TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
hey guys this week is MS awareness week

i just want to ask everyone if you have a few spare minutes to check out this site http://www.nationalmssociety.org/

for anyone that doesn't know about MS it's chronic inflamitory disease that affects the central nervous system, it can cause many problems from fatigue, pain, vision loss, speech problems, all the way to disiblity to the point of 100% dependent care. at this point we still don't know what causes MS and there is no cure. with that said, it's a very nasty disease and in my opinion one of the most important to research and try to find out causes & possibly a cure. ANYONE can get MS with no warnings because we simply do not know what causes it.

with that said, there are many ways you can help! not all of them involve donating money, just by spreading the word you're doing your part. i would ask anyone that runs a website or has an online profile like myspace or even cardomain to please check out this link and add a button.

thanks and please keep this thread on topic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

good post. checking out link
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

troll must be anti MS cause i cant put the button in my sig
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

bumping this up for awareness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
noclutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #2604

My Ride:
Black 3G Eclipse, Riced out

Werd..

Did you know MS is one of the most misdiagnosed diseases. Mainly because there is no known cause of it and its syptoms are shared with so many other illnesses. You could get one outbreak of symptoms and not be diagnosed 100% until the 2nd time it happens, even years later, due to this.
noclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
the doctors are pretty sure my mom has this. Its a horrible, dibilitating, life changing disease. She used to be the kinda person who was always up for going and doing something, loved to do things w/ me and hang out. Now she has to walk with a cane and take massive amounts of meds, so she pretty much stays home most of the time. It really sucks. But we deal with it so..yea. idk...it sucks.
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

best of luck to your mom an family i will keep you guys in my thoughts

for a lot of people ms just kind of comes and goes, for others it just kind of ****s on you all at once and stays. i was a CNA for awhile and worked with a lot of people who were way to young to be going through the kind of stuff that was happening, it's a horrible disease and needs to be taken very seriously, i know a lot of people don't care about things that don't dirrectly affect them but you need to understand anyone can get MS. it COULD happen to you or someone you love and at this point nobody knows why, we need to find out the causes and provocations so we can do something about it!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I actually will be there at the MS Walk along with most of the XFRadio staff supporting.

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
I actually recently found out that my aunt has had this for almost 10 years now, and recently, she had an MS attack, and was in the hospital for almost a week. Its a really scary disease when you really think about it, since it can strike at almost any time.

Thing is, talking to her and seeing her, you cant even tell that she has it either. She seems like she is 100% healthy, working and taking care of 2 kids.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

sorry for your aunt, glad she is doing so well though :]

when i was living in another state i worked at a facility that had many MS patients. one particluar lady was in her 40's and was especially depressing, her husband left her after she was diagnosed and became disabled. she was 100% dependent, meaning she couldn't do anything for herself. we used what's called a Hoyer left ( think of a crane for a person ) to pick her up out of bed so she could sit in her wheel chair, it was electric and she has just enough mobility in 1 arm to nudge the controls around. she couldn't even move her arms close enough to her face to feed herself, she had a grabber that weighed probably 2lbs that she dropped all the time because she couldn't hold anything with a little weight to it.. i used to think about her all the time after i stopped working there.

anyways, yeah ms sucks and can be very nasty so please do what you can to spread the word thanks guys