TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #81
DRiFT_QUEENx0
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7914

My Ride:
i dont have one )=

Send a message via AIM to DRiFT_QUEENx0
did anyone listen to the part where the guy moaned like the guy in the car? sorry i thought that was kinda funny.. i know im horrible... yeah racin is deadly, but whats not in these dayss?? im not saying i do, i dont even have a car lol.. but its the peoples own fault who are stupid about it.. you should know if ur car needs to be on a track to be safe racing.. and if you know its too powerful, but still do it anyways, your stupid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DRiFT_QUEENx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #82
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

lol at your avatar

street racing is bad
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #83
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesupra94 View Post
He probably knew thats what the supra did to win in the fast and furious

I can't stand how people get preacy about something like this either.
In general, How come society feels the need to blame the action rather than the person? The Least Common denominator in all these cases is stupidity, which usually goes hand in hand with making mistakes.

Anything, including street racing, is as safe or as dangerous as the parties involved choose to make it. They both had the choice to back out at any time during the whole ordeal.

Two people on an empty road isn't all that different from being on the track, other than a helmet and an ambulance on standby, which 99.99 perecnt of the time, don't help. There's always that .01% which is comprised of stupidity and/or freak incidents beyond any bit of normal control, and this was not the latter.

It's a shame innocent parties were involved here,
agreed 100%
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #84
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpendOne View Post
Gone way before the cops roll around.
you street race??!?!? nooooo.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #85
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
you street race??!?!? nooooo.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
SpendOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #86
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Send a message via AIM to screamingdsm
i just raced tonight..... ON THE STREET!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #87
AngeloAJC
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5910

I wear a harness...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #88
wsirianni
Tri-State Addict

Member #6870

My Ride:
2005 subaru sti

Send a message via AIM to wsirianni
im not gonna lie ive street raced multiple times in the past but and now that ive seen that video im gonna slow down a bit it just never occurs to u when ur in a race that all it takes is for one thing to go wrong and when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time.... im out im slowin the hell down and takin it to the track.... couldnt imagine if i had to get that call and the person hurt was a family member....
wsirianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #89
Instigator1225
Tri-State Addict

Member #6848

My Ride:
hate mobile.

Street racing get a bad rep due to the retards who watch the F&f movies. If the general population was a bit smarter you probibly would never hear about street racing.
Instigator1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #90
enigma
Tri-State Addict

Member #2659

My Ride:
Hoopties galore

Send a message via AIM to enigma
Mistakes happen all the time, its just a matter of the 5w's that determine the outcome of those mistakes.
The difference between a puckered asshole, and a deadly accident is a chance.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #91
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
I don't see how the driver is responsible for that dumbass crossing into on coming traffic... If anyone of us get caught drag racing, they just fine the **** out of us and take our license. But since some ****tard crossed over the line, the other guy is held responsible for the others actions???? righttttt. Thats like me telling you to jump off a bridge and u do it, then charge me with murder. The only time they make a big deal about it is when there are crashes. Once there is a crash, the Law thinks they have to show off to the public. I ask this question.... Why the **** am i responsible for someone elses actions??? I am only responsible for my actions. I was drag racing. I was driving wrecklessly, carelessly, and didn't care about the loss of human life at the time. But I am not responsible for someone else.
Cleanneon (4:51:38 PM): guys find a vag, start bangin it, forget their friends
Cleanneon (4:52:00 PM): 2 months (usually less) later the vag finds another douchebag, and your friends want nothing to do with you
Keeper1343 (4:52:07 PM): lol
Cleanneon (4:52:07 PM): on top of which it hurts you to pee
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #92
mechanikdan
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8502

My Ride:
98 prelude, 93 Q45, 93 240sx, 90 240sx, 91 240sx vert, hyundai accent, mazda 6, 2010 subaru impreza

You young guys talk all this talk about it wont happen to me or im safe while i race etc... let me tell you from a career tuner. 38 and been in it from 16 hell my first car was at 14. It doesnt matter about your driving skill or lack there of. I can vouch most of the guys who think they can drive cant. We find that out all the time at the Redline Events. Even still. I have seen some of my friends crash hard at speed due to mechanical failure. Tire casing over heats and bang, rear cv joint busts, bang instant right turn into wall at 80 plus. tie rod snap, rod end failure, etc.... it happens so fast. my formula atlantic injury happened so fast but i still live with the daily pain in my back due to slamming my tailbone into the ground at 100 mph plus. its the fact as we get older, have families etc... we understand what it would be like to go to work and not ever see your wife or kid again and know its due to something like this. All im saying is be careful. We had a street racing death a few weeks ago here. A guy racing a supercharged civic, back road, hills and a pole. Didnt work out for him too well... I still get the urge all the time. I just look the other way and keep driving.
mechanikdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #93
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

Send a message via ICQ to Twinz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubjinc View Post
here is an example of how not to street race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAjwoO5wR0E
wow they both drive like complete a holes that is what causes major accidents cause if one of the other cars trys to get outta your way or something your done..but i would have to say i am impressed with their driving...too bad people like that just dont try to do it professionally, being able to move like that could be real good in a street type race course..they deff know how to drive their cars hard..
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #94
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
Iz lub ta wace ta speedz wike a hondred on za dailee.

haha god 12 at night is boring.

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #95
Soda Popinski
Tri-State Addict

Member #8608

My Ride:
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T

Send a message via AIM to Soda Popinski
I think a lot of people missed some of the point to this video. 2 cars in a street race, if one driver crashes (on his own, even) and dies, the other driver can be held accountable for it, because he wouldn't have been racing by himself.

And to the people who think it's ok if it's just you, and another driver willfully putting themselves in danger, what if a pedestrian runs out into the road unexpectedly. What if a child on a bike wanders out and gets hit. Was it his fault for getting in the way? What if you crash, who is responsible for paying the property damage? What if someone on the ambulance crew gets hurt trying to rush out to save your ass?

You can't predict random chance variables in life. What if that tie rod snaps in some random freak way, and your car does a right turn into the other car or a building or house. Tracks are designed to help minimize those chances. The street was not intended to be that way our there would be white painted tires bound up on all the streets to protect your ass.

It's like texting while driving, driving tired, or just breaking any driving law. You are willingly putting yourself and others in danger for a little fun, but no one ever wants to be held responsible.

Last edited by Soda Popinski; 09-19-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Soda Popinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #96
Racersky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1349

My Ride:
Mr. Septa Bus

I'm not gonna lie either....when I was younger I would street race all the time and now I just can't stop learning the concepts of time attacking at the track. Like what everyone says nowadays if you race take it to the track....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
Racersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #97
Instigator1225
Tri-State Addict

Member #6848

My Ride:
hate mobile.

this whole thread makes me lol... hard.
Instigator1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #98
GHost240SX
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
wow they both drive like complete a holes that is what causes major accidents cause if one of the other cars trys to get outta your way or something your done..but i would have to say i am impressed with their driving...too bad people like that just dont try to do it professionally, being able to move like that could be real good in a street type race course..they deff know how to drive their cars hard..
thing is driving like that on a high way doesn't constitute street racing. Street racing is a 1/4 mi drag period. It's not a circuit, its not weaving in and out of traffic. If anything that video demonstrated a slalom with moving cones (the cars).

Plus those guys were asshats.
GHost240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #99
TooFizzle
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7820

My Ride:
1989 RHS13

On a deserted road at night with everybody at the start line, sure it's fine. But weaving in and out of traffic and onto the oncoming traffic lane in the midday is the stupidest thing you could do.
TooFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote