TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

LM BBS Reps were rubbing the control arms and tore the tread off of my Kuhmo!

Is this something that can be corrected by spacers?
Is it a common problem with the LM BBS reps and sport suspension?

I can load up pics tonight if needed, basically the corner of the tread on the insides of the front two wheels was ground down by the upper control arm to the point that it grabbed and tore a .5" by 18" strip from the tread leaving the steel braid exposed.

Only happened on the front two tires. Rubbing was on both sides and you can clearly see where the control arms were making contact. Only one side was actually torn up though.

Not sure of the off-set, the PO put them on and I have put maybe 3k on the car since buying it. I have been noticing a slight pull to the left (the tire which was ripped up) for about 3 days now and then this happened yesterday.

I put the stock rims on and the pull was gone, go figure.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
tredvento
Tri-State Addict

Member #7075

My Ride:
89 turbo brick

what size, what brand reps? you will be corected with spacers but your gonna want to do front and rear, most people go 10-15mm bigger in the rear( im running 25 rear and no fronts)
tredvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
yeah sounds like a case of incorrect offset wheels on your car... a spacer would cure the problem and you could probably go as small as 5mm and completely cure the problem. if its only rubbing in the front then you'd only need them in the front, but if you are concerned with the looks then thats where a larger spacer and doing them in the rear as well would come into play.
and i would definitely recommend replacing the tires that were damaged... sounds dangerous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Thanks guys, I ordered 4 ECS 15mm spacers and Bolts.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote