TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #341
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
I had no idea, I don't use or have a FB. I'm edgy like that. Lol.
Same here the less people know:
-who I am
-were I am
-what Im doing
.....the better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #342
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Sounds like the very same issues which plagued the first meet are still occuring. Not bashing at all, just wish these same issues would be addressed. For the name of the forum, for the reputation of its members, for the good of the charity, for the name of car tuners, and out of respect for the volunteers who gave their time.

Someone needs to be a figure head. To take it upon himself to enforce the rules. Simple.

IE. why can't we find a huge parking lot in an abandoned strip mall? Where there are 5,000 spots? I can think of several off the main line.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.

Last edited by Drftpretty; 04-22-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #343
JLAWDET
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #19814

My Ride:
89 240sx hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylezTA View Post
maybe im getting old as well. But i drove by this on my way to my buddies kids 2nd birthday and the amount of JUNK i passed was unreal. even my fiance was cracking up. Im sure there were some real nice cars in there, but after a quick driveby all i got out of it was a bunch of kids revving in traffic (didn't see burnouts) and alot of cars that looked like they were just pulled out of a junk yard. lol.

Another good laugh was the 350z and some other car i drove by pulled over. imma assume for speeding on 263 lol.
You should see what one of your old cars has turned into now Brandon. 2 1/2 years ago you sold me that maroon hatch. You would never recognize it now.
JLAWDET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #344
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftpretty View Post
Sounds like the very same issues which plagued the first meet are still occuring. Not bashing at all, just wish these same issues would be addressed. For the name of the forum, for the reputation of its members, for the good of the charity, for the name of car tuners, and out of respect for the volunteers who gave their time.

Someone needs to be a figure head. To take it upon himself to enforce the rules. Simple.
it doesnt matter. you can plan and have people in charge, its not going to stop douche bags from doing their douche baggery.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #345
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD GS View Post
it doesnt matter. you can plan and have people in charge, its not going to stop douche bags from doing their douche baggery.
thats true but not true at the same time, cops can be aware and have a stronger presence.

i agree that there has to be a mall/plaza or something that could house this many cars (hopefully not abandoned so that they could take advantage of food etc)
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #346
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
The way I see it for anyone driving a $50k+ car who knew they were coming to this meet, if they can afford that car they can afford to cough up 25$ for a VIP spot. I saw a Ferrari and a Maserati (with the owner leaning on it protecting it I guess lol) in the visitor lot and was a little confused, not to mention countless R35s.
if youve never been to this event before most would assume that normal parking would leave ample room between cars so that someone with a stock Ferrari who just wants to attend and not "show off" their stock car could park and feel its safe

i guess i was just expecting it to be a meet where people could put up a pop up chair and relax. instead it would have been impossible to put up a chair near your car let alone having to wait an hour to use the bathroom (my wife)

im not saying this **** to bash the meet, im saying it to hope that it will help make next years better and more family friendly.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #347
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
if youve never been to this event before most would assume that normal parking would leave ample room between cars so that someone with a stock Ferrari who just wants to attend and not "show off" their stock car could park and feel its safe

i guess i was just expecting it to be a meet where people could put up a pop up chair and relax. instead it would have been impossible to put up a chair near your car let alone having to wait an hour to use the bathroom (my wife)

im not saying this **** to bash the meet, im saying it to hope that it will help make next years better and more family friendly.
As with many others looking for a way to solve the on going problem(s) with the meet, i would suggest donating your time and volunteer next year. The more people that volunteer and oversee the meet the more chances that the problems you had with it will get resolved. It's very easy to sit back and point blame, and find faults.

It's hard to dedicate staff to certain problems or to police the crowd when they are all ready dedicated to certain other priorities or tasks. For a large event like this it would be fair to say that there should be a volunteer for every 100 people attending.

As far as having a meet of this size in a public parking lot, although i am not an authority on the subject I would assume there would be an insurance/liability problem.

I applaud TST and the volunteers for putting together another successful event that seems to grow every year!

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #348
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD GS View Post
Egg Zachary.

A couple years back I wagered a 100 bucks extra donated to charity that the then "Sonic" meet if it went off without a rev,burnout,douchebaccharry.

Needles to say...I lost the wager in the first 5 minutes.

Sounds like a fun mess.
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #349
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
As with many others looking for a way to solve the on going problem(s) with the meet, i would suggest donating your time and volunteer next year. The more people that volunteer and oversee the meet the more chances that the problems you had with it will get resolved. It's very easy to sit back and point blame, and find faults.

It's hard to dedicate staff to certain problems or to police the crowd when they are all ready dedicated to certain other priorities or tasks. For a large event like this it would be fair to say that there should be a volunteer for every 100 people attending.

As far as having a meet of this size in a public parking lot, although i am not an authority on the subject I would assume there would be an insurance/liability problem.

