TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
Silverfc88's RX7

When I was in High School in my Senior year in VA my dad gave me a Sazuki Samuri. The first thing I did was put a bandpass box in it with 2 Jensen 10's (The ones with the handprint on them). I use to cruise in that thing with the top taken off and I had people sitting on the speaker box. People loved that little jeep. I moved to Louisiana and the last couple of months of Senior year I eneded up rolling it.

I joined the military later that year. After Basic training and Tech School I get my first set of orders. It was to Yokota AB, Japan. I was nervous at first. I've been over seas before but I didn't know what to expect since this time I was going there alone and I didn't know anybody.

I was there a few months and I had to buy a car. Getting around and going to work by foot sucked! So I bought a 93 Honda Integra from someone that was leaving to go back to the states. I got it cheap and it was a great car.

Well driving back from Roppongi around 6 in the morning partying all night. I fall alseep on the highway and ended up hitting the concrete median destroying the body on the drivers side and screwing up the front alignment. I sold the car that week because I didn't want to deal with it.

A month later I bought my first RX7. It was a clean black 1991 Savanna model with 16inch Volk wheels. I paid $1,200 for it at the Base's Lemon lot and it looks like it sat there for a few months. What a change from the Integra!! This thing had way more power and handled better and I was able to kick the rear out when I wanted to. It was just a fun car..

I only had a couple of months left in Japan and I was making plans to ship it back to the states. Well plans change like always.

Me and a couple of my buddies used to go up to the mountains near Okutama Lake and watch the racers go up and down the mountain and even participate ourselves. Well on one of the nights I was up there trying to drift. I was making a sweeping right powering over pushing through the corner with the front wheels in counter steer. Somehow, I don't know what I did, the rear wheels caught traction and sent me shooting left into the guard rail. The front end is crushed in and I broke a control arm. The only thing left really holding the passenger tire was the steering and strut.

I sold the motor and some other parts to local guys and kept what I could from it.

I move back to the states and I get stationed to Cannon AFB, NM in good old Clovis. I start to look for a turbo model FC to start over, but I could not find one for the life of me. So I buy a N/A FC and I played with that for awhile. Then one day I see this Silver FC on the Singaporian Air Force side of base and it was a turbo! I pull up next to it and I put a sign on it saying that if he ever wants to sell I will buy it from him. About 8 months later I get a call and its the guy with the Silver FC. He says he is going back to Singapore and he needs to sell it within the month. The next week I pick it up and pay cash. . It was the same month that I had my daughter. February.

Pic was in Colorado.

We get orders to Mcguire AFB, NJ. We drive from New Mexico to New Jersey in the month of August 2002 in 2 RX7's and neither with A/C. Malaya was just a few months old. We moved in with Allie's parents for a couple of months until we could find our own place. I'm driving to work in my silver FC and I'm on 95 north just cruising up doing about 80. I look to my right and I see this mustang merging unto the highway. I look into the rear veiw and he his coming up on me fast. So I drop it into fourth and punch it. I started pulling on him, put it 5th and still pulling from him. I look back and he is way back, look foward again and I hear a pop then I loose all power. No power steering no nothing. I start to slow down and take my exit and pull over to the side of the road. Pop the hood and the first thing I see is the nipple coming from the compressor housing to the wategate had popped off. Tried to start it and it starts with a little effort but it sounds like ****. Like an old train or something, chug chug chug kinda sound.

Get it towed back to the house and I let it sit there. That same week someone decides to steal it. I'm about to fall asleep and I hear a car start and rev to all hell, I jumped up when I relize it was my car. I run downstairs with my gun and I hear them peeling away. I go around the corner and I can see them going down the street and take a right. I run back inside grabbed my keys to the other 7 and went hauling after them. I took the right and stopped at the next intersection. I asked some kids sitting in the corner if they have seen a silver car just like this one driving by. They point left, I look over and there is this Blue Dodge Neon with a BIG I think yellow SUPERSTREET sticker on the trunk sitting there in the middle of the road with its marker lights on. So I turn left slowly and the Neon starts to go down the street. I follow it through another intersection and I watch it park and all of the people get out. I look around and I don't see my car. So I circle around and one of them is on the phone. So this time I go in a different direction and I go further down the street. I'm going down and all of a sudden I see my car just sitting there! I hurry back home and drop Allie off to get some help to get the car back home. I hurry back and the car is still there. I'm sitting there for what I think was about 15 minutes and this truck goes driving by real slow playing hip hop. I look in the back and it had tow arms attached to it! I'm wondering if they had planned on towing my car away. Which I think they where. I got my car back that night..

