TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #461
Brianb351
Tri-State Addict

Member #22177

My Ride:
2007 Subaru STi Limited

The best part of this event (and ones like it), for me, is seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. I , for one, had a great time this year and will be back next year(assuming im still living in the area). I love the fact that it is a "meet" and not a "show". At shows, i always end up babysitting my car for the first hour and a half waiting to talk to a judge(s). Then, i find myself board for the last hour and a half as i wait to see if i won my class. It leaves very little time to see the other cars and enjoy myself. With this event, i didnt feel obligated to arrive by a certain time or stay any longer than i wanted to. And again, thanks to those who put the work in to set the whole thing up.
2007 STi Limited #089/800
Cosworth Internals, Blouch 20G-XT, 441whp/423wtq
2007 Legacy 2.5i limited. (New daily driver)
2003 Outback Sport (totalled by Superstorm Sandy)
Brianb351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #462
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Troll you should seriously consider a burnout contest next year, also there's a mall some where local (can't remember right now) that has been closed for years and they use it for auto cross its a huge venue, ill ask our road race guy next time he comes in and message you the details

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #463
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
1) I'm surprised the pot smoking was so offensive to so many people. I guess it's not going to be legalized in PA any time soon. Sure it was probably the wrong venue for it but still. (No I was not smoking and yes I was there with a young child who I can assure you gave zero ****s about the pot smoking).
you do realize that if it is legalized, you still cant just go walking around smoking a blunt or hitting a pipe right?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #464
dcwiker05
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14768

My Ride:
1995 Impreza WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I wanted to make a separate post here to thank everyone who came out to the meet and contributed to what this event is about... bringing the car community better for a fun positive day, and also raising a ton of money to grant wishes for local Make-A-Wish children. These are kids right in our area who have attended our meets in the past, and we had "Wish Families" at the event this year also which is so awesome.

Reading through this thread there's a lot more of the bad being discussed even though it was a small part of a much bigger day that had a ton of positive and good in it. I know people get caught up in talking about the negatives but I hope that those who weren't at the event realize that this is a great successful event, with some glitches that are a minor part of the bigger picture. (Almost) Everyone comes out and has a great time, and looks forward to this event each year. So for the guys who were there, lets talk about our favorite positive memories from the event too, eh?
Over all yes, it was a great success and like I said, only one of two events I make a point of going to every year I'm able, great cars and a majority great crowd that drives them. I sent you a PM and hope that I can help out for next year's event if you need help. I'd really like to see this event continue and grow year after year, and I think one year in the near future we can get it to the point where no one has any real negatives to say besides it ended too soon lol. Either way I'll be there next year and every year probably until someone ruins it for all of us.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk HD
dcwiker05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #465
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
Troll you should seriously consider a burnout contest next year, also there's a mall some where local (can't remember right now) that has been closed for years and they use it for auto cross its a huge venue, ill ask our road race guy next time he comes in and message you the details
Give it up. Not going to happen.

Troll thanks for putting this event together and thanks volunteers. I can't imagine how exhausted you guys were after the event. Even I was from just walking around and watching cars go by. Even though it may have been a pain coming in and leaving, it at least allowed your car to be seen by everyone near the rope just standing there.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #466
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

All the complaining lol. TST isn't a community. It's just a forum to argue. I guess that's why no one really posts here anymore except the same people who like to argue with each other.

My girlfriend and I enjoyed the food a lot. Unfortunately that cheesecake on the stick was sold out by the time we got to it.

VIP parking did exactly what I wanted it to. I got there a little after 12 and parked easily. I left around 2:00, but I was able to get out relatively quickly since I was already close to the entrance.

I don't care if people smoke pot. I don't care if people do burnouts. I'll let the people hosting the show worry about that stuff. It's very liberating
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #467
xdrift0rx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17727

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX-7

Thanks for putting on the event! It was a blast. It's an interesting sensation looking at each persons taste and style of cars. That is the beauty of this event. Everything from $500 beaters on cut springs to a SSC ultimate aero. I hope next year you can find a better venue. The one entrance/exit is a bottleneck for the current location. Sonic flowed much better due to so many ways to move around, but at the same time that meant more room for burnouts and people to get hurt. I'm sure the 2014 meet will be even better!

My one recommendation, many of us travel over an hour away to get there. With all the traffic it was kind of hard to find the park. Next election season someone should snatch up those little "VOTE FOR ME" signs and repurpose them as guides to point us towards the meet .
xdrift0rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #468
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I wanted to make a separate post here to thank everyone who came out to the meet and contributed to what this event is about... bringing the car community together for a fun positive day that everyone looks forward to all year, and also raising a ton of money to grant wishes for local Make-A-Wish children. These are kids right in our area who have attended our meets in the past, and we had "Wish Families" at the event this year also which is so awesome.

Reading through this thread there's a lot more of the bad being discussed even though it was a small part of a much bigger day that had a ton of positive and good in it. I know people get caught up in talking about the negatives but I hope that those who weren't at the event realize that this is a great successful event, with some glitches that are a minor part of the bigger picture. (Almost) Everyone comes out and has a great time, and looks forward to this event each year. So for the guys who were there, lets talk about our favorite positive memories from the event too, eh?

Overall I had a good time, some really nice cars showed up this year. However, after coming out since the first one, I will not be coming, in the future, including my friends, unless the burnouts and illegal activies are stopped. I have no interest being around that kind of dumb **** and neither do others.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 04-24-2013 at 12:16 PM.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #469
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
Overall I had a good time, some really nice cars showed up this year. However, after coming out since the first one, I will not be coming, in the future, including my friends, unless the burnouts and illegal activies are stopped. I have no interest being around that kind of dumb **** and neither do others.
I had a good time also, but I doubt I'll be going to the next one if the burnouts and whatever other illegal activities were going on are kept under control. I drove almost 2hrs to come to this.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #470
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickRocket1258 View Post
Give it up. Not going to happen.
While I can agree I also disagree. We had a burnout contest at a large meet in my area before and the cops were there watching lol.

It's all about who owns the property and what they will allow. If it is a place of autox and such you never know if they will say ok since the pavement gets beat up anyway.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #471
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
While I can agree I also disagree. We had a burnout contest at a large meet in my area before and the cops were there watching lol.

It's all about who owns the property and what they will allow. If it is a place of autox and such you never know if they will say ok since the pavement gets beat up anyway.
unless its at a track or behind cement barriers, jersey barriers, I can't imagine it happening legally with a crowd of 2,000+. Liability being a far superior concern then damage to the pavement. All you need is one of these to happen with a crowd around. yea good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by grimm; 04-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #472
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
You couldn't even come to the event and not do a burnout. When you can do that you can make suggestions.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #473
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
You couldn't even come to the event and not do a burnout. When you can do that you can make suggestions.
was it in the $5k mustache miata?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #474
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
I didn't see anyone who had alcohol.
I picked up some Coors Lite glass bottles in the general parking area closest to Bristol. If you are going to drink at least have the decency to not throw your glass bottles on the ground. The trash was pretty easy to find.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #475
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@R/TTuning View Post
I picked up some Coors Lite glass bottles in the general parking area closest to Bristol. If you are going to drink at least have the decency to not throw your glass bottles on the ground. The trash was pretty easy to find.
Thanks Eric, we need more spectators like you who actually care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #476
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Thanks Eric, we need more spectators like you who actually care.
I care but I can see why other spectators wouldn't care.. because the staff doesn't.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #477
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
I care but I can see why other spectators wouldn't care.. because the staff doesn't.
Its not that the staff doesn't care its that our hands at tied when it comes to enforcing rules upon the people who don't follow them. Just taping someone on the wrist and saying no-no dont do a burn out is a joke, and kicking them out is a bit week when they are exiting via 1000ft of "burn out row".

If TsT is to return to this location I assume TsT will be paying for a major police presence next time, not just informing the local PD that there's an event happening and we would appreciate their help/presence.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #478
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I would gladly donate previous to the meet towards police and other funds.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #479
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Its not that the staff doesn't care its that our hands at tied when it comes to enforcing rules upon the people who don't follow them. Just taping someone on the wrist and saying no-no dont do a burn out is a joke, and kicking them out is a bit week when they are exiting via 1000ft of "burn out row".

If TsT is to return to this location I assume TsT will be paying for a major police presence next time, not just informing the local PD that there's an event happening and we would appreciate their help/presence.
Same thing happened last year and every year before that. People did burnouts when entering too. They should have been turned away immediately. I am by no means trying to bad mouth the staff, but more could have been done than saying don't do that. Like I said, overall I had a good time, but with the crap of drugs, alcohol and burnout, no thanks.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 04-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #480
morla
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16045

My Ride:
'06 Evo SE, '99 Integra, '97 Q45

I was able to get out a little bit this year (got out of work early) I'll just say I should have just stayed and made some extra dollars. The show was a bunch of rice and crap this year. Of all the cars, there were only a handful that were quality cars. It's nothing that any staff can do about it. But it just wasn't worth the time. Here is some of the coverage I got, but as I said. It was a lot of ****ty cars and hard to find many nice cars.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9504616...7633306488348/

morla is offline   Reply With Quote