TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #41
Mitsu3kgt
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3723

My Ride:
1992 Mitsubishi 3000gt

RS4 run 12's straight off of the showroom floor. Handling is superb and are great driving cars. I drive Audis all day and I have the most fun in the RS4. The R8 on the other hand is a whole different animal.
Mitsu3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #42
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8drifter86 View Post
I was just stating a fact......... i do know a fair amount of people with modded B6/7s, and i drive a modded B5.
dont get mad cause you dont like to mod your car much....

have you driven any of these cars? Do you know first hand? Those transmissions are highly developed and dont erratically shift.

then again, i am a purist and would much rather have three pedals than two with flappy paddle shifters

.... you drive a miata. chill

If i want a car that doesnt understeer like a pig

E92 M3
C63 AMG
New CTS-V

S4
IS-F

also, S4s are just horrible with resale value recently. you can pick up a B7 S4's for low to mid 20s now. and the fact that B6 S4s arent mod friendly at all.

We are on a car enthusiast site where almost everyone here has modified their car in some shape or form, so im pretty sure the people on this forum will be looking at its aftermarket product availability.
1. Because that's all there is to life
2. I have driven a few...why don't you read what critics said about the IS-F 8-speed...laggy and sloppy
3. What I drive has nothing to do with this topic, but it's very typical of a euro car owner to have this attitude.
4. Becasue you know this first-hand and have driven all of them and tested them on the track right?
5. Resale value on most euro cars is not very good. Why don't you look at this realistically...what is the majority of the market for an S4? Maybe then you will understand that to them its not about how fast the car can go, or how loud it can be, or how many PSi the stock block can take, but it's about refinement, ride, quality, and image. Just stop arguing.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #43
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Everyone can have their own opinion if they want cleanneon. Just gotta suck it up and take whatever they say. It might be right, it might be wrong. It's whatever. I haven't not been in a b6/b7, but personally I have looked into them and have thought about trying to get one in the future.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #44
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickRocket1258 View Post
Everyone can have their own opinion if they want cleanneon. Just gotta suck it up and take whatever they say. It might be right, it might be wrong. It's whatever. I haven't not been in a b6/b7, but personally I have looked into them and have thought about trying to get one in the future.
I understand but you gotta judge cars properly. You don't buy an S4 JUST for performance, if you just want to go fast you buy a sports car, if you want a powerful luxury car, you get an S4, or an M5, etc. For how luxurious and refined and safe the S4 is, it's not a bad performer at all, but some people have a very narrow outlook on how they judge cars.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #45
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
when you say a 13 second car is slow you are comparing it to what? I hight HP drag car? a 200,000 supercar? or a sub 30k DD? I dont see any reasoning behind it. The S4 was never ever marketed as a monster on the street, Put it next to cars that were.. EVO, STi, SRTs.... and you have a car that keeps up or beats. For the rest of the ignorant car world, the people who buy for status. This car is going to be enjoyable. Now for guys like Deb I guess with a highly modded early model hes not going to be happy with the stock performance.

But again, Ive said it before. No one is agruing opinions. You have all yet again turned a playful admittance into a pissing contest. Way to go. This is why we as a social group have zero respect within the entire tunining community.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #46
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
since when is 13.7 not exactly fast for a factory car?

since there are 60k cars going mid to low 11's

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #47
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
What cars are these....that are in the same class as an S4?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #48
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post

But the S4 is the only one of them that has AWD as far as I am aware, and that is a big selling point for some.

I don't understand when people look ONLY at performance figures, there is more to a car than that.

you say you dont understand why people look only for performance and use awd for an example on non performance? im confused. all those cars probably have very similar comfort features. you argument is terrible and confusing at the same time.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #49
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
you say you dont understand why people look only for performance and use awd for an example on non performance? im confused. all those cars probably have very similar comfort features. you argument is terrible and confusing at the same time.
Some want AWD for reassurance in wet and snow, not cornering. And sorry but an M3 is not nearly as comfortable as an S4, I didn't even have to drive one but I sat it in and the seats were nothing like the Audi's.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #50
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Some want AWD for reassurance in wet and snow, not cornering. And sorry but an M3 is not nearly as comfortable as an S4, I didn't even have to drive one but I sat it in and the seats were nothing like the Audi's.
anyone thinking awd is the savior in the wet and snow is a jackass imo, nothing tires cant fix on any rwd car. i know guys well into the 11's daily driving their rwd cars with no problems.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #51
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
anyone thinking awd is the savior in the wet and snow is a jackass imo, nothing tires cant fix on any rwd car. i know guys well into the 11's daily driving their rwd cars with no problems.
Again, not a fair comparison. There are people out there, just a few, who buy the S4, who don't want to deal with swapping tires, who don't care about 1/4 mile times, they just want a comfortable performance car that they can drive every day without any issues.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #52
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Again, not a fair comparison. There are people out there, just a few, who buy the S4, who don't want to deal with swapping tires, who don't care about 1/4 mile times, they just want a comfortable performance car that they can drive every day without any issues.

and thats fine but to say its fast going 13's imo is a joke.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #53
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
and thats fine but to say its fast going 13's imo is a joke.
Everyone has their own definition of fast, my mid 14 second car feels fast to me. With the gearing the S4 has, the comfort, build quality, and drivability it's a spectacular car even for 60k, you can't say that everyone who buys a v8 S4 is a sucker who doesn't know cars. The 4.2 engine is great, its very torquey and smooth, I was delivering an 04 convertible from auction some time ago, and cruising the turnpike at 70 in 6th I had no problem passing people without changing gear or going WOT, and it wasn't just a slow pass either. They are great cars, I don't understand what the debate is about, I am willing to bet that half of the people talking them down have never even driven one.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #54
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Everyone has their own definition of fast, my mid 14 second car feels fast to me. With the gearing the S4 has, the comfort, build quality, and drivability it's a spectacular car even for 60k, you can't say that everyone who buys a v8 S4 is a sucker who doesn't know cars. The 4.2 engine is great, its very torquey and smooth, I was delivering an 04 convertible from auction some time ago, and cruising the turnpike at 70 in 6th I had no problem passing people without changing gear or going WOT, and it wasn't just a slow pass either. They are great cars, I don't understand what the debate is about, I am willing to bet that half of the people talking them down have never even driven one.
who said they were a sucker? i just said the car isnt fast..thats MY opinion. you have yours and i have mine..its what makes the car world cool. then we get a bunch of different ideas instead of the same ****. i just dont think the car is fast.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #55
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
who said they were a sucker? i just said the car isnt fast..thats MY opinion. you have yours and i have mine..its what makes the car world cool. then we get a bunch of different ideas instead of the same ****. i just dont think the car is fast.
Quote:
That kinda sounded like "well who would buy a cara for 60k that only goes 13s"

For what it is, it's a pretty quick car IMO.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #56
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
HaiV8s4areslowanddonthandlewellkbai
Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #57
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
isnt this thread called v-8 s4's are kinda quick?

leave it to the dudes who only care about 1/4 miles times to start talking **** because they dont run 11s from the factory.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #58
OWENthatsmyname
Tri-State Addict

Member #55

My Ride:

Send a message via AIM to OWENthatsmyname
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
isnt this thread called v-8 s4's are kinda quick?

leave it to the dudes who only care about 1/4 miles times to start talking **** because they dont run 11s from the factory.
isnt being quick mostly about 1/4 mile? well in the sense of this thread it was.

Complimenting a car on being faster than one expected in a lil roll race........... straight line.

ha this thread needs to end.
cool S4's are quick.
Cool there are other alternatives.
Cool S4's aren't considered fast to some people....... myself included.
Cool S4's do some things better than other cars........ it has AWD?

O and people with euro cars have certain attitudes and are easily stereotyped................................. wtf? k bye bbq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OWENthatsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #59
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96
The B5-B8 S4's are not race car's, There entire build purpose was for a completely different target group of people. Than say the Evo, Sti, Srt-4, Corvette. The designers where looking at the middle aged white collar business group making at least 70+plus thousand a year. They are built to be comfortable and safe with some modest performance.

Yes, the 2.7tt is more difficult engine to work on, requires more maintenance, more expensive to maintain, etc. I can see Audi's decision to switch to the 4.2l, a very reliable engine, that makes decent power. Enough to please most.

For those who want to make an Audi "fast". I would recommend the B5, the 2.7tt block is indestructible, upgrade to set of Rs6/ko4's, Rs4 clutch, injectors,fuel pump, downpipes, exhaust, divertor valves and new MAF with a good tune, and you have the possibility of close to 500hp. I have driven these cars. I can only say one word. HOLYF%*##KINGSH#TBALLSS, is it fast. And at the same time, if you get stuck in traffic you don't hate your left leg, or you have your entire family in the 4 door saloon, they would never know this car is capable of trapping 120+mph.

The new S4 the 3.0t, Supercharged. It will be interesting. I have driven the new A6 3.0t and it is okay. Feels to have bit more balls than the old 3.2l. But once again I am hearing rumors that the 3.0t will be much more responsive to upgrades as the old 2.7tt were. We shall see.

The RS4, its a glorified S4. With twice the braking power and handeling. Yes you can rev. to 8,500 rpm on a V8. Witch honestly is a weird feeling. When I looked down in the middle of a third gear pull and usually I shift by engine noise. Well I thought the engine was at redline and than looked to dash tach and realized I still had another 2,500rpm to go. Again a fun car. 80k. I don't know. But if your audi enthusist. Its your money.

The R8, the 4.2l model. Same horsepower rating as the RS4, only thing different. Dry sump oil system, and a different intake manifold with twin TB. The car feels and sounds like a true race car. Its no carrera GT but 2nd gear down low coming out a sharp corner will, I repeat will keep you pinned your fully power swede insert R8 embroidered seat. It truly is an amazing car. I would love to get a chance in the V-10. Hopefully.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.
gtsiawd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #60
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8drifter86 View Post
isnt being quick mostly about 1/4 mile? well in the sense of this thread it was.

Complimenting a car on being faster than one expected in a lil roll race........... straight line.

ha this thread needs to end.
cool S4's are quick.
Cool there are other alternatives.
Cool S4's aren't considered fast to some people....... myself included.
Cool S4's do some things better than other cars........ it has AWD?

O and people with euro cars have certain attitudes and are easily stereotyped................................. wtf? k bye bbq
well when you take Cleanneons argument it looks bad...

but he was the only one to claim they were fast...

kind of quick. which they are in stock form. in relative terms to actual modded and drag cars, they arent fast at all. but they werent made to be turned into 1/4 mile cars...

i would consider my car slow. 15 sec 1/4 mile is slow....13s is kinda quick to 95% of people (the other 5% being people who only care about `1/4 mile times.

Last edited by SpEcRv9; 01-04-2009 at 07:22 PM.
SpEcRv9 is offline   Reply With Quote