TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

Almost official NEW QUAKERTOWN SONIC MEET!

Fellow TST'ers I bring good news. I spoke to the manager at the Quakertown Sonic about having a meet there tonight. I was told that the General Manager had been talking about wanting car clubs/meets at the Sonic. I gave the manager on duty all of my contact information along with the web address to this website so that he could check us out. I should be getting a call back with the official word.

Directly from the ladys mouth are as follows.

1. NO burnouts/revving/stupid behavior.
2. NO trash is to be left in the parking lots.
3. All parking to be in the lower lot so other SONIC customers can move about freely.
4. We eat/be customers at SONIC.

What we need to do is decide on an official night in which this takes place each week. Thursdays like the ROSS meet or a different night?

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
2001teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
daewoo
Tri-State Addict

Member #13542

My Ride:
gsr civic and goped sport

Send a message via AIM to daewoo
or either monday night, its up in the air right now and want to see whats best for everyone else
daewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

common guys. Nobody is in for this?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
BlackSenTra05
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13395

My Ride:
2005 Nissan Sentra

Def interested in sonic meet in qtown... Monday - Wednesday nights are good for me
BlackSenTra05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
quattroguy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3153

My Ride:
90 turbo quattro, 93 MR2 turbo, 77 GMC motorhome

Monday best for me, but doesn't matter too much.
Lets get this started.
quattroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
Kevin03WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #27

My Ride:
2003 MBP WRX & 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE OBP

Send a message via AIM to Kevin03WRX
Is that Lower lot even Sonic's?? I think its owned by the Lehigh Valley Health Network place right there??

Im all for it if Sonics cool but lets make sure its even on their property first.

and I'd say Monday as well so we can still have the Wendesday Qtown meets were re-starting this week.
Kevin03WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
Showoff03LS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7305

My Ride:
03 cavalier,68 fairlane 500

Send a message via AIM to Showoff03LS
im down for this, monday seems like a cool idea
I Gotz More Watts Then You Got HorsePower
RIP Bill Levengood- youll be missed by everyone
Showoff03LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
daewoo
Tri-State Addict

Member #13542

My Ride:
gsr civic and goped sport

Send a message via AIM to daewoo
The manager told us to park in the lower lot
daewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
celi_wabbit
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7013

My Ride:
1991 Celica Alltrac / 1993 MR2 na / 94 Celica SS III

Q-Town meet

So, what's going on this Wednesday then? There was another post for Q-town meet for a Wednesday night starting the 9th, is this going to be the same or a different meet or is it going to be twice a week thing?

Link to the other post...
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98651
celi_wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

I dont know anything about the other one. I just figured I would find a legal place for everyone who used to come to the Ross meet. This seemed like a good alternative.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
The Wednesday night meet is a meet that was held a couple years back and worked quite well for small crowds. It is starting this week at the Qtown park off of Mill Street.

I'd be down with coming out to Sonic every once in a while. But to be honest, good luck keeping trash from being left on the ground and from people driving like idiots. I think Sonic needs to be left alone and that people in the area need to find a LEGAL... NON TRAFFIC'd area... public businesses with public/pedestrian traffic, at a fast food style place none-the-less... is nothing but trouble no matter what and it puts a bad name to the site eventually if you give the MANAGER of the store the info and associate the site with a group of people. If **** goes bad, even when the people aren't from TST, the manager automatically puts TST on the **** list and local businesses talk. Then when you go into somewhere else to ask, they say no because they heard we cause trouble. As soon as they see your type of car, the stereotype is set and from then on, even if the people causing trouble don't even know what TST is... the stereotype is enforced and TST gets bit in the ass anyway.

I'm not trying to say don't do it, and I'm not trying to be negative in a bad way. But you have to think about this stuff. If you're going to put YOUR name with the manager, I hope you plan on attending almost every week and keeping it in order. Because if you're not there and **** goes down, it's gonna look bad on you, and TST . I'd rather have seen you tell her that you and your friends from the area want to meet up... not the whole website, because the info is useless to them.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #12
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
The Wednesday night meet is a meet that was held a couple years back and worked quite well for small crowds. It is starting this week at the Qtown park off of Mill Street.

I'd be down with coming out to Sonic every once in a while. But to be honest, good luck keeping trash from being left on the ground and from people driving like idiots. I think Sonic needs to be left alone and that people in the area need to find a LEGAL... NON TRAFFIC'd area... public businesses with public/pedestrian traffic, at a fast food style place none-the-less... is nothing but trouble no matter what and it puts a bad name to the site eventually if you give the MANAGER of the store the info and associate the site with a group of people. If **** goes bad, even when the people aren't from TST, the manager automatically puts TST on the **** list and local businesses talk. Then when you go into somewhere else to ask, they say no because they heard we cause trouble. As soon as they see your type of car, the stereotype is set and from then on, even if the people causing trouble don't even know what TST is... the stereotype is enforced and TST gets bit in the ass anyway.

I'm not trying to say don't do it, and I'm not trying to be negative in a bad way. But you have to think about this stuff. If you're going to put YOUR name with the manager, I hope you plan on attending almost every week and keeping it in order. Because if you're not there and **** goes down, it's gonna look bad on you, and TST . I'd rather have seen you tell her that you and your friends from the area want to meet up... not the whole website, because the info is useless to them.

The other thing about doing it in a super public area is having douchebags see us and think "My body kitted Civic or Stock V6 Mustang" is good enough to show up here and then the tools flow in. I personally loved the old Quakertown meet and I miss a few people that I haven't seen much since then. I'm man crushin Kev no homo.

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
Kevin03WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #27

My Ride:
2003 MBP WRX & 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE OBP

Send a message via AIM to Kevin03WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse GSX 61 View Post
I'm man crushin Kev no homo.

Damn son...why you gotta get all gay on me?

But anyways I agree with Pancoast above....I'm all for another meet I just dont want to see it go south in a hurry.

If Sonic is telling you to "park in the lower lot" she may be telling you oh ok use the lower lot which i dont think is theirs, but rather the health centers parking that is there. If your in that lot your not Sonic's problem....your the health centers...just thinking outside the box here....
Kevin03WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
I believe the "lower lot" that the manager is talking about is the extra Sonic parking spots allotted to Sonic ( outside the awnings ). Not the spots directly in front of the health center.......I could be wrong

Sonic is already getting revved on by passers by and burnouts are happening just because its Sonic and people are standing around while Joe Burnout is driving by.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

Joe burnout hah that gave me a good laugh. Well they said they enjoy having moddes cars come so well see. Nothing is deffinate yet, so well see what the GM has to day.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #16
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

I'd definately swing out to this. There's a long running Wednesday night meet at the Cedar Crest Blvd Applebees on Wednesdays though. A Friday or Saturday night meet would be awesome......................
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
Schepis
Tri-State Addict

Member #7218

My Ride:
'90 300ZX Twin Turbo

Send a message via AIM to Schepis
Good luck running a high traffic area for a meet. There are far too many people that try to ruin it by showing off, burning out, and leaving trash everywhere. Not only that, but local PD won't put up with it after it's first complaint. Good luck, but if you try to make it Wednesday, I'll kick your teeth in.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #18
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

I headed up that way with my tuner a few weeks back to tune a local camaro an in the 45 min we were there we had a kid do a burn out in front of us an maybe 3 or 4 mustangs slow down to throw a quick rev it was interesting to say that least. Its cool if it works out but that lot seemed way to small an trouble seems to brew with out a meet there.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote