TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
kingin
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2430

My Ride:
1992 240sx

18x9 +35 18x10 +45 will they fit 240sx

Have a 92 240sx hatch was looking at some rims 18x9 +35 and 18x10 +45 was wondering if they would fit on my 240 without rolling the fenders and would I be able to make turns without rubbing tires size was thinking 255 40 18 and 235 45 18 in the front ????
kingin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Send a message via AIM to whitezenki
That sizing sucks, and the front wont clear coils, which i hope you have, or its gonna be super high like the gravedigger. You can do way better without touching the fenders, but if your dropping decent money on rims, do it right the first time, even if that means rolling the fenders, its not that hard, and worth it

You gonna drive it, or buy it a dress?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Rolling the fenders? You won't even come close to the fenders with those offsets....

Rubbing the strut or inner fender well, YES you will!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
kingin

Member #2430

My Ride:
1992 240sx

wouldnt spacers help that problem. And what is a good size recomended. Im running 16x8 and they look way to small on my car
Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Yeah, maybe like a 20mm spacer and extended studs, but even then you won't have that fat lip or concaved spoke look...

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Unless you have a kit, stay away from eighteens, actually even with a kit, eighteens are usually overkill on an s13. Try something like 17x9, +20 all around, a decent roll and youll be happy as hell..

or 17x8.5, 17x9.5, +35 all around with a roll

you can fit a 17x10 +35 out back with just a roll, but gettin that big your not gonna be able to go real low without more changes then just a roll

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
kingin

Member #2430

My Ride:
1992 240sx

How do them sport max wheels hold up cars looks sweet. What do you mean by roll (fender roll) I dont want to roll my fenders just got my car painted.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
kingin

Member #2430

My Ride:
1992 240sx

what kind of wheels is the white 240 rocking and what are the tire sizes thanks. I am running 16x8 racing sparcos they look really small
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

I don't think you are understanding what we are saying, nor listening.

The offsets you have listed would not work most likely. You are talking about a +45, which would hit the brake or inside fender, frankly I don't even think they would clear the brakes what so ever.

Most 240 kids will run an agressive offset. (+12-+20) That kicks the wheel out toward the fender. To compensate for the really wide and agressive wheels (whether it be a fat ass lip or spoked that are really concaved) you must then run a stretched tire to clear the fender, most likely 2 sizes too small. With all of that, you will also need to roll the fenders, unless you wanted the car to sit looking like bigfoot....

I mean, that's just if you want properlly fitting wheels.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2007, 12:44 AM   #10
StreetEG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1109

(for a showcar)
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #11
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingin View Post
How do them sport max wheels hold up cars looks sweet. What do you mean by roll (fender roll) I dont want to roll my fenders just got my car painted.
Sportmaxes are lame, i wouldnt put them on my brothers Dodge Colt, let alone a freshly painted 240. And right now is the best time to have your fenders rolled, your paint is still soft and if you have a shop do it, everything will work great, look awesome, and youll be able to fit some real wheels under there like it should be done with fresh body work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingin View Post
what kind of wheels is the white 240 rocking and what are the tire sizes thanks. I am running 16x8 racing sparcos they look really small
The white 240 has 5zigen Fn01RC's, not exactly unique or amazing, but a good run of the mill cast wheel for 240's. The tire sizes are 215/40/17 i think, an extreme stretch, but you can run more tire there if you want, and still fit better then your original ideas.

The wheels you listed will not mount if you have coils, they will hit the coil body before they ever have a chance at meeting the hubs. Brake clearance depends on the inside of the wheel and spoke design, not offset, and if you have stock brakes anything will clear, its Z32's you need to worry about, but you still wont be able to fit wide wheels unless you get some lower offsets b/c your coils will be in the way, and your gonna look sunk as hell. You just dropped decent cake on a paintjob, do up the wheels right to give your setup justice.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Wiisass
Tri-State Addict

Member #744

Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Those sizes are pretty bad and you're front tires are going to be too tall. I'm running 18x9.5+12 on my s13 with 235/40/18 tires and they fit the way a wheel should. The fronts just needed a roll and a little pull. The rears needed a little pull. And add some camber and they fit like wheels should. 17x9+15 or something in that range are also a pretty good fit. Not as agressive as what I have on my car but easier to fit. We were running 18x9+20 and 18x10+18 on a car and they fit real well.

Just realize that with any decent fitting wheel and any not gay ride height, you're going to need to do some work to get them to clear everything. Repositioning wiring harnesses, banging in some seams if you expect to get any angle, and other stuff along these lines.

Maybe I'll take pics of the car later to show you how wheels should fit.

Just put the TIP In.

Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #13
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
^tims car drifting with big rims up front

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote