TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
ok so you tell me... whos right?

Im sitting at my "desk" at work today doing color sep's for screen printing and other design work, thats what i do, when a co worker tells me "Yo go get me a blt". i laughed and said "yeah right" he then replied "Your my bitch go get me my BLT accross the street" (the last guy that told me i was his bitch at a workplace got knocked out and spent a night in the hospital, i dont take easy to that line after awhile especially when the person does the same **** i do at work.). I just looked at him and said "you dont pay me, jesse does" basically saying im not going to do something that 1.isnt in my job title 2.thats probably gonna take longer then i actually had left in my shift 3. Answer to someone other then my boss. At this time he gets pissed off and walks out of our where we work. Another coworker tells me at this time "dont listen to him you dont gotta do that ****, he aint jesse" i informed the co-worker that i wasnt going to either. Then the kid comes back in still pissed off, slams the door probably coming in from calling my boss but he didnt answer, sits down then says "remember im the one who got u this job, jesse asked me if i thought u could do this **** and i said yes... Your MY INTERN ok? im the one with ART Director written under my name not you, you listen to me!" i looked at him and said My job here isnt just art work i do other **** for jesse." My job title isnt intern and also last time i checked interns dont get payed. ALSO I was never told that worked under this kid, only along side of him and never have i seen him or his name as "ART director" thats just . The kid then says "what are you doing here? are you waiting for a ride? do you have a car?" Me:"No" Him"Well leave... (50 seconds later as im still sitting there with my laptop open loling like santa clause) and dont wait til 6 oclock like when your supposed to be leaving. you really pissed me off now leave and dont wait back here if u have to wait for a ride. See ya tomarrow". So i take my time pack my ****, pissed but smirking like a smart ass with that same feeling i had at the last job like this and left.

Now i thought my boss would have called me tonight about this but hasnt which has me on edge thinking, since that guy has been there for almost 2 years and me for only a month, that jesse is gonna lay me off tomarrow and if not im probably going to leave because i cant work besides someone like that, especially when they think there gonna use me for bitch runs to wawa ill tell them to stfu and gtfo . I cant see how i could come into this print design place, give them alot of **** they needed (extra hours helping out, free software they would have to pay ($1100+) for, and a laptop they could use as a printer server, with an epson printer, on our network) and have my boss either just lay me off because i didnt get this kid his BLT or lay me off, instead of this kid, cause we dont get along which wasnt my choice.

I dont see a reason why jesse would lay me off that was resonable. What hes going to lay me off cause i didnt get this kid his BLT?!?! lol. Really jesse has been upset with the way this kid comes in later then he would like (he makes his own scehdule, give him b/s) and keeps all his artwork w/him instead of on the main server which it makes jobs harder to do when we dont have the work cause hes not in and the files are on his company supplied computer that he takes home (Ive never heard of an "ART DIRECTOR" not able to afford his own mac book, its not even a PRO which i have lol, that has no bills but a cell phone). So who knows how this is going to work out tomarrow. All i know is i can find kids i go to school with that are just as good if not better then this kid that will take his place anyday.

what do u guys think
Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
CobaltGrl
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2672

My Ride:
06' Chevy Cobalt Sport Coupe

Send a message via AIM to CobaltGrl Send a message via MSN to CobaltGrl Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltGrl
dont piss off those with seniority in the work place, they can make your work life a living hell.

Quote:
I hope this doesnt excite Cobaltgirl into a wanking frenzy!
Quote:
thanks sandy i appreciate your undying love for me.
CobaltGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:
1993 s13 coupe Ka-t; 2005 Legacy GT Ltd

It was unproffesional for him to call you his bitch and expect you to go buy him food so I say **** him and **** your boss if he doesn't think the same.

..that may not be rational thought to someone who wants to keep his job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ScubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

I have 2 members of managment and about 20 full time employees that report to me and i've always been very firm in my philosophy that "we all work side by side". People that really are in charge don't need to call people names.

However, you also need to play the game a little bit. People that have the bosses ear can make your job hard if said boss is not as level headed as some people. Be the first to react. Tell the boss, very sincerely, that you were not aware that you were this guys intern, and tell him that you will gladly run errands to wawa for this fellow if that is Jesse's wish and he is going to pay you for it. Then just do it. If Jesse is any bit responsible he would have this guy in his office in a heartbeat wondering how he is going to send people, on the clock, to get him food.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I'm a wise-a$$ when in that situation. I would have done the same thing, or just ignored the moron.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #6
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

i would have ignored him personally, but no, you're not in the "wrong".

if anything came up about it, tell him the truth and justify yourself, if you feel the job is worth it. you're nobody's bitch, and don't let that asshole get the upper-hand

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
This is a prime example of unlawful discrimination and is not tolerated in the US! He pretty much used a postion to take advantage of you for personnel gain which is total BS! Take it up the chain and dont say one word to the parties involved so you don't dig a hole for yourself. Let your voice carry my friend. You are a better man then me I would of knocked him down then told him to go get a coffee.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
dude you should have gotten him the BLT

and spit all over that **** on your way back

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
antlip
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1298

My Ride:
70 Chevelle

Get him that hoagie he wants tomorrow and fill it with some epatah (spelling) or something else that will make him throw up/crap his brains out. Sit back and enjoy the show he is going to put on the for office.

