TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #21
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Haha. I don't mind the diversion. It's fair to say the Mustang interior isn't quite GTI nice
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #22
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Haha, any time dude. Come to an autocross and I'll actually be able to open it up... Way too fast to rev it out on the street. I don't know how people own cars faster than this and drive them exclusively on the street. Revving out 2nd is a trip to jail on anything but a highway, lol
I feel your pain, my second gear ends at 98mph lol.

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #23
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Says the guy that called my car ugly

Back to the GT350...
Car is beautiful, sounds beautiful, but generally mustangs have dookie interiors. Up until this new gen
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #24
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

https://youtu.be/BTAyr9XWrYE

Cool video that Ford Performance just put out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #25
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

^^ Neat video!

I finished 3rd overall and first in class (by 7+ seconds...) I don't feel like I drove particularly well, but whatever.

My fastest clean run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79unZrOvyEg

My fastest run with a cone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_SSo2s0lI
Old 07-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #26
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Second gear the whole time lol, what does the gearing mph wise look like?

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #27
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
Second gear the whole time lol, what does the gearing mph wise look like?
2nd gear is normal for autocross, FWIW

First gear is 51-ish, 2nd is 75-ish. Nothing like your car, thankfully
Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #28
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
2nd gear is normal for autocross, FWIW

First gear is 51-ish, 2nd is 75-ish. Nothing like your car, thankfully
What?? No 3rd gear glory with the TR6060??

/
/
/
/
/
Old 07-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #29
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
What?? No 3rd gear glory with the TR6060??
I've topped out third gear twice... Bloody hell. If I ever do that at autocross I will likely poo my pants.

Also, it's a modded TR3160 It has a mechanical pump for the trans cooler built in. Oddly, it uses ATF fluid which is very thin compared to normal gear oil. It likely only works due to the ATF having great protection due to the additive package to protect the clutches in an automatic trans.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #30
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
I've topped out third gear twice... Bloody hell. If I ever do that at autocross I will likely poo my pants.

Also, it's a modded TR3160 It has a mechanical pump for the trans cooler built in. Oddly, it uses ATF fluid which is very thin compared to normal gear oil. It likely only works due to the ATF having great protection due to the additive package to protect the clutches in an automatic trans.
Know what your gear ratios are? I spent a lot of time in 3rd gear at the last DC region autocross at FedEx. It may have just been the course layout and how much room we had.

Sounds expensive.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 07-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #31
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Gear Ratios
1st 3.253:1
2nd 2.233:1
3rd 1.611:1
4th 1.243:1
5th 1.00:1
6th 0.629:1
Final drive 3.73:1
Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #32
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Gear Ratios
1st 3.253:1
2nd 2.233:1
3rd 1.611:1
4th 1.243:1
5th 1.00:1
6th 0.629:1
Camaro SS:

1st 2.66:1
2nd 1.78:1
3rd 1.3:1
4th 1.0:1
5th 0.74:1
6th 0.5:1

I wonder why you're not in 3rd!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #33
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Here's a thrust chart of the cars in the same autocross class as the GT350 (approximate G-force in each gear, I say approximate because of the limits of grip and I didn't add driver weight)

I have never been over 75 mph on an autocross ever, though I have been AT 75 MPH in the RS at autocross I never went over I'd expect to need 3rd gear in the GT350 at that event and nowhere else.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #34
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Showing off the widebody, walking out to this view every day from work is awesome

Thanks Doug & whoever you are for the lovely engine!

Rocking the number magnets from the RS for now, but they match my dad's Fiesta ST pretty well!

Beautiful Cobra replica in paddock, unfortunately he was just spectating.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #35
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Got some action pics

Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #36
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Man, look at all that body roll...you should get some of these to help your stance:

https://bcracingcoilovers.com/produc...-and-v6-models

your handles will be mad tight then.

/S

Hey, where did you get your autocross number magnets from?

/
/
/
/
/
Old 07-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #37
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

lolol yeah OK Too bad those don't even fit my car

I bought my numbers (the ones in those pics) from SSC Tint & Graphics: http://www.ssc-tint.com/

I ordered some cheapo numbers online to sort of match the car (just plain blue) but I really want SSC to make me another set in blue w/ black outline for the Mustang... I should cough up the money.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #38
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
lolol yeah OK Too bad those don't even fit my car

I bought my numbers (the ones in those pics) from SSC Tint & Graphics: http://www.ssc-tint.com/

I ordered some cheapo numbers online to sort of match the car (just plain blue) but I really want SSC to make me another set in blue w/ black outline for the Mustang... I should cough up the money.
Thank you!

Yeah, get that done and it'll match the center stripes right?

Hope you can make the August 13th autocross, just registered for it.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 07-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #39
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Yep, trying to match the center stripes!

I'm going to hold off registering for a few days at least. I'm trying to not miss too many Philly events this year and the 13th has a Philly event (at a tiny lot and I don't mind missing it...) but my concern is that I miss the event the following weekend too due to work.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #40
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Yep, trying to match the center stripes!

I'm going to hold off registering for a few days at least. I'm trying to not miss too many Philly events this year and the 13th has a Philly event (at a tiny lot and I don't mind missing it...) but my concern is that I miss the event the following weekend too due to work.
That's going to look GOOD.

I wish the 2018 Mustang had gone with the GT350 front end, 470hp, magride, quad exhaust...woulda been much nicer than the catfish.

Thankfully they didn't touch the GT350 front end.

That makes total sense if you can't swing it. It's not like DC is right next door anyway. I'll be in CAM this time around, probably getting my butt handed to me.

/
/
/
/
/