TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
new vendor section set up sucks

just some critisism
RayArroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Send a message via AIM to smoger
i concur

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

.. all car enthusiasts are welcome
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
I think Troll should break it into sections like the old one.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i wish the vendors would have responded to the lengthy PM i sent all of them over a week before making the change. i let everyone know what i was planning to do and was looking for feedback, but didnt get a single response unfortunately.
regardless, this forum setup is much more successful on many other forums... part of the reason this change was made is that a good percentage of the vendors here just want a banner and really arent interested in a regular dialogue with their customers through the forum. they want to be contacted through their site or via phone, but dont have the time ot be on many different forums regularly.
the only difference is that when starting a new post a vendor will just enter their business name into the start of the thread and then it'll be quite easy to find...
although the current form is a bit scattered, i am confident that this will be better in the long run.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

for an example of how thread titles should be written out see the vendor section here because i just changed every thread on the first page... http://tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47
and for future reference, telling me something on the forum sucks is not constructive criticism. i'll do everything i can to keep the vendors happy here, but i ask that you show a little respect or at the very least PM me instead of posting.
bryan
edit: Ray@RevItUp please check your PMs... also waiting to hear back from Car Pretty and CNFX in case you see this here.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 09-08-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

The new layout is what I see in almost every other forum I use. I think it's great.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #7
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
for an example of how thread titles should be written out see the vendor section here because i just changed every thread on the first page... http://tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47
and for future reference, telling me something on the forum sucks is not constructive criticism. i'll do everything i can to keep the vendors happy here, but i ask that you show a little respect or at the very least PM me instead of posting.
bryan
edit: Ray@RevItUp please check your PMs... also waiting to hear back from Car Pretty and CNFX in case you see this here.
dont think i was attacking you this post was to let you know that i did not like the new set up and i was in no shape or form trying to attack you i was trying to give you constructive critisism and at the same time show a bit of humor , but i forgot this is the internet and things are read and taken the wrong way. its just even harder for me now to have read all the threads to make sure that i have answered every question.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #8
cravej
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray@revitup
i was trying to give you constructive critisism and at the same time show a bit of humor
What is constructive about saying it sucks?
Quote:
but i forgot this is the internet and things are read and taken the wrong way.
[homer]They have the internet on computers now. [/homer]
White '08 GTI
White '10 F150
cravej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #9
Shades of Gray
Vendor

Member #294

My Ride:
04 STI/sold, 05 WRX wagon/totaled, 00 S4/sold, 05 STI/current

i dont really like it either...and i wish i didnt miss the pm...i may have over looked it, and in that case...thats my fault.
So theres just no way of deviding up the section at all for those who prefer to have their own section??
Pm'ed you troll btw
thanks
ryan from Car Pretty
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053

Shades of Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

well the feedback i did get beforehand was that vendors wanted one unified vendor section. since i've made the change i've been getting all feedback that vendors would prefer seperate sections. i'm going to wait a little bit more to get everyones input but considering the situation i'm not opposed to splitting them all back up again.
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #11
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
well the feedback i did get beforehand was that vendors wanted one unified vendor section. since i've made the change i've been getting all feedback that vendors would prefer seperate sections. i'm going to wait a little bit more to get everyones input but considering the situation i'm not opposed to splitting them all back up again.
bryan
That's a good idea.

What about sub-forums for each vendor?

Maybe a feedback one, questions, and what's hot in the store? I dunno. Just throwing out some ideas.

I do think the feedback one is good though.

Then again, I'm not a vendor.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #12
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder
That's a good idea.

What about sub-forums for each vendor?

Maybe a feedback one, questions, and what's hot in the store? I dunno. Just throwing out some ideas.

I do think the feedback one is good though.

Then again, I'm not a vendor.
This would cause the forum main page to be HUGE and we don't really wanna have a huge front page cause people are lazy and don't wanna go scrolling forever just to find a certain vendor. So I don't think this would be a good idea for that reason.

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #13
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBulletRL
This would cause the forum main page to be HUGE and we don't really wanna have a huge front page cause people are lazy and don't wanna go scrolling forever just to find a certain vendor. So I don't think this would be a good idea for that reason.
you drive a saturn
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #14
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
Quote:
you drive a saturn
Yes I do and I'm proud of it! Where my parts?

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBulletRL
No no, not on the main page.

Subforums are located inside that forum, so it would only be listed if you go into that vendors specific forum.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #16
On Sale
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder
No no, not on the main page.

Subforums are located inside that forum, so it would only be listed if you go into that vendors specific forum.
thats what i tried to say, When you click on the Vendor Forums, have a list of forums inside that forum, a list of "sub-forum's" if you will. Then click on the Vendor of choice, and bam. They have their own forum, and the front page stays the same size. Its kinda like a folder in windows. haha.
On Sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #17
Shades of Gray
Vendor

Member #294

My Ride:
04 STI/sold, 05 WRX wagon/totaled, 00 S4/sold, 05 STI/current

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Sale
thats what i tried to say, When you click on the Vendor Forums, have a list of forums inside that forum, a list of "sub-forum's" if you will. Then click on the Vendor of choice, and bam. They have their own forum, and the front page stays the same size. Its kinda like a folder in windows. haha.
yea i still hate this set up...still hasnt changed
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053

Shades of Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #18
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Sale
Someone's got a good idea.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #19
KGParts
Tri-State Addict

Member #930

Send a message via AIM to KGParts
to expand on that... usualy the vendor also becoms a mod of ONLY that section to delete threads and unwanted posts in "their" own sections.
KGParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 AM   #20
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

thats something i'm looking into
bryan

|

Quote:

|