I applaud TST and the volunteers for putting together another successful event that seems to grow every year!

the biggest problem imo was the venue, if they want to have it there everything should be "vip" with cars who dont care to park out in another area. $5 per adult to get in and $25 for VIP and "2 adults free". this way it would be less cars, more room for "nice" cars to park and overall a better venue to show off the cars. i busted my butt detailing my car before hand and parked next to a riced out accord and half the cars in the row look like they hadnt been cleaned since last fall

id much rather Quality over Quantity any day

i would be ashamed going to a meet in half the cars there.. not that they are garbage, but the fact that they wouldnt even clean it before hand
Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #350
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
id much rather Quality over Quantity any day
money doesn't have quality, only quantity. who cares if someone rolled up in a motorized shopping cart. if they donated $5 to the cause (the cause being the make a wish foundation) thats $5 more for the charity.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #351
Outlawstar98
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6940

My Ride:
06 BMW; 13 BRZ

Send a message via AIM to Outlawstar98 Send a message via MSN to Outlawstar98
People have to stop comparing this to a Car Show... Its a meet god dammit.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #352
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Lack of authority and space on the runway comes down to money put out for the meet. That's at the discretion of Bryan I would assume.

If you ask me portable speed bumps would solve the burnout problem but I'm sure people would gripe out their lowered car not being able to make it over. It never ends.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 04-23-2013 at 05:47 AM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #353
Herpfreaks

Member #8697

My Ride:
1996 Saturn SC2 -- 1994 Saturn SW2

At the end of the day it doesn't god damn matter what you drive. I drive a Saturn and I put a F***ing lot of work and blood into it. I saw high end cars there that where next to stock. Why should they be allowed to go over someone who knows and cares about cars. PS I know a saturn is general crap before anyone says it. But it is what I had money for when I needed it. AND I LOVE MY CAR.
Herpfreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #354
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

Send a message via ICQ to Twinz
I got there at about 1 and the lot had already been full parked down the street at the other playground lot and got the last space available people started parking in the grass across from that lot just to park and be able to walk in. Needless to say huge turnout. I can only imagine the number of people that just left cause the main lot was full. I thought the meet was good overall with the exception of the tards breaking rules and the bigger tards egging them on, really surprised no one either hit another car or a person exiting when they were doing burnouts (glad I parked in the other lot so I didn't have to deal with that). As for the person who said no one was hurt and the we didn't trash the place.. by 3:30 when the majority of people were leaving you could see the back half of the lot completely covered in trash. It's a community park and that's just disrespectful. There should have been more trash cans throughout the lot to help combat this but regardless if people couldn't find a trash can they could have taken their trash with them. There was quite a few nice cars there and some beat up nothing special cars but again to the people complaining about that it's a meet not a car show. Overall the staff did the best they could for the number of them that was there compared to the turnout. Its a shame the local police didn't make a better presence to help in organization and control of the traffic leaving.

Also is there a picture thread on here yet? I took some and will add them..
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #355
Psyco94Prizm

Member #22784

My Ride:
1994 Geoyota Prizolla

Send a message via AIM to Psyco94Prizm
I had a great time yesterday..yeah the burnouts did get out of hand.and people need to be more respectful and clean up after themselves..I stayed until there was maybe 10 cars left and I knew all 10 cars....
Did Anyone get any good pictures of my car up in VIP..you couldnt miss it only car that had "PRIZOLLA" on the front tag.flat/matte black front end.

Last edited by Psyco94Prizm; 04-22-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo
Psyco94Prizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #356
PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
Quote:
Point taken.

I must say that I got a crazy amount of positive feedback on the Juke. When I was pulling in at around 11:20-11:30ish, the looks on people faces when they saw the front mount on a Juke was absolutely priceless. I was kind of surprised honestly, but I always go for different and it seemed to work out really good.
I saw your car pull in and thought it was rad
96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #357
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Hunny5 View Post
There were more then a few people with beers in coolers.
And to whomever (I know there was more then one group), thought it would be cool to smoke blunts while walking through the spectator parking... You're a dick. I'm all for enjoying your greenery. However, when there are numerous families there with their kids, have some common courtesy and do it in your car or away from the group of people.
Some of us were on motorcycles. Some of us simply didnt care. Either way, your 4 year old doesnt know what it smells like. Just because you do doesnt make the "family" argument valid. There is nothing more offensive about pot smoke than tobacco smoke. If it bothers you that much, call the cops. They seemed to have been on their toes all day.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #358
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Some of us were on motorcycles. Some of us simply didnt care. Either way, your 4 year old doesnt know what it smells like. Just because you do doesnt make the "family" argument valid. There is nothing more offensive about pot smoke than tobacco smoke. If it bothers you that much, call the cops. They seemed to have been on their toes all day.
Wow. You're a shinning example of a douche. Just because the kid doesn't know what it smells like doesn't make it right or any better.

It's called respect...something you are clearly lacking.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #359
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Wow what a clown

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #360
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
What does being on a motorcycle have to do with it?
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote