TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
The "weekend" car...2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG...OMG new license plate!

I started looking for a replacement for my crossfire way back in the end of 2006, with the intention of picking something up around the beginning of summer 2007. The crossfire was due back in August of 2007, and I was still stuck in the 2-seat small car phase. As most people know, the crossfire is based on the Mercedes R170 (1997-2004) SLK chassis, with the SLK320 engine. Well, I was never a fan of that generation SLK, in fact I really didn't like the car at all. However, right around the time the crossfire came out, the new generation R171 SLK was released, with the SLK320 replaced by the SLK350, and I really liked it. The crossfire would have been such a better car with the 3.5L engine, but it was DaimlerChrysler's way of getting rid of the older SLK parts. So, being that I was driving a reskinned SLK for 3 years, I began looking into the newer SLK as a replacement when the time was right. I drove an old Chrysler LeBaron convertible when I was in HS, and I started to miss having a convertible after I got rid of it, so the appeal of the SLK being a hard-top convertible was even greater.

Anyway, I shopped around for about 3 months, exploring my options in the limited market of 2-seat hard-top convertibles, and I set my sights on the SLK55 AMG. I did like the crossfire while I had it, but I always wished it had the performance of the SRT-6. Well, I didn't want to have the same feeling with the SLK, so I went straight to the top. I test drove the car back in January, and after a lot of debate, put down a refundable deposit to order one on February 19th. I missed the end of the 2007 orders for new production by less than a week, so I was stuck waiting for the 2008's to begin. The original estimate was early/mid June build, with delivery in July. As it got closer, it became the first week of July as the build date, with an early August delivery. I called the dealer the first week of July, and to my dismay I found out that the build date was pushed back to August 13th, which would mean an early/mid September delivery. Well, I got pretty fed up at that point, and began exploring other options for a more practical car.

As evident by my DD thread, I ended up leasing another car that I could use every day under any conditions, and figured I'd just wait until next spring to pick up the "fun" car. Well, I went back into the MB dealer the next weekend, only to find out that my car was already built and on the water, ETA into port on 8/6. The car arrived at the dealer last Friday, and I went back and forth on whether or not I should still get it. I was basically getting a brand new, ordered to spec, first of the 08's for invoice price, so it was just too good to pass up. I took delivery on Monday, 8/13.

Well, here it is, my 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG, Caspian Blue w/ Black/Ash two-tone Nappa Leather interior:

Options:
Premium II Package
Lighting Package (Bi-Xenons)
Airscarf
Digital Automatic Climate Control

I plan to do some work to it down the road, perhaps by spring time, but for now I'm back to saving every dollar I can...

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by WhiteXFire; 12-25-2007 at 06:36 AM.
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
freebmx444
Tri-State Addict

Member #1929

droool
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM   #3
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
not sure i feel about the front of the car but the back is just flat out sexy as hell. cant really go wrong with AMG so nice pickup. that blue is beautiful as well. enjoy!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
not sure i feel about the front of the car but the back is just flat out sexy as hell. cant really go wrong with AMG so nice pickup. that blue is beautiful as well. enjoy!
As much as several of my friends were unsure about the car from pictures, they all think it's amazing in person. I can honestly say that the car looks much better in person than in pictures, especially when the paint changes colors from every different angle!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 AM   #5
Oreo931
Tri-State Addict

Member #5299

My Ride:
1995 Volvo 850 T5-R

Send a message via AIM to Oreo931
which MB dealer did you pick this up from? my dad just got an 07 cls 550 and he *almost* bought what looks like the exact same car you posted. He bought his at mecedes in west chester pa. It really is a gorgeous color though, especially in person. Im jealous lol.

edit: nvm, just read what you actually wrote. the one he was looking at was an 07 but it was identical to yours. nice car.

Oreo931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:58 AM   #6
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo931 View Post
which MB dealer did you pick this up from? my dad just got an 07 cls 550 and he *almost* bought what looks like the exact same car you posted. He bought his at mecedes in west chester pa. It really is a gorgeous color though, especially in person. Im jealous lol.

edit: nvm, just read what you actually wrote. the one he was looking at was an 07 but it was identical to yours. nice car.
Oh, that one, I had a deposit on that one too at one point, haha. When I was looking back in February, I found that one and went to look at it in West Chester. It didn't have the lighting package and it had the annoying 6-disc CD changer, which basically eliminates the glovebox. They weren't giving me nearly a good enough deal on it for me to want it over ordering a new one, especially after it had been sitting on the lot for several months, so I told them nevermind. I saw it online last month for about 3K less than they were trying to sell it to me for...

I got mine in Princeton, great dealer so far based on my experiences.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
MPowerKai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1011

My Ride:
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to MPowerKai
I love the seats
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #8
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

50 million times better than the crossfire

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteXFire View Post
The crossfire was due back in August of 2007,
Your Crossfire was leased? Is this new Mercedes leased? How does that affect modification decisions?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
HKS83
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2993

Are you balding by any chance? Have a small dick?
HKS83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
Very, very nice. Can't wait until it's "broken in" so I can drive it

TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrboChicsRock View Post
Very, very nice. Can't wait until it's "broken in" so I can drive it
He shouldve just let you do that for him! I know you tried too! lol

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #13
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
He shouldve just let you do that for him! I know you tried too! lol
I know... I had the keys, I definitely could have!

TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
it is definitely a nice car, looks awesome in person and sounds mean as hell.
I think he bought this one, not a lease.

I think he should do headers and an exhaust IMMEDIATELY

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #15
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

Where are the blinds...and sink?

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #16
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

get i an inch lower and your done...

Vince@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
Quote:

lol seriously.

I think you should trade the SLK in for this when it comes out, Marc....

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/80...hanks-fly.html

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
that took me an easy 10 minutes to get, and then i laughed
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
BradC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1083

My Ride:
Boosted NA/2000 SAAB 9-5

Send a message via AIM to BradC
what is an "air scarf"?

Hiring anyone where you work? ;)
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #20
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Quote:
Haha, Bill's dad asked the same thing. All in due time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET02WRX View Post
Your Crossfire was leased? Is this new Mercedes leased? How does that affect modification decisions?
This is purchased, not leased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
lol seriously.

I think you should trade the SLK in for this when it comes out, Marc....

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/80...hanks-fly.html
There are a lot of crazy things coming out in the next 3 years, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
what is an "air scarf"?
If you look at the last pic with the seats, you'll see the little vent under each of the headrests. Just like the heated seats, there is a 3-stage temp control that blows warm/hot air over your neck and shoulders, automatically adjusting to the driving speed.

Last edited by WhiteXFire; 08-17-2007 at 11:49 AM.