A few months later I drop another motor into it and its been running great! Took me about 2 and a half days to do it.

More to come.....
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj

Last edited by Silverfc88; 06-11-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Current mod list:

__Battery / Charging / Wiring__
3rd gen RX7 100amp alt.
8 gauge from alt to battery
Banzai Racing alt double pulley
Deka ETX14 mini battery

__Body__
89-91 tail lights
S5 Moldings
ShineAutoProject
Front bumper
Sideskirts
Rear bumper caps
RE Amemiya mirrors
H4 conversion headlights
JDM Flash to pass lenses
Amber LED's in front lights
RE Amemiya hood vent cap

__Brakes__
Mazdatrix ABS removal kit
Mazdatrix stainless lines
Hawk HPS front and rear pads

__Cooling__
Koyo rad
Fluidyne Therm-HX oil cooler with -10an lines
Rad plate
Hayden fan on Taurus shroud
85 amp solenoid and 50 amp fuse
Samco blue radiator hoses
Downpipe wrapped and turbo blanket

__Drivetrain__
9 lb flywheel
ACT heavy duty pressure plate
Clutchnet street disk
Mazdaracing short shifter
Redline MT90 lube in Tranny
Stainless clutch hose
MMR solid
Motor
Tranny
Subframe
Tokico Clutch slave + master cylinders
Kaaz 1.5way solid diff

__ECU__
Rtek Version 2.1 with palm Zire 71

__Electronics__
Greddy Bspec II boost controller
HKS turbo timer
Premier Head Unit
Soundstream RUB555
Soundstream SPL-50G front speakers
Pioneer rear speakers
Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 Sub

__Engine__
Series 4 Jspec stock ports
Oil Metering Pump removed
Premix 2 cycle oil
Rats nest removed

__Exhaust__
Modified Corksport downpipe and midpipe 80mm
Ssautochrome dual exhaust 80mm pipe to two 2 ˝
pipes

__Fuel__
Greddy 2x720cc
Delphi 2x1000cc injectors
Walbro re-wired 10 gauge
Aeromotive FPR 13109
-6 AN fittings and lines

__Gauges__
Autometer
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Water temp
Fuel pressure
Volt
PLX M-300 wideband
RE Amemiya 80mm boost
Summit Fuel pressure on FPR

__Ignition __
NGK BUR9EQ x4
Jacobs FC1000 CDI
MSD wires

__Intake__
K&N filter
Cover to protect it from water
Turbo inlet duct

__Interior__
4 gauges mounted on the glove box cover
89-91 stereo surround
Custom rear tower covers
Lonza horn button
Nardi steering wheel
Redlinegoods Shift and emergencey boots
Pedals, brand unknown
RAZO drift spec shift knob (heavy)
Recaro seat rails
Recaro Speed seats with blue stitching
Wedge engineering seat brackets
CG lock
NRG Slim steering wheel quick release
SRR Steering wheel 30mm extension

__Suspension__
BC Racing BR Coilovers
Corksport strut bar set
Cusco lower arm bar
Cusco pillar bars
K2rd rear camber bar
Pinion Snubber
Suspenion Techniques rear sway bar
Racing Beat DTSS Eliminator
Rear poly bushings

__Tires / Wheels__
(SUMMER)
235/40r17 front Dunlop Potenza Z1 Star Spec
245/40r17 rear Bridgestone RE-01R
Advan Siena Gen 1 Wheels
17X8 35offset 5.5mm spacers
17X9 40offset 16mm spacers
(WINTER)
BBS 16x7 20mm offset 205/55 Blizzaks
(Track)
Mickey Thompson ET Streets 255/50R16 On stock wheels

__Turbo__
HKS cast manifold
MP T-60 .96 T4 Vband outlet
38mm Tial wastegate
Greddy FMIC V-Spec
HKS blow off valve
Stainless Braided -3AN oil feed line

__Weight Reduction__
A/C, power steering, emissions, heat shields, and
other stuff
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj

Last edited by Silverfc88; 06-10-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:04 AM   #3
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
jerry i didnt know you were born into jdmness haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #4
9 Ball
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #70

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95nracer View Post
Reminds me of my 1987 RX. It was an N/A but it was such a well balanced car. Looks exactly the same except I hade the five spoke wheels. I had a million stories with that thing… two motors… a transmission… argh. But I loved that thing – it was the car that got me into the performance segment.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Send a message via AIM to JSeoul Send a message via MSN to JSeoul
You were in the AF to? Glad to see a another member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

BBMessenger PIN: 24A39C04
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
BradC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1083

My Ride:
Boosted NA/2000 SAAB 9-5

Send a message via AIM to BradC
Love it man, I want a TII project car
Old 11-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #7
joe tom
Tri-State Addict

Member #287

My Ride:
2010 Acura TSX

i'm looking forward to seeing the future mods! what bodykit are you gonna go with?
joe tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
koho2731
Tri-State Addict

Member #997

My Ride:
95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to koho2731 Send a message via Yahoo to koho2731
Jerry the car looks better in person . I love how clean it is.
koho2731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #9
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Ball View Post
Reminds me of my 1987 RX. It was an N/A but it was such a well balanced car. Looks exactly the same except I hade the five spoke wheels. I had a million stories with that thing… two motors… a transmission… argh. But I loved that thing – it was the car that got me into the performance segment.

I loved that car also. I swear that car handled better than the current car that I have now even with the better suspension pieces on the turbo. I think it had something to do with having less power and I was able to power through corners without the rear end coming around. But it doesn't matter now that car was stolen a couple years back in Moorsetown at the Pepboys across the street from the mall. I miss that car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koho2731 View Post
Jerry the car looks better in person . I love how clean it is.
Thanks man! Hopefully you get to see it when it gets painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxto350z View Post
i'm looking forward to seeing the future mods! what bodykit are you gonna go with?
I'm going with a Shineaeroproject body kit. http://stores.ebay.com/shineautoproj...Q3amesstQQtZkm

I'm going to go for this look.

Bumper:

Skirts and rear aero gaurds:

I'm basically going for the look of the white car. I even have the same mirrors already and the same hood scoop cap as the top red car. I can't wait!!

Last edited by Silverfc88; 11-01-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeoul View Post
You were in the AF to? Glad to see a another member

I'm still in. There is a bunch of Military on here.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95nracer View Post

I'm basically going for the look of the white car.
I got a little sad when I first saw "bodykit", but that looks awesome. I can't wait to see it.

I just noticed its a s4...Are your body moldings painted?

Also, more pics please.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #12
Jose13b
Tri-State Addict

Member #1536

bro if you need an alarm let me know I will hook you up I hate to hear stores of a rx7 being taken away

is that the rx8 vert!
Jose13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonner View Post
I got a little sad when I first saw "bodykit", but that looks awesome. I can't wait to see it.

I just noticed its a s4...Are your body moldings painted?

Also, more pics please.

Yes the body mouldings that I have now are painted ,but I already have the s5 mouldings, turn signals and the S5 rear bumper is on the way.

I got the front bumper in today. So only waiting on the sideskirts and rear aero gaurds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose13b View Post
bro if you need an alarm let me know I will hook you up I hate to hear stores of a rx7 being taken away
Thanks for the offer. I have an alarm now, but I also have other "measures" in place. If I want to upgrade I'll give you a ring.

Last edited by Silverfc88; 11-01-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #14
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
Jerry I always wanted to see a pic of the black FC, looks good! I have never seen those volks before. Your cars stories are very interesting
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #15
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Body kit on. I wanted to test fit the body kit to see how the fit is and to make sure I can get in and out of my driveway without messing up the kit. Which I already cracked the bumper the second day it was on, but I already fixed it with some glass and resin. Sanded it down and painted over it. You can't even tell I cracked it unless you look in the back.

Will be going to paint soon. Maybe early Feb.

Edit: Why doesn't the first pic show up?

Last edited by Silverfc88; 01-27-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #16
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Old 01-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #17
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Looks like crap right now. Oh well, I can't wait until the car is painted and in one color.

Oh and Hurry up warm weather! I need to put my wheels back on!

Last edited by Silverfc88; 01-27-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #18
9 Ball
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #70

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

It will definitely freshen up the car and make it look a little more modern.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
IntegrasAreBest
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2474

quite a story you have there. damn i want an rx-7 now
IntegrasAreBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #20
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe