TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
88TSI_Rob
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #547

2007 Duryea Hillclimb pictures

Here are some shots I took from the hillclimb today in Reading. All my pictures and larger versions of these are available on my Flickr page

88TSI_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
foss
Tri-State Addict

Member #3889

My Ride:
Another gay MK3.

Send a message via AIM to foss
Sweet cars, a ton of variety.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
tort9320g
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #513

Great pics. ! We just got back from the event. We were at turns 9 and 10. Good time.

Dave
Old 08-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Wow.. where is this? I want to do it!
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
it looked like a blast, especially if you have a little ass car like those mini coopers
Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
Danronian
Tri-State Addict

Member #1826

My Ride:
1995 Honda Civic Vx, 1975 Malibu

Looks like it would be fun to watch, and race in.
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Wow.. where is this? I want to do it!
its up in reading, its heald on a public road that leads up to the pagoda restaurant...you can even go up there and drive it if you want just for ****s and giggles. You can probably just do a search for the pagoda in reading and it'll give you an address and directions. I drove on it once before, it is awesome
Old 08-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

blame it on my torqeless wonder but i dont see the fun in racing up a hill if ur not sideways and 8 inches behind the next car thats also sideways...

i went to the shorter version about 1 month ago, maybe its just me but it wasnt fun. im a pretty decent fan of most forms of motorsport but seein vintage cars i cant identify/never heard of that are UNMUFFLED rip up a hill doesnt do it for me. the sound alone keeps me from likin it, most of the cars sound like total ****. last time i was there there was some old ass saab that was actuallly a 2 stroke, i didnt believe it at first but it really was, yep all 12 gallons of 2 stroke fuel came pourin out once he nailed the gas, o yeah and it had 61 hp. how fun.

granted there are always a few interesting/nice cars but ive been to 3 hillclimbs all at pagoda and each time makes me like it less. the cars are loud as hell and dump raw fuel out the exhaust for me to breathe in and unless i overdosed on advil the morning of, i always leave with a mind crushing migrane.

i dont kno what it is but hillclimbs bore me, u can only see the cars go one turn and they disappoear bc spectating sucks when its up a hill bc theres trees everywhere so theres no one spot for great viewin. i passed on the hillclimb and went to the philly autox instead and had fun, just wished some of our tst fellas were there to take pics......BRIAN, cough cough, sell out.

btw that white z33 raced at pocono raceway with me, it was a serious car, howd he do?
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
wow that was a novel and a half. having to choose between an autox and a hillclimb to spectate, the clear winner is the hillclimb to me... lots more action and a real road to race on instead of cone dodging.
i just got in, it was a great time, lots of photos are on the way, but right now its naptime.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Is it ture that the cars have to be caged to do this? I actually think it looks like alot of fun. Possibly because I double franks torque and that it looks like fun.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
yeah caged and you need a solo license which isnt too easy to get. it does look like a lot of fun though, well unless you're one of the guys that went off the road today.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
SoStock92
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1721

My Ride:
92 BMW 525, 95 BMW 525, 87 BMW 325, 95 BMW 530

Send a message via AIM to SoStock92
that 2002 > *
SoStock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPSTNS View Post
blame it on my torqeless wonder but i dont see the fun in racing up a hill if ur not sideways and 8 inches behind the next car thats also sideways...

i went to the shorter version about 1 month ago, maybe its just me but it wasnt fun. im a pretty decent fan of most forms of motorsport but seein vintage cars i cant identify/never heard of that are UNMUFFLED rip up a hill doesnt do it for me. the sound alone keeps me from likin it, most of the cars sound like total ****. last time i was there there was some old ass saab that was actuallly a 2 stroke, i didnt believe it at first but it really was, yep all 12 gallons of 2 stroke fuel came pourin out once he nailed the gas, o yeah and it had 61 hp. how fun.

granted there are always a few interesting/nice cars but ive been to 3 hillclimbs all at pagoda and each time makes me like it less. the cars are loud as hell and dump raw fuel out the exhaust for me to breathe in and unless i overdosed on advil the morning of, i always leave with a mind crushing migrane.

i dont kno what it is but hillclimbs bore me, u can only see the cars go one turn and they disappoear bc spectating sucks when its up a hill bc theres trees everywhere so theres no one spot for great viewin. i passed on the hillclimb and went to the philly autox instead and had fun, just wished some of our tst fellas were there to take pics......BRIAN, cough cough, sell out.

btw that white z33 raced at pocono raceway with me, it was a serious car, howd he do?
Once again.. we get a taste of NOPSTNS' dull/pointless opinion.

I bet if you did that in an sti/evo or one of those smaller cars, you'd have a blast.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #14
BradC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1083

My Ride:
Boosted NA/2000 SAAB 9-5

Send a message via AIM to BradC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStock92 View Post
that 2002 > *
Agreed completely, I love it!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #15
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Once again.. we get a taste of NOPSTNS' dull/pointless opinion.

I bet if you did that in an sti/evo or one of those smaller cars, you'd have a blast.
ouch baby,

very ouch.

i based my opinions on 159 lb feet of torque. like i said in the beginning...."blame it on the torqueless wonder..."

i agree with u that in an sti/evo itd be fun.....which is what i was tryin to say.....

so....whatever

Last edited by NOPSTNS; 08-19-2007 at 10:08 PM.
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
InfiniteMotors
Tri-State Addict

Member #1410

My Ride:
Cummins Beast and Sports Car of the Year

We were there today for a while before getting personally rained out. This is usually a really fun event but this year the weather just wasn't having it for sunday. Oh well
InfiniteMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #17
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPSTNS View Post
ouch baby,

very ouch.

i based my opinions on 159 lb feet of torque. like i said in the beginning...."blame it on the torqueless wonder..."

i agree with u that in an sti/evo itd be fun.....which is what i was tryin to say.....

so....whatever
Right.. just no need to rag on the type of racing, or the cars in it if it is indeed your car that is inhibiting you from enjoying it. Not ragging your car or anything.. I like your car.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #18
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Send a message via AIM to Jlb725
I used to think that hill-climbing would be boring...but in reality it is a great time with great people. It doesn't really matter how much Tq you have, it is more about momentum and your knowledge of the course.
- Jim

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Jlb725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Jake i didn't know you were there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #20
77F-150
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #280

My Ride:
1977 F-150: 1995 Civic CX: 1985 Nighthawk CB700SC

how did the cars do after the rain started? any more crack ups?
77F-150 is offline   Reply With Quote