TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
arkadyzv
Tri-State Addict

Member #1528

My Ride:
12 STI, 90 ls1 rx7

05 RS being weird.....

The scooby is following the rx7 and starting to do stupid ****. It is still under warrantee and I made an appointment for service on Monday but if I can fix it myself then I'd rather do that.

One there seems to be a mechanical sort of clicking/whirring noise coming from the trans, its not exactly too loud and it doesent sound like metal on metal contact. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the Kartboy ST. Then theres also another noise , I honestly dont even know how to describe it, but it happens from what I can tell in the first 2 gears , regardless of clutch in or out.

Two , and it just started doing this, it seems like the car is engine braking all the time. What I mean is that sensation when you downshift and left the car drive itself down the hill keeping the speed down. It seems to be doing that all the time , not to the point where it seems sluggish but it seems to bring the rmps down faster than it should. Almost to the point where it seems I have to shift faster then I did before and give it more gas than prior.

The car just hit 30k, I've been pretty good with oil changes every 3k. But I guess its time for maybe new plugs and maybe new fluid in the trans?

Maybe someone local wouldent mind taking it for a spin and comparing. I live in Elkins Park/ Abington but work in northeast Philly and Bensalem.

One last thing, when I take it in for service should I bother taking off my springs and the kartboy. From what I've heard read they are pretty gay about tranny stuff and warrantees so like if its lowered they wont say oh you bottom out of the trans or the short throw ****ed up the synchros, blah blah blah.

Oh and the car is my dd, its slow as balls and I dont beat on it.

Thanks,

Ark
Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
take the shifter out if you are going for a tranny problem. They will just give you problems for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

springs shouldn't matter - swapping the shifter isn't that hard. Just swap back the SS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote