TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Do you believe in karma?

I was thinking about it today, and I base a lot of things off of my belief in karma.
I got a crappy tip from someone who could have spared a couple more bucks and I caught myself saying "karma is a bitch" when I counted my money. It was directed towards him maybe not getting that future raise that he wanted or something of the sort as a result of him going around being a cheap tipper so he can save a few bucks a month.
I just feel like people who have genuinely good intentions will get the same in return and people who have bad, selfish intentions will get whats coming to them.
There are just some people out there who want to have a positive affect on the world and are very giving people, and others who could care less and are a drain on society and only do whats best for them.
Anybody agree or disagree? Will karma come around in the end or is it all instant gratification and selfish intentions?
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
Crzyguy972
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #514

My Ride:
2005 Mazda 6

Send a message via AIM to Crzyguy972
I think karma is more of an attitude then a belief. If someone cuts you off driving it mkaes you feel worse then someone who lets you go ahead. I think its just the different effects of attitudes on different people.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
There are just some people out there who want to have a positive affect on the world and are very giving people, and others who could care less and are a drain on society and only do whats best for them.
Anybody agree or disagree? Will karma come around in the end or is it all instant gratification and selfish intentions?
Bryan

Why is it wrong to look out for yourself over others? Would I rather die over some other helpless fool, NO. Would I risk my life for someone who was in desperate need, yes I would.

But, you can't call someone who looks out for themselves over others a drain on society. Do you donate all of your extra earnings to charities and families in need? No, you mod your car and buy expensive camera stuff. Do you deserve to die for that?

LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
eastsidesuby19
Tri-State Addict

Member #808

My Ride:
2004 BMW M3

Send a message via AIM to eastsidesuby19
Im not sure....im 50/50 on this one, because im nowhere close to perfect, but i do my fair share of good deeds for people....and family and maybe it will come later in life, but it seems like im always getting the S****y end of the stick.???????
eastsidesuby19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i agree that it is an attitude...
and i'm not saying that people who look out for themselves are bad people... dont know if thats how it came out but its not what i meant.
through life you run into people who think causing property damage is a perfectly good evening of entertainment, or who would jump into a cab that an elderly person is waiting for, or whatever. or even who leave a crappy tip for no reason because they think the dollar in their pocket is better than in yours.
i think the attitude i have is that i want to further myself as much as possible, but not at the expense of anyone else.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

some guy just scammed me at the wawa gas station on the boulevard. said he was out of gas and was wondering if i could give him a few bux to get him home which was a few streets down. being the nice guy i am i gave him a few bux, he then got in his truck and floored it out of the parking lot. hopefully karma gets him and by karma i mean an 18 wheeler
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
through life you run into people who think causing property damage is a perfectly good evening of entertainment, or who would jump into a cab that an elderly person is waiting for, or whatever. or even who leave a crappy tip for no reason because they think the dollar in their pocket is better than in yours.

Well those people will get theirs in the end. Be it something will happen to them, or they will go through life unhappy.

Vandals= Go to jail.
A--holes= Get treated like that back.

Is it Karma? I don't think so. I don't believe in that kind of stuff. But, I also don't believe in a supreme being.

Crappy tippers are one of my biggest pet peeves and I have never even worked a job where I was tipped. There is your "karma" from me. If you are a good waiter/waitress, you will get tipped very well. If you suck, I'll still give you 15%, but to the exact amount.

LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Sincere
Tri-State Addict

Member #248

Send a message via AIM to Sincere
.02 Karma is a great thing even though you may never know it at work. I do thing the way i would like them done to me. Some times it feel like a lot for nothing, but when i sit back and look around i'm happy where i'm at and i see where the other ones are. .02

Sincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #9
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to sesolcSTI Send a message via Yahoo to sesolcSTI
Nope, dont believe in it...........its just an artsy fartsy way of saying "I hope you get hit by a bus."
TST #40 / HP #009 / Blobeye Syndicate #99
GO PITTSBURGH!
sesolcSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

I personally have the attitude of "do unto others". Its sort of like karma, but i think its more of a conscious effort. If I am nice to a person they generally will act the same back. I also try to think of the bigger picture. Take the bad tipper example. Maybe he isnt as well off as you think. He could be having a ****ty day. Maybe to him that was a deserving tip. Think about it this way. If a lone person walks in and orders a cup of coffee and a grilled cheese, the bill comes out to be 7 dollars, they leave 10, you keep 3 for foughly a 40% tip. Now replace coffee with glass of wine and grilled cheese with steak, have you done more work, you've still only brought him a single drink and a plate of food. But now that his meal cost him say 30 dollars he is expected to tip 6 dollars but he only leave 3. So for the same amount of work in the first situation you think cool, a decient tip, in the second situation you think, what a scum bag, thanks for nothing. I know people who think like this. I personally try and tip well, because i know how ****ty workin in a restaurant is, but some people dont understand. So you have to take is as a relative thing. What one person sees as a good another could see as terrible and vice versa.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #11
slavetothemuzic
Tri-State Addict

Member #421

My Ride:
1991 Nissan 240SX SE Fastback

Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic Send a message via Yahoo to slavetothemuzic
I believe in karma to some degree. My reasoning behind it is, the way you interact with the world generally comes back to you in some form or another. If you're an easy going person, who treats others well, I think in general, people react well to that, and return similar treatment. On the other hand, if you're a dick to everyone, that comes across loud and clear as well, and people react to you accordingly.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #12
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
Once, I gave a bum $10 back in HS and then watched as he bought alcohol with it. Somehow I continue to do stuff for people just so they can **** on me.

Overall, I am still happy with myself. It's just the way I was brought up I guess but lately, more and more I feel myself holding back and becoming more of a realist, lol.

Still, my wife insists we tip good waiters/waitresses, well. And as much as I would not like to to, end up tipping the bad ones as well... although usually not much.

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #13
Twin_Cam
Tri-State Addict

Member #288

Send a message via AIM to Twin_Cam
I don't believe in karma, because once you die, you're done. I do however believe in what goes around comes around. Do something awful to someone, you'll get what's coming to you.

'00 Saturn SL2m- slowest car on TST
Twin_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Fate, fortune, destiny, karma, or luck; it's just a way of claiming your successes without claiming your losses.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #15
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Helping people makes ME feel good.

I personally can't prove that the money I donated at WAWA or wherever goes wher it is supposed to, but the feeling that I at least tried to help someone or something is worth it to me.
I don't beieve in Karma, per se though. The idea that there is a greater force out there, be it a god or just the harpstrings of the Universe doesn't do it for me.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #16
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

I always say "Karma is a Mother F***er, isn't she?"

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ha old thread but something i was just reading on here reminded me of it... thought i remembered posting it here so i figured i'd bump it up in case anyone missed this and wanted to comment...

|

Quote:

|
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #18
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
They Say Karma's a Bitch, I say Bring it on mother****er.
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #19
DropTopChevy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #242

My Ride:
2002 2.8 30V V6

Send a message via AIM to DropTopChevy
Yeah I believe in it cause I always see cases in which what comes around goes around. Like if I find money on the ground I end up wasting it on something that breaks or something. IDK other weird stuff that just evens everything out I guess. but yeah I think its real
Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #20
driftingeric2k4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2026

My Ride:
2000 Ford Mustang GT/C

If it does exist, I am still waiting for my payback I remmver one winter storm in buffalo I was trying to go home and I didnt get out of the city before having to turn back it got so bad. On the way back to my dorms I ended up pulling out 12 people out of the ditches with my truck. On one guy, the tow strap bent the bumper a little and he was swearing at me like I had murdered his wife. I should have left his azz in the snow. Talk about gratitude...
driftingeric2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote