TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #724

Info about Eastern Motor Racing Association racing events...

i was asked to list/say some things about EMRA aka eastern motor racing association...
emra was formed in the 60's by folks who wanted to get away from the "stuffiness" of the scca....it has always run under the motto "racing as it is meant to be" we run races and time trials at tracks throughout the northeast...in the time trials any safe car can run (converts do need a roll bar though)........no special equipment is required...........on our site we have a checklist or pm me for tips if you would like to attend.......
for the trials you need to buy a yearly license for $20..as a rule at most tracks the entry is $160, but slightly higher at lime rock and the glen (they keep hiking rental prices..we are a non profit org)
what do you get? well at least one if not 2 classroom sessions and a private instructor if you want (yes i am one of them, also instruct for several other groups). you get 3 1/2 hour track practice sessions then we give you 3 flying laps while being timed.
whatta ya win? hopefully a neat 2 dollar throphy, new friends and the time of your life. these are simply the nicest folks you will ever meet... they took me under their wing in 1970, a skinny 19 year old who had this itch to race...still love em today

2005 schedule (yes i know some dates are over)

time trials
4/16 summit point
5/8 pocono south
6/5 beaverun
6/30 pocono north
8/9 pocono east
9/11 pocono north
9/23 lime rock
10/23 watkins glen

sprint races
4/17 summit point
5/7 pocono south
6/4-5 beaverun
7/16-17 shannonville
8/20 pocono long course
9/10 pocono north
9/24 lime rock
10/21-22 watkins glen
11/19-20 summit point

enduros
6/4 one hour beaverun
8/20 one hour pocono long course
9/10 two hour pocono north
9/24 one hour lime rock
10/22 three hour watkins glen
11/19 four hour day into night enduro summit point

come out and hang or better yet take part...and blatent plug for my team..we are always looking for help in our enduro series..no training needed....ruppert racing...our only sponsor is my mastercard
Old 08-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
ok i reformatted that stuff a bit so its easier to read. get what i mean? thanks for posting this stuff... i'd love to get to one of these before the end of the season... its expensive but if i can put the money together i'm sure it will be worth it.
bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote