the problem when it comes to advertising for a meet.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
M1dship
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20014

My Ride:
1995 s14 sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
The best way to get a good meet going is to keep it on the Down Low......TsT and FaceBook are infested with the people who are the problem when it comes to advertising for a meet.
Thank you for responding with an answer and not being rude....i appreciated that.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

My more serious 2 cents, if you start a meet you should do the leg work yourself IE find a location, get permission, talk to the local PD, and then post about it.

Its like field of dreams, 'If you build it they will come.'

Personally, I think there are already too many meets in the local area. I'd love to see a few of them merge into nice big meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1dship View Post
i dont see anyone trying to do anything about the sonic meet other then complaining about how much it sucks because people do a lot of stupid things. No one is doing anything about it so if you think it was stupid to try and start a meet that is a lot better then i think your the stupid one....
I would assume if you start another meet that is in the same area as the last one that got shut down the new one would likely attract the same crowd as well. Its kinda the unfortunate way of things.

Last edited by jpalamar; 05-16-2012 at 03:59 PM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
PhilaCivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16251

My Ride:
2011 Civic Si

if you live near lansdale or would be willing to drive there we do have a nice meet thursday by slacks hoagie shack. It was started because sonic in qtown became way to crazy, last week we had about 50 cars and the pwner of slacks gives us a nice discount on subs. no burnouts, speeding etc, nice guys that are approachable

*Kevin*
PhilaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
M1dship
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20014

My Ride:
1995 s14 sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaCivic View Post
if you live near lansdale or would be willing to drive there we do have a nice meet thursday by slacks hoagie shack. It was started because sonic in qtown became way to crazy, last week we had about 50 cars and the pwner of slacks gives us a nice discount on subs. no burnouts, speeding etc, nice guys that are approachable
Nice. Thanks a lot