TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

FMIC Gurus

So i swapped my sti top mount for a greddy frount mount, everythings installed and works fine but im having an issue with one of the pipes hitting fuel lines and im unsure what to do about it. This isn't my car but this guy bent his up over his piping but i feel like i would have to do a lot of bending to get it to this point.
Any ideas?

Its right next to the windshield washer fluid tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate1229
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
PoorMan'sR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Thats an APS FMIC in the pic... this pic isnt your car, just representing the issue? Usually some very slight bending will get it to clear, thats what I did on mine with my APS FMIC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Yes, i'm just representing the issue. I couldn't find a picture with the greddy piping, and this showed exactly what i wanted to find out. However i think the greddy piping has a bigger diameter then the APS, at least it looks like that from the picture, i'm just worried about pinching the lines.

Quote:
"I'm sorry what's that? your car's newer? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
clay
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5547

Send a message via AIM to clay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR View Post
Yes, i'm just representing the issue. I couldn't find a picture with the greddy piping, and this showed exactly what i wanted to find out. However i think the greddy piping has a bigger diameter then the APS, at least it looks like that from the picture, i'm just worried about pinching the lines.
its not bigger the pipes are just switched. the pipe to your manifold on your greddy is on the driver side. not the passenger side like the APS. And it is also run over top the fuel lines not under and slightly hitting the hood.

clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
There is a bolt that holds the fuel line brackets to the intake manifold. Unbolt it and bend it a little.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
And it is also run over top the fuel lines not under and slightly hitting the hood.
I know, this what im trying to figure out though, because once those fuel lines are out of the way, the pipe should have room to drop another inch and actually bolt in. So the question is, do we try to bend the lines over the pipe or bend them slightly down more?

Quote:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
PoorMan'sR
Tri-State Addict

Member #7225

My Ride:
2005 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
There is a bolt that holds the fuel line brackets to the intake manifold. Unbolt it and bend it a little.
Alright cool, i'll have to try this after work, I'm just weary of bending them, don't want this to turn into a replacing fuel lines job.

Quote: