TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
TST is back up! Please read this for important info...

Wanted to copy the email that was sent out to everyone just to talk about some important things in the world of TST recently...

Your username and password will be the same as it was on 1/28 before all of the issues started and before all of the password resets. If you have trouble logging in you can request that your password be reset via email.

Well we’re back…

It’s been an extremely long week, both for the great team working on getting TST back on its feet as well as those of you who have been missing it.
You probably have some questions as to what has been going on and what you can expect from here on out, and we’ll be happy to let you know.

We were experiencing some serious database corruption which we performed some basic repairs on, but it quickly became clear that we needed to dig a lot deeper. Next we tried what we thought was a pretty substantial move to fix the issues, but again it did not do the trick.

Now we have decided to reset everything on the site and set it all back up from scratch, and restore a database from 1/28 which we have high hopes will be a permanent fix to the recent issues. This means that anything that happened on the site between 1/28 and now will not be on the site any longer. Users who registered, posts that were made, PMs, and anything else done in that time frame are all gone. We apologize for that but considering the gravity of the situation I am confident that this was the best move to take with the best interest of the forum and its users in mind. In a few weeks we expect that this will be a thing of the past and not a big deal any longer.

You may notice some features that are missing from the site now. Some of these will be coming back in a short while, and a few won’t. We expect to continue to work on and improve things continually from here on out. If you have any suggestions for things you’d like to see please post them in the feedback section… we always value your input and want to make TST the best it can be for our community of users.

If you come across anything on the site that seems wrong or out of the ordinary, please post a description in the feedback section in detail so that we can look into it. We have spent a lot of time going over things to try to repair the majority of the functionality to get everything back to the way it was, but of course there may be some things you find that we overlooked. Taking the time to let us know about them is a big help.

Thanks for all your patience during this unfortunate downtime. We have been working on the site nonstop for the past week to put this behind us, and hopefully smoother sailing is ahead.

-TST Staff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
To add to this on a slightly more detailed level, you may notice that several links are currently removed from both the navigation toolbar at the top and the homepage of the forum. As stated above, some of these changes are temporary and some are permanent. Every effort is being made to bring back the areas of the forum that you've grown accustomed to here. Please be patient as alternative solutions are explored.

The good:
All major functionality of the site should be the same as before, including avatars, attachments, PM's, profilepics, iTrader stats, etc.

The bad:
There are a small but unfortunate number of members who are currently missing avatars. This mainly applies to several people who had changed their avatars in early February. If your avatar is missing we sincerely apologize and encourage you to re-upload a new one.

Again, to reiterate what was stated above, if you encounter any issues while browsing the forum, please post a detailed and descriptive thread in this section so we can address it.

Welcome back!!

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -

Last edited by WhiteXFire; 02-24-2009 at 04:24 AM.
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Glad to see TST is back up!

I'm still having login problems though...
Big_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #4
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
finally, TST, has come back! to the internet
glad to know im still member #7777

edit:
i just made a for sale thread for my tires and the original setup didnt come up such as name, location, pick up or delivery, price and all that.

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Glad to see TST is back up!

I'm still having login problems though...
What problems are you having?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
finally, TST, has come back! to the internet
glad to know im still member #7777

edit:
i just made a for sale thread for my tires and the original setup didnt come up such as name, location, pick up or delivery, price and all that.
Yeah we'll be adding that back in shortly!

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #6
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

pm coming troll, dont want to clutter thread.
Big_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
4N2NR
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #9968

My Ride:
1986 & 1990 CRX Si

Quote:
Wanted to copy the email that was sent out to everyone just to talk about some important things in the world of TST recently...
I haven't received any email from TST other than a password recovery back on 2 Feb. You may want to verify your emailer is working.
Glad to see the site is back up.

4N2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

did you get lubed up before this happened? cause you got ****ED.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
did you get lubed up before this happened? cause you got ****ED.
Haha.

FINALLY, I have a site to go to when I get bored at work
Old 02-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #10
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

so wait, the sonic meet thread is gone? all the cruise threads are gone? jesus christ.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #11
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
so wait, the sonic meet thread is gone? all the cruise threads are gone? jesus christ.
What the ****!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

First i was thinking someone was gettng in big time trouble for posting pictures in the garbage bin-->naughty girlfriend pictures...ha.

Nice. I was getting lonely with my current life situation without TST... ha
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
SilverStang
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7987

My Ride:
07 chevy cobalt ss s/c

Thanks guys for getting us back up
SilverStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #14
marshallpre1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6445

My Ride:
N/A

Send a message via AIM to marshallpre1
Nice job Bryan....

For a little while there, I wasn't sure which was gonna start running first: supraforums, your Supra, or TST

1994 SC300 5MT- NA-T- PT61/AEM V1- future track car
marshallpre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #15
BustedUjoint
Tri-State Addict

Member #8107

My Ride:
2008 Unlimited Rubicon

Send a message via AIM to BustedUjoint
I would suggest getting a refund.
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes

BustedUjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #16
coleycole
Tri-State Addict

Member #7902

My Ride:
2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster 6m/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedUjoint View Post
I would suggest getting a refund.
hahaha +1
But seriously good work getting the site back up. I've definately missed it over the last week.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
MANLYmiata
Tri-State Addict

Member #9832

My Ride:
ZR1

zomg!

MANLYmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
beatd
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8469

My Ride:
S13 Boosted for fun!

thanks for bringing up TST i was bored out of my mind at work without it!!
beatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Welcome back ****ers.

I was actually very surprised when I opened my favorites...and something showed up

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

This occurs when I try to upload an avatar, in both ways [link & from computer]

|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote