TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

moved to LA, just got 2 tickets, now what?

i moved to LA last week and within that time frame have magically been pulled over twice. NOT DENYING FAULT.....just wondering what happens? i have a Pa license and i went to the FAQ and info section of this ask the law section and found this....

".....Although reported to PennDOT, minor traffic offenses such as speeding, red light, stop sign, etc., will (NOT) appear on your driving record, unless you are a CDL holder. Points will not be assessed to your PA driving record when convicted of a point related offense in a DLC member state..."

both tickets were minor, speeding, 56 in a 40 and then 68 in a 50. so from what i read these points will not go onto my pa record...

BUT. i need a CA license and need to change my insurance address to CA as well......

i know the first ticket goes away if i do traffic school and all is forgiven but since i got a second ticket, that ones going on my ca record....

my question is will that ticket go on the ca license once i get the license? or is it filed onto my pa record?
i dont know how this works, i dont get pulled over often........
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Im sorry but I can't say for sure how the CA. law works I believe that since the summons were issued to you PA license it will not affect getting one in CA. If all Left costers online have an answer for this let me know!