TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

The serious street racers that set stuff up ahead time to run on the street dont even run on public streets half the time, at least around here its normally in industrial parks or down roads with a bunch of shops that arent open at night time were maybe the average car driving threw is like 1. I know philly is completely different people are always driving down the roads they use, but once you start moving outwards people get a bit smarter. Like most of you said as long as its just you an the other person that are in danger if something goes wrong not drivers coming along, most the guys that run extremely quick cars on the street think the same way that i know.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
I agree with everyone. I am not saying don't street race its wrong completely. Street racing is fine in my book if it is done without others around you, but when it is done in a neighborhood, what the **** were you thinking?! I will be honest, I do speed, but never more than 10mph over the speed limit,and never do I speed through neighborhoods. Yes I may go pretty fast on an interstate, but usually there aren't other cars around me. At high speeds, anything can happen. Ball joint can snap, tire can blow out, brake line could bust when you start braking.

Overall, if you are going to street race, do it so no one else is around you.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #23
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

you can always street race in a parking lot, first one to hit the curb wins, lol
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #24
slowacura
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1570

My Ride:
1995 Dropped Explorer

eh, street racing ok in certain areas. If its done in traffic or down busy roads then those people are gay. Do it in the back neck roads!
slowacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #25
dubjinc
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4368

My Ride:
93' civic

here is an example of how not to street race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAjwoO5wR0E
dubjinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #26
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubjinc View Post
here is an example of how not to street race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TAjwoO5wR0E
Thats normal driving in Russia. Thats in Russia from the looks of it.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #27
272sWrx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #281

Send a message via AIM to 272sWrx
yeah, thats not crazy at all. I have seen insane racing in moscow.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #28
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 272sWrx View Post
yeah, thats not crazy at all. I have seen insane racing in moscow.
I remember seeing a video a while back of Honda's just racing through Moscow. They would pass people on the shoulder and everything, it was pretty crazy. I remember when I went to Russia, and I went through Moscow to go to my home town; I was completely shocked by how people drive. No one cares about the dividing lanes, stop lights, or signs.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #29
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
I have my fun with my car and with others. I know my limits and do not know the limits of others. Thats why I barely push beyond a certain level. And usually that bar is set pretty darn low and pretty close to the speed limit. My fun comes on back roads and corners. PA has a ton of fun roads to drive carefully but with some spirit. Anything, such as the strip of road mentioned in this video, should be off limits to the type of stunts they pulled. Stay in your lane, have fun accelerating, but be responsible to those around you for gods sake!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #30
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Send a message via AIM to Willdue
street racing is stupid, end of thread.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #31
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdue View Post
street racing is stupid, end of thread.
QFT.

Espically down in this area too, since there are TONS of tracks, SCCA events, and other legal locations to drive hard, and in 100% controlled environments.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #32
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

Send a message via AIM to sherwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
i used to street race. i came out okay.

people say dont smoke cigarettes, its just as deadly. you are putting people at risk because of things YOU do.
so i smoke and used to street race...i guess im ****ed.
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #33
garrettej8
Tri-State Addict

Member #1793

My Ride:
2008 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3

Send a message via AIM to garrettej8
the only people I envy as a "street racer" is ghostrider from the ghostrider in stockholm movies. oh and mr. x from getaway in stockholm. I doubt anyone died because of their acts either because they're extremely surgical with cars/bikes.

2008 MAZDASPEED 3
- COBB SRI, CS INSERTS /// 14.2@104 FWD FTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2000 VSM CIVIC COUPE
stolen

CANON
garrettej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #34
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hando567 View Post
Yeah i think street racing is fine, as long as the only ones that could be hurt are the ones that are involved and they understand what the consequences could be, however what they did is just dumb, mid-day in traffic? WTF were they thinking? Not to mention why did the guy driving the lambo go into oncoming traffic?
I agree with you man.

lol I guess you can say, street racing is my crack & I'm always lookin for a dealer. lol

OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
I agree with you man.

lol I guess you can say, street racing is my crack & I'm always lookin for a dealer. lol
Maybe thats why nobody takes your car club seriously. Great minds think alike and you guys dont fall into the bunch
Old 06-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #36
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Street racing... it will always be around. No matter how many kids die, how many cars trashed, or how many innocents die, it will always be around.

My brother died acting stupid in 2001. I guess you can say it opened my eyes to what could happen if I raced, but that's the penalty he got for acting stupid. I'm probably one of the VERY few 22 year old's who can say that I never street raced, ever.

It doesn't matter if a mother looses a song, or a grandfather looses a grandson, or a brother looses a brother, people will do it anyways. My mother speaks at Liberty High School nearly every year about racing in hopes that NO family has to go through what my family did. I can say that if you do end up doing it, do it where you can hurt no one but yourself. Just think, before you decide to do it, if something bad that happens, the people closes to you will mourn you for the rest of their life.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
pulser9
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #4107

My Ride:
2003 wrx VF30

How the **** are they going to try and charge him with the guy in the lambos death thats absaloutly rediculus. Keep it on the track. Its more fun anyway you get your times and all, can tune your car.
pulser9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #38
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Maybe thats why nobody takes your car club seriously. Great minds think alike and you guys dont fall into the bunch
Oh no you didn't...

Mostly no one from SO does that, so don't preach what you don't know.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #39
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
If you're gonna do it, make sure that no one else is involved. It's one thing to cause your own death but to hurt other people because of your actions is a totally different matter. I personally, have never raced because my car is far to slow to be competitive, but I have been in cars with racers and wanna be racers and just remember your passenger too. Don't try to be cool because some dude pulls up next to your (insert car here) in their super awesome (insert their car here) and race them with your friend, brother, sister, mother, or whoever in the car with you.

Anyways the decision is yours and I will not bad mouth street racers or condone it, just remeber that your actions can affect those that are outside of the vehicle as well. Also if your gonna try to race someone, make sure no one is around and you're on a road where no one can pull out in front of you and put your damn seatbelt on. If you race smart street racing can be safe, but it's the people who don't think and just act without weighing the benefits with the consequences who are the ones who hurt others and get hurt.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #40
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
If you're gonna do it, make sure that no one else is involved. It's one thing to cause your own death but to hurt other people because of your actions is a totally different matter. I personally, have never raced because my car is far to slow to be competitive, but I have been in cars with racers and wanna be racers and just remember your passenger too. Don't try to be cool because some dude pulls up next to your (insert car here) in their super awesome (insert their car here) and race them with your friend, brother, sister, mother, or whoever in the car with you.

Anyways the decision is yours and I will not bad mouth street racers or condone it, just remeber that your actions can affect those that are outside of the vehicle as well. Also if your gonna try to race someone, make sure no one is around and you're on a road where no one can pull out in front of you and put your damn seatbelt on. If you race smart street racing can be safe, but it's the people who don't think and just act without weighing the benefits with the consequences who are the ones who hurt others and get hurt.
Right on brother.