Or jerk off and cum in the mayo.

antlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
This is a prime example of unlawful discrimination and is not tolerated in the US! He pretty much used a postion to take advantage of you for personnel gain which is total BS! Take it up the chain and dont say one word to the parties involved so you don't dig a hole for yourself. Let your voice carry my friend. You are a better man then me I would of knocked him down then told him to go get a coffee.
By "take it up the chain" do u mean go to my boss? or if i get layed off find a lawyer? either way it sounds possible. Afterall ive been dying to find a job in my feild for the last couple of months, and now that ive found one ive been ****ed because i didnt walk 40yrds for someones BLT.

Oh and about knocking this guy down... Like i referenced in the original post, if this were arround this time last year i would have. Since my incident at Sloane Toyota i was let go on lesser charges but forced to go to anger management class. I can probably guess that if i was to do it again I would be facing much serious charges and probably never able to get a job in a workplace lol.

(In Borat voice)\/
1 fight with a coworker = not so bad
2 fights on record with a coworker= Very bad. I would never again get job in the US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
dude you should have gotten him the BLT

and spit all over that **** on your way back
lol yeah that woulda been funny but its not like i would be out of site of my store/work in the whole travel back and forth from the food place. Yes its super close, yet he couldnt do it himself.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlip View Post
Get him that hoagie he wants tomorrow and fill it with some epatah (spelling) or something else that will make him throw up/crap his brains out. Sit back and enjoy the show he is going to put on the for office.

i think the stuff your talking about is syrup of epicac, but im not trying to get back at this guy yet. I want to keep my job, and hopefully this kid gets fired/layed off instead if not then let me work in a different area. If all this fails then ill be looking for some sort of humor benefit with or without the job.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlip View Post

ipecac syrup

and yes, jesus christ yes, do this lmao

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #13
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Lets just say everyone has a boss, just go one above and if that don't work go to the next and file a complaint with the company or go to the BBB or the media. It all depends how far you want to take it. You are pretty much untouchable right now if you play your cards right!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #14
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Lets just say everyone has a boss, just go one above and if that don't work go to the next and file a complaint with the company or go to the BBB or the media. It all depends how far you want to take it. You are pretty much untouchable right now if you play your cards right!
Well our boss is the owner also so i guess hes the only step i can take. Pm me with an idea of what i can do is i get laid off tomarrow because of this because i have a feeling thats whats going to happen. BTW the business is an LLC.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #15
dougiefresheq
Tri-State Addict

Member #1602

My Ride:
88 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltGrl View Post
dont piss off those with seniority in the work place, they can make your work life a living hell.
yeah you should of known your role and bought the blt
Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #16
90Laser
Tri-State Addict

Member #2279

My Ride:
1997 Subaru Legacy GT (Wagon)

Send a message via AIM to 90Laser
You've only been there a month you have a 90 day grace period. Even if you did get fired(unlikely) you couldn't really do anything about it because they don't have to give just cause.
90Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #17
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Laser View Post
You've only been there a month you have a 90 day grace period. Even if you did get fired(unlikely) you couldn't really do anything about it because they don't have to give just cause.
how bout when they pay u under the table but have work orders proving you worked there? They would have no way of proving i wasnt there longer then 90 days. Plus being that im payed under the table like most of the people there dont i kinda have the guy by the balls if i was to do something about it? because it is illegal right? tax avation of some sort.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
1gmfanatik
Tri-State Addict

Member #4040

My Ride:
07 Saab 9-3 Aero

Hey man, DO NOT FEEL GUILTY about this ****. That punk, no matter how long he's been there, has no right to tell you to get him a BLT like you were hired as his servant. Especially considering he made deragotory comments torwards you. If he had asked you to pick something up for him while you were out or something to that extent, then it would be a different story, but he acted like a dick.

As far as being fired goes..Go to work in the morning and ask your supervisor if you could speak with him in private. Explain what had happened, and tell him that you are not trying to get anyone in trouble, but you wanted him to hear your side of the story. Just be straight with him. If he fires you still, then you're better off. You don't need that ****, and they can get into ALOT of trouble for that. It's unprofessional on MANY levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by ME:
Quote:
Your car's potential is only limited by your imagination, and the size of your wallet.
1gmfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 AM   #19
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresheq View Post
yeah you should of known your role and bought the blt
Yeah I bet you would of! Take some pride and spare us your useless post. GU if you want some tips I'll give them too you just PM ME if any problems arise. I have a great friend in who specializes in Equal Opportunity

Edit: And to the Asshats telling him grace period **** doesn't matter, this is totally wrong and shouldn't be taken lightly!

Last edited by redline; 03-30-2007 at 01:14 AM.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #20
1gmfanatik
Tri-State Addict

Member #4040

My Ride:
07 Saab 9-3 Aero

^^Listen to this guy. I can see from two words that he will know what's up. Equal Opportunity...Me being military, I see and hear about this ALOT.

Quote: Originally Posted by ME:
Quote:
Your car's potential is only limited by your imagination, and the size of your wallet.
1gmfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote