TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #41
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:
91 Honda Prelude Si 4WS----- 97 Honda Prelude SH ATTS

Send a message via AIM to Vtecepidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe tom View Post
i absolutely love your car bro, keep up the good work!
thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
Awesome! I love the boxyness of the old preludes.
Nothing better than old school lines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
So awesome. My second favorite prelude generation.
i was gonna guess & bet the 5th is your fav. but then i saw what you drove.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

the '97

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vtecepidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #42
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Started collecting parts for the h22 swap. theres a ton still needed and its just gonna be slow going... but i'll get there.

the '97

Old 10-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #43
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

just a lil update...

Header cracked open again, in almost the same exact spot as last time.

Motors ticking/ rod knocking like a somabitch.

One of my wheel bearings are shot...so there goes $125

I think my rear motor mount bolts came out again, rediculous shudder/vibration is back. Similar as to what was going on last time when i discovered 3 of 4 bolts in the rear mount missing. ****ing rediculous.

Going to pick up a new complete longblock in WestVirginia later this month for only 475. So look for motor swap pics later this month or next month.

IM losing my liscense next month for like 20days.... so there will be a good deal of progress getting done during that time. Speeding tickets = Failz.

taking off the spoiler & prolly debadging the rear.

the '97

Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #44
**Alex**
Tri-State Addict

Member #5581

My Ride:
2002 Mitsu Lancer OZ, 1989 Nissan 240sx

Ha.. I almost know how that Feels.. LOL Back in the day I was 2 points away from getting mines suspended. But thats all cleared up now (Dont drive crazy anymore). Car looks sexy bro keep up the good work. Cleanest Ive ever seen at least. Once motor work is all set and done you should repaint and call it a day.
**Alex** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #45
graffkid732
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8466

My Ride:
350z TT

Sorry to hear about the header. Other then that, car is looking good.
graffkid732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #46
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
i <3 koseis

car looks good man, keep it up

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #47
LevittownMonster
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8770

My Ride:
None

Will the H22 Swap f up the 4ws

the 240sx life. SLIDE the 240sx HO
LevittownMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #48
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Alex** View Post
Ha.. I almost know how that Feels.. LOL Back in the day I was 2 points away from getting mines suspended. But thats all cleared up now (Dont drive crazy anymore). Car looks sexy bro keep up the good work. Cleanest Ive ever seen at least. Once motor work is all set and done you should repaint and call it a day.
Yeah you got lucky. I actually lost mine before for two 15 day periods. Due to having 13 or 15 points. Due to a few small speed violations and two major ones. I was an idiot. plain and simple.

I hadnt gotten a ticket for the last 4.5 years, till now. Cuz i had been keeping it undercontrol, but the ****ty part is i wasnt even trying to **** around. I was just passing some traffic in a small 2lane passing zone So i sped up a lil to make it before it merged again. & just as i pass the last car of like 4... i look over and see the cop. look down at the speedo. & i was like...****.!!!! 86 in a 55.

****ty thing is, i was doing 31 over... if i had been doing 30 over, apparently i wouldnt have lost it. which i didnt find out till i had my hearing. At which point the guy asked me why i didnt try and fight it?

I was like, why would i fight it?? i know i was speeding.. so i paid for it. So it seems if i fought it he said they would have lowered the speed, I still would have gotten the fine, & the points. but i would have attained my liscense.

oh well though, i guess i'll ride the bike to work or bum rides.

& yeah by the time i do the swap, I should be done with all the little projects. So it'll get repainted and that is as you suggested... end of story.

But theres a lot of work between now and there. I'm currently working on installing side markers, & yellow fog lights from a 4th gen prelude.

& eventually i plan on fabricating some flush mount headlights for this car so i can get me some Hid's. After having a Mercedes Hid setup in my old integra, i have a new love for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffkid732 View Post
Sorry to hear about the header. Other then that, car is looking good.
Its being fixed as we speak, & im having her weld some extra metal around the tube to strengthen it so it doesnt happen again. & thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
i <3 koseis

car looks good man, keep it up
Kosei's are so loverly, my only regret... is i wish i had gotten 16's or 17's... these wheels looks great bigger and would have filled up my wheel wells a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevittownMonster View Post
Will the H22 Swap f up the 4ws
Nope. With the duce it will still be able to utilize the 4ws. otherwise i wouldnt do the swap. Id just buy another 2ws shell and turn it into a track car.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

the '97

Old 10-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #49
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Managed to install the sidemarkers today... Removed the spoiler, and trimmed up the front bumper in prep for the 4th gen fog lights.

Some pics my buddy drew took.

the '97

Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #50
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

the '97

Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #51
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
def thumbs up to your hardwork..

what are your intentions for the car? 1/4, autocross, or road course?

also the 4ws doesnt help at highspeed right?

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #52
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
def thumbs up to your hardwork..

what are your intentions for the car? 1/4, autocross, or road course?

also the 4ws doesnt help at highspeed right?
Thanks man... cuz although i dont have a lot of performance & aftermarket parts to make it baller. I've spent a lot of time and money keeping the thing running & updating 17 year old parts.

It takes a certain amount of patience to deal with one of these, as is with most older cars.

