TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #21
DC Hunny5
Tri-State Addict

Member #2807

My Ride:
02 Acura RSX-S = Totaled :( 07 Jeep Compass

Send a message via AIM to DC Hunny5
how old do you have to be in pa to bartend?
i know in delaware, it's 21 to bartend/even be behind the bar & 19 to legally serve

Quote:
colleen is wild as hell, she'll def give someone the bizz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DC Hunny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #22
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

18 in PA

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #23
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
bartending, if you can get in somewhere, would be great money... lotsa work, lotsa late nights, but lotsa cash.

waiting tables will also make you a lot of money. i used to work at a red lobster and my take home pay there was almost as much as my take home pay now. finding a fast paced busy restaurant with a lot of turnover is the only way to make good money serving, so it will be hectic and tiring, but you will make good money if you find the right place to work at.

both of these options will probably blow anything else out of the water as far as pay goes, so if you're up for it i'd just get to work and start putting in applications. a lot of places might not want to hire without experience, but keep at it and you'll find someplace that will. even if you dont find anything right now, you should be able to at the end of the summer when kids are going back to school and shifts are opening up... think early to mid august.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #24
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
You mentioned dealership and parts...

The BMW dealership is/was looking for a parts person last week. I know we have some new guys delivering stuff to the collision shop so there were some driver positions filled, but I'm positive there was at least 1 part counter position open. Only thing is its in Central PA (Mechanicsburg) and you mentioned you don't plan on moving.

You also mentioned receptionist... they have "Customer Care Representative" listed on all the http://www.sunmotorcars.com websites. Benefits package for all Sun Motor Cars full-time positions include: health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k) plan.

Customer Care Representative: We are currently accepting applications for a customer care rep with strong phone skills to work in our Business Development Center. Responsibilities include receiving inbound and making outbound calls. Previous call center experience desired. We offer competitive pay and benefits package.

I've only been working for the Collision Center for 2 months now. (owned by the Mercedes Dealer and BMW, Audi, and Porsche sublet out to us since its "Sun Motor Cars" as a whole). Cant wait for my 90 days to be over for benefits to start and my review and/or raise.

The new Porsche/Audi building should start being built here within a few months and has a projected schedule to open around May 2009 so if you decide to move around this area, you can always check back.
All sounds great, but it's out of my area. Thank you, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
bartending, if you can get in somewhere, would be great money... lotsa work, lotsa late nights, but lotsa cash.

waiting tables will also make you a lot of money. i used to work at a red lobster and my take home pay there was almost as much as my take home pay now. finding a fast paced busy restaurant with a lot of turnover is the only way to make good money serving, so it will be hectic and tiring, but you will make good money if you find the right place to work at.

both of these options will probably blow anything else out of the water as far as pay goes, so if you're up for it i'd just get to work and start putting in applications. a lot of places might not want to hire without experience, but keep at it and you'll find someplace that will. even if you dont find anything right now, you should be able to at the end of the summer when kids are going back to school and shifts are opening up... think early to mid august.
I sit a a desk all day everyday and while it's great that I don't have to do much, and I'm in an air conditioned area, I hate it. I'd rather be on my feet working all day. That's right now. I'm sure I'll get sick of it quick, though.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 AM   #25
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

i say waitress, bartender, cell phone place, or like a bank. my gf makes a lot of money at applebees, my sister makes bank bartending, i knew dudes that sold cell phones and made a lot of money and same with working in a bank.
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
05suby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #26
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
I sit a a desk all day everyday and while it's great that I don't have to do much, and I'm in an air conditioned area, I hate it.
I'd gladly get paid to do nothing

But yeah something where you get tips/commission is one of your few options to make money that doesn't totally suck.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #27
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Are you planning on going to school? If so waitress/bartend is def the way to make a lot of cash quick. If not I'd try finding something you like that gives you a chance to advance in the company.

$150 a week?! Holy crap..that's not enough for a day let alone a week.

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #28
Menacing_Gc8
Tri-State Addict

Member #7803

My Ride:
01 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS , 93 Sentra SE-R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
You mentioned dealership and parts...

The BMW dealership is/was looking for a parts person last week. I know we have some new guys delivering stuff to the collision shop so there were some driver positions filled, but I'm positive there was at least 1 part counter position open. Only thing is its in Central PA (Mechanicsburg) and you mentioned you don't plan on moving.

You also mentioned receptionist... they have "Customer Care Representative" listed on all the http://www.sunmotorcars.com websites. Benefits package for all Sun Motor Cars full-time positions include: health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k) plan.

Customer Care Representative: We are currently accepting applications for a customer care rep with strong phone skills to work in our Business Development Center. Responsibilities include receiving inbound and making outbound calls. Previous call center experience desired. We offer competitive pay and benefits package.

I've only been working for the Collision Center for 2 months now. (owned by the Mercedes Dealer and BMW, Audi, and Porsche sublet out to us since its "Sun Motor Cars" as a whole). Cant wait for my 90 days to be over for benefits to start and my review and/or raise.

The new Porsche/Audi building should start being built here within a few months and has a projected schedule to open around May 2009 so if you decide to move around this area, you can always check back.

I heard something the other day that at the BMW building, if you work for them, you can lease most of the cars for under $200 a month if that's something you're into. I not sure if that's something you are into but I haven't bothered checking into what all is involved with something like that as benefits start after 90 days and I "technically" work for the Mercedes shop. I'm not sure if its a year or 2 year lease or if you can do a monthly thing. I know they have cars that get traded in and you pay the trade-in price + $500 if its going to auction or +$1000 if its going on our lot.
She doesn't want to move.. but i may have to think about taking that Parts Counter spot @ BMW .. sure it would be a hour drive to work everyday, but If paid enough, worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
$150 a week?! Holy crap..that's not enough for a day let alone a week.
you ain kiddin there. either shes getting paid for very VERY few hours, or shes being paid BELOW minimum wage ( which is now FEDERALLY $7 and some change as of July 1st this year.) which is illegal.

either way, Look for Waitressing jobs , Etc..but if you tend to get ticked off at idiots, mean people, or ignorant people, I wouldn't suggest food service. I did that for 8 years straight and the WORST time to be around people, is when they are hungry, then have to pay for it. Especially if its not your fault the kitchen didnt get the order right, or its just not that good.. But you can make some good cash serving at a restaraunt too.. Its really you, your personality and something you have to try to decide of its for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Quote:
Cars are like women, they dont want you to do it fast they want you to do it right otherwise they complain.
Menacing_Gc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #29
ThatTealHatch
Tri-State Addict

Member #7110

Send a message via AIM to ThatTealHatch
hes cool to a point, hes a perv though fyi. and dont tell him u know me thats a bad move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
you live near johnnies by wiss? im trying to get a job at the bar there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
johnny is a cool dude. i just gotta go talk to him. you work for sussman, right?
ThatTealHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #30
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
bartend for sure. Manayunk could use some cute bartenders (and i could use free drinks). Too many dudes in there.
bingo. Cute girls can make a killingggggg bartending. Even at local neighborhood bars. If you can deal with the hours and the occasional unruly customer, you can make good money. If you have the patience for a big bar/club, you'll be pimping in no time.

My friends brother is now the manager at Mcfaddens on 3rd street, but he used to bartend and he'd make a boatload on a friday or saturday night alone, and not bad on weeknights either.

poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #31
461_SS
Tri-State Addict

Member #6976

My Ride:
07 Mazdaspeed 3, 95 Probe SE, 86 Monte Carlo (Racecar)

how far would you travel?

There is no Replacement for Displacement!
Driver of the 461 Street Stock.

2008 Mountian Speedway Street Stock Champion
XBL GT: Daking Reborn
461_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #32
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

tst lap dance servicer??? lol
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #33
twistedlanes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3529

My Ride:
currently out of Commission be back soon

i'm not paying.

twistedlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #34
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
i didn't go and read tru everything, but my GF went to school for bartending and then couldn't land a job for the life of her. Every place expected her to have a few years experience. Well you can't get experience if no one hires you... She ended up getting one part time gig at a restaurant. All in all it didn't work out for her to well. Not trying to be a negative nancy here. but just something to think about.

(edit... a place like katmandu would probably hire you with no experience, you'd most liely start off as a shot girl then work your way up to the bar.)

If i were you, i'd look more towards receptionist or office admin. You'll make more money and have some room to grow if you are with the right company.

Good luck.

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #35
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
you ain kiddin there. either shes getting paid for very VERY few hours, or shes being paid BELOW minimum wage ( which is now FEDERALLY $7 and some change as of July 1st this year.) which is illegal.
She said ~21 hours a week so it sounds about right for just slightly over minimum wage.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #36
DC Hunny5
Tri-State Addict

Member #2807

My Ride:
02 Acura RSX-S = Totaled :( 07 Jeep Compass

Send a message via AIM to DC Hunny5
serving is an extremely tiring job. some weeks, it's worth it. other nights, it's not even close to it.

it's a lot of hours and you will be dealing with being on your feet for 4+ hours, constantly moving, and back pains from carrying trays and heavy trays.

it's a hit or miss honestly in the food industry business.

Quote:
colleen is wild as hell, she'll def give someone the bizz.

DC Hunny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #37
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

you could always be my personal ball washer
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #38
05 mazda6s
Tri-State Addict

Member #5265

My Ride:
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Send a message via AIM to 05 mazda6s
babysitting? or even being a nanny?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #39
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post

Reading is too far for a job. I'm not moving anytime soon.

LOL, Guess it wasn't too obvious that it was a joke. I was hinting at prostitution. lol
eurotrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #40
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Where at in Philly are you? I work at Dave and Buster's in the NE and we're always looking for people. And I KNOW we're hurting for waitress's.

GL if not.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote