TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #201
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:
91 Honda Prelude Si 4WS----- 97 Honda Prelude SH ATTS

Send a message via AIM to Vtecepidemic
hahah sorry brian.

chroma, fakeblood... w/e you go by. i actually need fiv, eacv & iacv. but someone on the PP is offering me those 3 plus the crank pulley for 50 shipped. so im just gonna go with that. thanks anyways though.

i just put the bracket over my mount and it fits like ass. theres a tad bit of play with the stock bolt being slightly smaller than the sleeve in the mount. but thats not anything that im really concerned about.

my issue is that when the brackets on it doesnt sit snug up against the side of the ESP mount. theres about 3/4 - a full inch on each side of it. i can slide it side to side.
If i tighten the large mount bolt through the esp mountall it does is pull the bracket in, which is deforming the bracket. if i mount the bracket to the frame & then align the ESP mount into it and tighten the one bolt that goes through the mount. It will prolly pull the sides of the bracket in again. and the motor mount will also be able to just jiggle around in there because theres nothing in there stopping the mount from sliding. If i had metal sleeves on each side of the mount, that the motor mount bolt could go through then that would prolly stop the problem. but i dont have anything like that.

I'm really getting ****ing tired of this ****.

the mounts say they're for b21's and b20's, so i expect them to work for both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

the '97

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Vtecepidemic; 07-18-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Vtecepidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #202
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

oh my gawd all this talk and no engine putting in. lol
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #203
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

dude i havnt had the right brackets until right now.... wtf you want me to do?

its going in tonight. & i think polarexpress is comming over to help.

Just got back, Only problem when i was at the junk yard though was that there was only one 3rd gen. & besides the back 2ft. of the car..... everything was toast. **** burnt like a mofo.

So im like wtf, ill just check it anyways for the mounts to see if they were the right ones. I pop the hood and see that its a carb'd single cam. & BAM THERE THEY WERE!!!!

the right ****ing mounts. at this point i dont even give a **** about what happened to the car im getting these bitches out. unfortunatly the accident caused the strut tower to become pressed up against the motor mount bracket so i couldnt get the tall bracket bolt out w/o a lot of convincing. I prolly hammered on the strut tower for about 20 mins. found a bar to pry at it with and used a jack crank as a chisel. until i finally got enough access to the bolt to get a socket on it.

I forgot to bring wrenches and was almost **** out of luck with getting the bracket off the side of the block but afteri hit the stock mount a few times with my 5lb hammer the block actually broke apart around where the bracket attached. I had never been so happy to cause so much destruction & make out with what i needed.

I also got a new lip to put on. Its different so im not telling anything about it till its on the car and done. but it'll be sick.

the '97

Old 07-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #204
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecepidemic View Post
dude i havnt had the right brackets until right now.... wtf you want me to do?

its going in tonight. & i think polarexpress is comming over to help.
I know man I'm just busting your balls.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #205
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

you shoulda come up man. its only two hours.

ill be working on it all night.

the '97

Old 07-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #206
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

the motor is in and mounted. Found a bunch of other wires+connectors that i need to replace. i was trying to hook up everything and a bunch of the wires were just snapping of at their connectors. So i gotta buy all that.

the mounts were semi easy to line up, most of the problem was with the hoist having the motor off balance a slight bit. Tim (polarexpress) came over as we were hoisting the motor up to drop in and lended a hand to me and my dad.

basically the things that still need done:

-axles in

-suspension bolted up

-header installed

-intake plenum bolted on

-get new i. mani sensors and coolant lines

-new coolant sensor wiring + clips (broke off)

-new eacv wires + clip. (broke off)

-connector for end of alt. rewire.

-mtf

-oil in.

etc....

A lot of cleaning in both the engine bay and the garage. theres **** everywhere.

pictures in a little while.

the '97

Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #207
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

Man that sucks about breaking wires and **** I've never had that problem before but if it did it would result in tools flying all over the garage and something probably getting broken.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #208
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

yeah and they broke off right at the rubber gromet that goes into the back of the clips.... so i need new clips with pigtails able to be spliced in.

the '97

Old 07-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #209
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

You bastard. I went to go install my headlights and do the wiring and I noticed a few wires with broken insulation and corrosion right at the connector so now I have to redo these ****ing head harness's totally. you jynx me!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #210
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

muahhhahahahahahaaaaaa. feel my wrath.

the '97

Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #211
fakeblood316
Tri-State Addict

Member #3839

My Ride:
1997 Nissan Hardbody + 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71

Send a message via AIM to fakeblood316
thanks brett, In like 3 days you've gotten done what I've been working on for like 4 months. You have finally motivated me to get off my sick ass and get something done
fakeblood316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #212
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

dude, just do it if you got the parts. Ive been running into more problems than what i mention.

A few weeks ago before the breakdown.

What was left of the driver side mount after i got it out of that burnt ass lude. the top pc. is actually a part of the block that just snapped off when i hit the mount w/ a hammer. The T looking pc. is what i needed.

THis was the other cage bracket i needed it wasnt looking too bad. I took a roloc and wire wheel to it for a while and resprayed it flat black then. & it looked pretty damn good.

the clips that were all dried up and corroded that broke off when i was trying to reinstall everything.

the '97

Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #213
KBB2M
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10255

My Ride:
1999 Honda Prelude

Looking good. I can't wait to see this thing running again. One of my favorite ludes.
KBB2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #214
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Picked up a few lip pcs. last week and finally put them on last night. it turned out fitting a lot better than i had thought it was gonna. & i wasnt gonna post any pictures of it until the lude was back on the road and the bumper was mounted on the car.... but **** it, im impatient.

let me know what you think.

the '97

Old 07-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #215
fakeblood316
Tri-State Addict

Member #3839

My Ride:
1997 Nissan Hardbody + 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71

Send a message via AIM to fakeblood316
of all your lips this is my least favorite, not saying it can't work but idk. Maybe it'll look better on the car
fakeblood316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #216
polarexpress17
Tri-State Addict

Member #10803

My Ride:
1993 Probe GT, 2.7l KL with PTE T66

we need to do that intake box ;)
'93 PGT - Ross 10:1 pistons, B18 H beam rods, Quaife LSD, Custom I/M, Precision T-66, NOS wet nitrous 55 shot, meth injection, J&S Safeguard, Nissan 370cc injectors, AEM wideband, MS1 V2.2(for now,) Nitto NT555Rs, 3" exhaust, D2 coilovers, 18" Rays Engineering 57 optimise,
No, my username is NOT from that stupid movie.
polarexpress17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #217
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

as soon as she runs, we'll get started on it. thats a plan.

the '97

Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #218
JDMTyler3326
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9917

My Ride:
^

Send a message via AIM to JDMTyler3326
Your car is going to look slammed with that lip.
JDMTyler3326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #219
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

i hope that lip wasnt too expensive cause its def gonna get chewed up. it is a sexy ass lip tho
sundaybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #220
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMTyler3326 View Post
Your car is going to look slammed with that lip.
this new lip is actually not as big as the old one... seems bigger but i measured them and the old one was an 1.5" bigger. but i like this one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaybikes View Post
i hope that lip wasnt too expensive cause its def gonna get chewed up. it is a sexy ass lip tho
Hows 10 bucks for two sets.??? lol.

i wont mind what happens to it. if it gets too torn up i'll just go find another set and replace whats broke.

the '97