My intentions as of now are more towards handling. I dont/havn't done autocross...or tracked the car. I just enjoy a spirited drive through the mountains either by myself or with my buddies on their streetbikes.

Eventually i plan on doing an h22 swap w/ mild bolt ons..and 1/4 tracking it a bit. will be nice to finally be able to take advantage of having a track 45 mins from me.

I dont know how much the 4ws helps at highspeed, i doubt much at all...unless your turning a certain amount the wheels wont turn that much. You'll only really notice it at lower speeds in cornering & tight turning radius's.

the '97

Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #53
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecepidemic View Post
Thanks man... cuz although i dont have a lot of performance & aftermarket parts to make it baller. I've spent a lot of time and money keeping the thing running & updating 17 year old parts.

It takes a certain amount of patience to deal with one of these, as is with most older cars.

My intentions as of now are more towards handling. I dont/havn't done autocross...or tracked the car. I just enjoy a spirited drive through the mountains either by myself or with my buddies on their streetbikes.

Eventually i plan on doing an h22 swap w/ mild bolt ons..and 1/4 tracking it a bit. will be nice to finally be able to take advantage of having a track 45 mins from me.

I dont know how much the 4ws helps at highspeed, i doubt much at all...unless your turning a certain amount the wheels wont turn that much. You'll only really notice it at lower speeds in cornering & tight turning radius's.
i know all about old cars and the skeletons in their closets..makes them more fun though.

i only asked because id ditch it imo...

i had 4ws and i got rid of it and the car handled much better imo. in my case mine was hyd. and was a huge power drain. in yours its mechanical but im sure it has some weight to it. either way kick ass car and keep up the good work.

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #54
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
i know all about old cars and the skeletons in their closets..makes them more fun though.

i only asked because id ditch it imo...

i had 4ws and i got rid of it and the car handled much better imo. in my case mine was hyd. and was a huge power drain. in yours its mechanical but im sure it has some weight to it. either way kick ass car and keep up the good work.
IM not too worried about the weight. the 4ws models are a little harder to come by so i dont wanna get rid of it. I havnt heard anyone saying an actual number on it but im guessing the entire system doesnt weight much more than 50-75lbs.

thanks for the kind words man. much appreciated.

the '97

Old 11-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #55
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

lil update...

Thought the starter was done a week or two back, so i replaced it. Turns out it was the batt. kept the starter & dropped in and extra optima batt i had sitting around.

My header split open again and had to get it rewelded with a plate welded around it to kinda strengthen it. If it breaks again, its getting tossed.

the top tank of the radiator blew open again. No fixing it. Cars been sitting for the last week.

My jeep took a ****, something with the fuel delivery or the ignition... still cant figure it out.

Lost my license for 20 days, starting last friday.

Its actually working out perfectly with how both my cars decided to take a **** at the same time & not being able to drive anyways.

Spending 225 for new (used) wheels & tires for the jeep, wheels are in great condition... tires are about new on 2 of the wheels & 50-75% on the other 2.

Gonna be buying a new motor next month for the prelude, for 475. Just another stock b20a5. just with cam gears. but a lot less mileage and 100% less valve tap & rod knock. That'll be goign in sometime this winter.

the '97

Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #56
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

it is amazing...i actually did something on my day off.

bought the foglight deletes & got ahold of with the wiring connectors i needed for the foglights. Amidst a crazy bad headache that lasted the last 7 hours. I managed to rip apart the front end, take the stock fogs out & put deletes in. Then cut into the fog harness and solder in the wiring for the new fogs.

I still gotta figure out how to mount them cuz i have no brackets for them, but i mock fitted them in the bumper pretty much where they'll be sitting anyways.

the '97

Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #57
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

the '97

Old 12-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #58
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

i know you keep hearing it, but damn.. i really do love your car. those accord side skirts and rear lip make all the difference in the way that thing looks. if you end up doing that H swap and need a hand with the wiring, let me know. i love wiring and i really enjoyed doing it for my H swap.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #59
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
i know you keep hearing it, but damn.. i really do love your car. those accord side skirts and rear lip make all the difference in the way that thing looks. if you end up doing that H swap and need a hand with the wiring, let me know. i love wiring and i really enjoyed doing it for my H swap.

Thanks man, i appreciate the support. I never get tired of hearing ppl say they like my car. It's a neglected model, so i do my part to get them noticed more.

As for the swap, im gonna be doing it but im unsure of when. Im leaving for the AirForce in april or may. So once i start making some money im gonna be saving for the motor and misc. parts for it. Rywire actually puts togeather the wiring harness's for this swap, but i forget off the top of my head what they charge for it. Theres quite a large list of things i'll need for the swap since everything come from about 3 different cars. But anyways, we'll see which route i go with the wiring... maybe i'll hit you up and let you take a wack at it since you seem so eager. haha

Just got done doing some wiring under the dash, so i could just run running lights with my fogs. Finished in about 30 mins. pretty straight forward.

please excuse the filthy ass car... its needed a bath for the last 2 months.

the '97

Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #60
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
i had 2 of these. one was a smoke machine slush box though. wish i still had it. yours is awesome though. i love rare ****.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote