TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #541
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Alrighty then. Spring is upon us so time for an update on this thing.

- Paid it off, so now it is officially mine!

- A company/garage/shop out in MA called MRP has decided to start producing some awesome Juke upgrades. Since I already have a turbo back exhaust and a front mount, I only ordered their engine/torque mount and their battery/ECU wire cover. They have some custom Rally Armor mudflaps but I don't know if I want to be that guy, and who puts mud flaps on a FWD car anyway? lol

-Will be ordering some upgraded LCAs since the stocks are prone to failure and cracking. Thankfully, the Juke RS has beefed up LCAs so those are what I will be purchasing.

-Considering the Cusco rear sway bar with some fresh bushings. 300$ is pricey though.

-Ordering a case liquid gold (Amsoil signature oil).

- Summer wheels will be back on soon but I am scared to put them on with all these pot holes. I already had 1 wheel refinished over the winter because I curbed it a bit. Shop I used was fantastic.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #542
empera
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3674

My Ride:
67.5 Roadster, 00 Outback, 93.5 Supra tt, 88 Shiro, Tundra, turbo sc300

Send a message via AIM to empera
nice nice....

you know the other day i saw a juke from behind and said "well its not too bad from behind" . Thought about your build right after lol
empera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:18 AM   #543
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

The back looks great. It has Z34 styled tail lights which I love. The front grows on you, especially the Nismo fronts. I'd love to do a Nismo conversion but I am sure my front mount won't clear it and I don't want to cut any Nismo parts to mkae it fit.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #544
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

My wife has a 2013 FWD turbo juke, red. I personally don't like how small the interior is (especially if you're riding shotgun). The CVT transmission is super sloppy too. So glad I don't daily it lol Some days I wish it was 6spd like yours

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #545
c7scayman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Alrighty then. Spring is upon us so time for an update on this thing.

-They have some custom Rally Armor mudflaps but I don't know if I want to be that guy, and who puts mud flaps on a FWD car anyway? lol
I recently bought a small hatchback. I was considering Rally Armor mudflaps because I NEED mud flaps. When I drive in the rain, the tires shoot the water straight up into my rear windshield/trunk and anyone following me within 25 feet. The water shoots up about 7 feet high.
13 MK6 GTI 2020 - Current
c7scayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #546
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7scayman View Post
I recently bought a small hatchback. I was considering Rally Armor mudflaps because I NEED mud flaps. When I drive in the rain, the tires shoot the water straight up into my rear windshield/trunk and anyone following me within 25 feet. The water shoots up about 7 feet high.
I'll really have to get some input from friends and see what they think of the large mudflap look on my Juke. They aren't cheap at 130$ either.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #547
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

My NISMO RS control arms came in today. They look good, can't wait to get them in. Also got my MRP Upper engine torque mount and battery/ECU cover. Going to paint the cover black before I install it. Still waiting on my Lower torque mount.

Also ordered a tap and die set to tap my shifter shaft so I can install my new TWM Specter RL shift knob. My NGK plugs gapped slightly off from stock came in (they are good for 20 PSI without spark blowout at this gap), and my case of liquid gold.

Going to let my mechanic install everything in a week once it all comes in plus swap over to summer wheels.

I really want to drop in a Sparco seat but need to find someone to fab me up a bracket. I had a Sparco Fighter in my Sentra and loved it.

Also, found a site that sells Juke NISMO RS transmissions and well, I want one. It's a stronger transmission with a LSD, and at $1,750 for a brand new unit, it's not a bad price. I think I'll wait until Winter to make a decision on that though.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #548
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

So I have decided to put all performance mods on hold for a while. Can't do that much more anyway without going full custom on everything and the car rides great and has plenty of power as is. So I have decided to make the car more enjoyable elsewhere.

It has been 3 years since I bought the car brand new, and one aspect of the car has suited me just fine...until now. The sound. No no, not the engine and exhaust sound, that is still beautiful. The stock stereo system. It is time for it to depart, and in a pretty big way. I am going to do this upgrade in phases as it is costly, and this first phase is definitely the most expensive.

I have put systems in my cars before. Hell I remember my first system when I was 17, in my 1997 Sentra. 2 12" Dual subs and a 1200 Watt Sony Xplode amp. Looking back now, it sounded okay but good Lord was it ugly and gaudy. It also made my trunk completely useless. That isn't an option with my Juke which is why this upgrade is so expensive, but it's going to be pretty sweet.

The heart of any system is the sub and the amp that powers the sub, and I got myself one hell of a combo.

JL Audio Jx500/1D 500 Wat Mono Amp being paired with a JL Audio 12W3v3-2 12" Sub. The expensive part: That sub is housed in a JL Audio Stealthbox custom made for the Juke.

That means all my storage space remains untouched, and my system is completely hidden, while giving me the thump I am looking for. Front speakers are being upgraded to some mid range Kenwoods, nothing fancy yet.

The stock head unit is also departing to make way for this:

Kenwood DDX372BT

I love a good sounding system. I hate an over the top "look at me" system. I think the route I am going, is the perfect one in terms of quality and stealth. I should have everything in by next week and installed hopefully over that weekend.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:49 PM   #549
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

8 Years I have owned the car and barely a scratch on it. That is until a high bitch at 3AM on Saturday morning decided to test the airbags in her 2020 Kia Forte. Macked up the entire rear of the Juke, suspension and all. Currently at the body shop, won't know the damage (don't matter going through her insurance, it was a hit and run too, my car was parked) for a few more days it seems. Hoping to get some new Works out of it since she messed up my wheels. Car was also in gear so I am thinking my trans might be screwed.