TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Racing
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #41
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
Yo what is the ladder? By the way i want to race some big dogs just to see how bad i get beat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #42
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
ladder is like the ranking of fastest car to slowest that all hangs out there. Well not the ones who hang out and own cars but the ones who actually race.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #43
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05bullet
By the way i want to race some big dogs just to see how bad i get beat
silver05evo- fuzion auto is itching for a race- run him. big dogs in my book are the guys that trailer their cars down there, and i'll let you go pick races with them yourself if you want. i personally have nothing to do with any of them- i just watch those runs when im around.

as i said, all are welcome (well the requirement is your car has to run at LEAST 13.5 to even show up, and be in the 12's to waste anybody's time). you'll get a ton of runs if you are somewhere in the 12's- good/close runs also. 11's are good too, but traction becomes an issue/excuse in some cases, you'll probably get just as many runs but more excuses if you win...

the reason you cannot race unless your car is "quick" (i think 12's are quick) is an attempt to weed out the slower cars and ricers who cause accidents, drive recklessly, and get caught racing/ruin spots/ steal cars/ fight etc.... usually the owners of the quicker cars tend to have some sort of respect fwiw. if you want to race your 13 or 14 second car go get gas at hess. i say 13.5 to show up so people don't bring thier mom's ford taurus down to watch and clutter up the lanes/draw attention to us, eventually leading to some sort of trouble. if your friend has a fast car and you have a volkswagen then ride with your bro, don't feel the need to bring your "show car" because nobody cares about it and it is a waste of gas for you.

with that said, can't wait till it gets warm either.

wil- when you show up with the car actually running (and ready to race) im sure whoever you call out will happily line up with you. i don't want to hear the ever so popular "it needs to be tuned" or "let me come back with racegas" or "it isn't running right" excuses either, get that **** sorted out before you call anybody (black toyota) out and it'll happen that night im sure.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #44
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i don't want to hear the ever so popular "it needs to be tuned" or "let me come back with racegas" or "it isn't running right" excuses either, get that **** sorted out before you call anybody (black toyota) out and it'll happen that night im sure.
Haha. You must have me corn-fused with someone else. The last time I raced the Supra he was the one giving me the ricer-excuses. Of course we all know he is going to deny it just like he is going to deny his 1 loss. And you know I've got nothing to prove and will happily admit to losing to him quite a few times. Just kills me I didn't get that 1 win on video.

And just so we clear up all the other bogus things that gets thrown around my car never broke when I ran him. The first time we ever ran the car already had a blown headgasket. And the second blown headgasket was due to the Tial coming apart heading to the DSM dyno day.

Btw, my car has only ever been tuned by myself on a VPC. I race untuned all the time. That is normal for me and the car so why would I use that as an excuse, lol.

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 03-01-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #45
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
Yeah ok im going to race a 9 second supra, or a stroked evo come on now my car is barely modified be lucky if i hit 12's with my ****ty driving

I think the dsm is a beast 2.4L its got to be, if you dont have it tuned u might be loosing out on some speed bro

Last edited by silver05bullet; 03-01-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #46
y3llo_GTO_burnout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1480

2point4 do you want someone to draw you a Candyland_Chutes_and_Ladders.jpg diagram on PaintShop? Drive your jalope out to the streets and find out. Last two times you asked this question and tried to grab a rung, you slid down a bottomless mine shaft and the result was your avatar’s image. The good thing is, like most Eagles fans, you should be used to disappointment by now.

G1GSX bring that car out for some runs. You can always hit it with some Jewish lightning when you’re done and solve any finance problems. Bizee will gladly assist.

bad360rt get that truck back out on the road again! I usually can only look at so many Camarostangs in one evening before I leave in disgust. So it’s refreshing to see something unique, and that hauls ass + lumber. Plus, a lot of these guys will need a tow home after you put a beating on them.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #47
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05bullet
Yeah ok im going to race a 9 second supra
None of the regular supras that show up run even close to 9s... or tens.

Come out and see for your self.

Don't pay too much attention to all the **** talking on the forum. That is just all part of the fun and games.

LOL.

Btw, clean out your inbox.

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 03-01-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #48
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Ill be done once I get tuned to race sleeperstyle, hopefully I'll be ranked after that race...

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #49
300zTT
Tri-State Addict

Member #1087

My Ride:
300zx tt,

Send a message via AIM to 300zTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid
Ill be done once I get tuned to race sleeperstyle, hopefully I'll be ranked after that race...
u just said u were selling ur ****... u lieing sack of sugar!!!
small tatas is where its at yo!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #50
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
i don't want to hear the ever so popular "it needs to be tuned" or "let me come back with racegas" or "it isn't running right" excuses either.
And I've never run you guys with anything but pump gas. In fact, the car hasn't seen race gas in over 4 years. I've got a catalytic converter to prove it! In fact, you can ask Jorgie and Bill cause they were there as I filled up on 12 gallons of Sunoco 94 right before I beat that black Supra the one and only time.

Btw, if I ever used an excuse it is most definitely the same ones you use too.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #51
slowevo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1369

hmmm

Sorry for the dumb guestion but were and when does all this go down? I want to be there.

"Why do they call a bike a Motorcycle, Its not electric?"
Old 03-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #52
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

We race at the track but these guys are from the NE Philly area near the Franklin Mills Mall every Thursday and Sunday night... weather permitting.

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 03-01-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #53
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Well said nick. Hopefully people actually follow what you said. I have a feeling there will be a lot of new comers this year.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #54
y3llo_GTO_burnout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1480

2point4 bring your full racecar out tomorrow and I’ll get you started with some high 12 sec cars. We’ll score your performance [points will be deducted for coating the track with coolant ….again] and if the headgasket/IC pipes/clutch/drivetrain and [more importantly] your fragile nerves hold, you can come back again the following week. If you fail, you can always tryout for the intramural team on the jr varsity Hess circuit.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #55
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

Quote:
see beginning of thread. you have to work your way up first. or maybe get a timeslip first...

and beating me only gets you to about 1/2 way up the ladder so don't get too exicted when it is a close race- which wouldn't surprise me if it was. i call it like it is, and believe it or not there are some serious cars (like underpressure02's team is rumored to be- although none of which will post a timeslip) down there so don't get discouraged when a turbo maxima beats up on the "fast" subarus. grocery getter powah baby! remember, turbo is the replacement for displacement and you guys send v8's home counting their cylinders!

i'll see nobody when it gets warmer out, they will be busy getting "tuned" and making excuses why their 400whp car only ran in the 12's. is it going to be the driver's fault or the car's fault- or is it because the track is TOO sticky. you tell me. ah well, if it were a dyno race some people would be doing very well- to bad it isn't however.

subaruwrxkid-, no beef intended buddy. if you want to chat why not approach me instead of lurking behind and plotting which hand you are going to throw first (yeah- i saw you bud. wondered why you didn't come up to talk to me at the last meet). i don't bite, and am actually a pleasant person to talk to in person. i show respect if you do the same. don't be such a stranger next time, i'm always looking for new compadres. . look forward to chatting with you next time, this internet **** is too impersonal.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #56
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
see beginning of thread. you have to work your way up first. or maybe get a timeslip first...

and beating me only gets you to about 1/2 way up the ladder so don't get too exicted when it is a close race- which wouldn't surprise me if it was. i call it like it is, and believe it or not there are some serious cars (like underpressure02's team is rumored to be- although none of which will post a timeslip) down there so don't get discouraged when a turbo maxima beats up on the "fast" subarus. grocery getter powah baby! remember, turbo is the replacement for displacement and you guys send v8's home counting their cylinders!

i'll see nobody when it gets warmer out, they will be busy getting "tuned" and making excuses why their 400whp car only ran in the 12's. is it going to be the driver's fault or the car's fault- or is it because the track is TOO sticky. you tell me. ah well, if it were a dyno race some people would be doing very well- to bad it isn't however.

subaruwrxkid-, no beef intended buddy. if you want to chat why not approach me instead of lurking behind and plotting which hand you are going to throw first (yeah- i saw you bud. wondered why you didn't come up to talk to me at the last meet). i don't bite, and am actually a pleasant person to talk to in person. i show respect if you do the same. don't be such a stranger next time, i'm always looking for new compadres. . look forward to chatting with you next time, this internet **** is too impersonal.
I totally agree with what you are saying. I just want to be able to come down there and be chill, no hostility. I like to race along with my friends with fast evos, 300zx's, wrx's, but I dont like drama thats it. As far as the meet was concerned, I wasn't just chillen there waitin to talk to ya, I mean I would have but I just was by myself and don't really talk to many ppl at the meet. My purpose there was to get my jdm sti interior, reason why I didn't bring friends. Anyways, yea next time I see you at the meet, ill see whats up and we can shoot the **** and see whats good for the NE races, since I myself hate the ones in south philly. I guess we both have the same attitudes about those..

Quote:
Old 03-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #57
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

I just can't believe you guys race down there. Props to you, and stay out of trouble. I'm done driving down to philly (ANYWHERE, even the good private streets). Sleeperstyle, pm me if you ever have a big group up in our neck of the woods.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #58
RealslowSRT4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1370

Hey silver05bullet, you never been up there? We can run if you want, If I'm on that latter I'm some where on the bottom Last LOL... Had some Kids with a civic In work today talkin about being one of the fastest cars in the NE and nobody will run them. But every time I offer to run them They will not run me. But what can you do people talk out there ass.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #59
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

Quote:
I totally agree with what you are saying. ...
cool- check your pm's

itstock- will do, damn weather won't cooperate!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #60
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
cool- check your pm's

itstock- will do, damn weather won't cooperate!
Replied! lol

Quote: