TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #1
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:
91 Honda Prelude Si 4WS----- 97 Honda Prelude SH ATTS

Send a message via AIM to Vtecepidemic
Brett's 91 4WS Prelude...is getting the DUCE DUCE!!! motor build going down.Nov.19th

Current shot:

OK so this lude is my 3rd of its kind. I had one as my first car and thats pretty much where the passion started so when i saw this one for sale on preludepower.com for 2500 i jumped on it & drove to Cincy, Ohio to pick it up. It ended up having more body flaws than the guy led onto which kinda pissed me off... but wtf you gonna do?

I had previously been working my ass off on another 3rd gen project that ended up being a bit too much rust & not enough car. I knew there was some but after removing all the interior and bumpers.. theres was a whole hell of a lot more. So i cut my winnings... cuz i only paid 400 for it... and ended up using tons of the parts already on my new one. Including the entire interior. misc. motors parts, suspension pcs. & the tokicos the car came with.

Most of the main stuff i've needed to do to the car has been done since i got it last sept.

It will be getting re sprayed sometime here within the next year.... along with the H22 swap. Now that there is a company by the name of AZ Race & Machine, that actively produces the mounts. and rywire carries the wiring harnesses to eliminate most of the work that i dont wanna have to do.

For those of you who dont know ludes too well, just know that the h22 was never offered in a prelude older than 92. So this is a big deal to all 3rd gen owners. (88-91).

Heres a run down of my car & some of the things i've done thusfar & some pics of the work.

Suspension:
17" HD Hairpins w/ Nankang NS1 225/45/17 tires. 17x7, +40 offset.
or Stock 14'' sawblades w/ Falken tires.
H&R race springs
Tokico struts
Mustardcat front & rear STB's
Secluded Performance Adjustable Rear swaybar Endlinks
4 New upper & 4 new Lower ball joints.
Whiteline Anti-sway bars

Interior:
HKB hub adapter.
Custom short shifter
Black interior swap

Engine:
Hedman (chikara) header. (pk3)
B21 Intake manifold swap
Thermal catback exhaust. Installed 10-18-07
Integra CAI.
Upgraded grounds
Battery relocation
Optima batt.
Custom airduct & air box. (in the works)
A/c system removal.

Exterior:
4th Gen Prelude JDeeM Yellow fogs. 12/23/08
Subaru Imprezza Sidemarkers. 10/10/08
'93 Volvo 850 front lip. 1/20/09
1st gen integra lip.(_old lip_) installed 3/11/08
95 Accord ex rear lip 9/28/07
95ish Accord EX side skirts installed 7/8/08

THule roof Rack. 5/26

PLANS: shaved trunk lid, new fender, anti-sway bars & of course the H22 swap

Other misc. upkeep records:

-Rear motor mount bolts - 2/11/08
-Coolant Temperature (TW)Sensor 2/21/08
-Other coolant temp sensor- switch interruptor. 3/20/08
-Thermostat gasket 2/21/08
-Upper rad. hose 2/21/08
-Lower rad. hose (using a modified 4th gen lude) 2/21/08
-Radiator from my parts car 2//08
-clutch fluid reservoir (old one was leaking) 2/23/08
-b21a (pk3) intake manifold swap 3/7/08
-T/b gasket
-I.manifold gasket
-E.manifold gasket
-Front and rear cat gaskets
-(hedman header) y-pipe gasket
-upper coolant port housing gasket
-Cylinder (CYP) sensor o-ring.
-New slave cylinder 4/7/08
-New distributor Cap & rotor 4/10/08
-New rear calipers & brake pads. 4/16/08
-rear Tokicos installed 4/17/08
-New Toyo Proxies & Kosei's mounted and balanced. 4/29/08

Clutch fluid res. was leaking like a mofo...car kept leaving me sitting... story of my life.

Picked up a Thermal R&D catback used. (not produced anymore) So i went about cleaning it up a lot with a bit of elbow grease and brass-o.

Custom strut bars from (Mustardcat- preludepower.com)

old setup out... wayy too loud.

Batt. relocation..

Fog light/ signal refreshing...
years and years of rock chips.

wetsanded..

couple layers of clear coat later...

Door pod i started working on a while ago...
it was a passat pillar pod, but i cut it aligned the cutouts where i needed them. Fiberglassed it... shaped and body filler'd it. still needs some work though.

My Kosei's that have been gathering dust in my room for like 4 months.

Did a b20b (crv) valve cover swap... which from what i understand hadnt been done but maybe once before. Due to the motors not being the same.

OEM B20a cover.

B20b cover.

there was a few fitment issues w/ rubbing and other clearance issues. Ended up finding that the cam gears were grinding the inside of the cam gear housing on the valve cover. So it wasnt on long.

Was having major idle issues. found that who ever swapped the motor in before i bought the car hadnt put the right manifold combo in for the ecu being used. So i needed to remove my b20a5 intake manifold out and replace with the b21a1's. & i found some suprises when i pulled off the manifold.

yeahh... lots of oil, cuz i was dumb and blocked off the V/C breather.. which i guess forced oil through the pcv valve.

just some upkeep and ****...

KINDA RANDOM:
DId a carfax on my car and found out some really odd ****. A mileage jump of over 110,000 miles in a year. on my car with a previous owner.

thats some serious driving...
Title #771548031135029 Registration issued or renewed 03/28/2005 59,502 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cincinnati, OH

Title #3104655443 Title issued or updated
New owner reported 07/12/2006 170,053 Kentucky
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Latonia, KY

Had a Hedman header lined up to upgrade... so i took more **** out.

Started a Custom airduct/ scoop project.

maching up a box... so i can get measurements for the sheetmetal.

basically how it'll be running.

New (used) header came in and the manifold i was waiting for.

didnt waste any time re-wrapping it & coating it.

New manifold cleaned up and installed...

Got a new lip... (1st gen integra) I dont like the way it looks how most ppl install it so i actually left my old lip on there so it could be mounted lower down. but kinda ghetto, i had to epoxy it to the old lip, as well as fastening it from the back. but it works and looks much better than the old lip.

lip on..

Notice a problem here?

Cleaned up... and as she sits right now.

My brakes in the rear were taking a ****... the right rear piston was actually rusted fast in the applied position. So my mileage was horrible.

Purchased new calipers & pads for the rear. Installed them as well as the tokico's i've had sitting around. Also installed the custom adjustable Rear swaybar endlinks.

i think i need a big brake kit..

..Next weekend im taking a trip down to quakertown for sat. & sun. I'll be picking up some treads for the kosei's and rolling them as soon as their mounted that day.

Last edited by Vtecepidemic; 08-05-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Vtecepidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

Very cool car adn kudos for being so pasionat with anything.
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
Turbo s60R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2794

My Ride:
2009 Ford Focus coupe se

Send a message via AIM to Turbo s60R
looks good man, deff never looked at this year lude having this much potential at being baller
Turbo s60R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
Danronian
Tri-State Addict

Member #1826

My Ride:
1995 Honda Civic Vx, 1975 Malibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'DALERIDER View Post
Very cool car adn kudos for being so pasionat with anything.
I agree!

I restored a car no one appreciates (75 Malibu), which seems like kinda the same boat you're in with this gen. Prelude. I had an 89 Accord, which is another "odd-ball" Honda, so I know how it is with having to modify anything and everything to fit a car. It sucks. But at least the person who does the work on it actually appreciates everything even more.

Good luck with it!
you know what i hate? The way most people in this thread drive. [...] You're all F*cking retarded. I hope you all burn in hell. Seriously, mature a little and wise up [...] Unless you have a dying loved one in the back there is no need to sustain a speed of 85mph. You sound like a bunch of 16 year old kids in their mommy's volvo wagon. Congrats, you fail miserably.
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo s60R View Post
looks good man, deff never looked at this year lude having this much potential at being baller
haha. anything i can do to open your eyes to potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
I agree!

I restored a car no one appreciates (75 Malibu), which seems like kinda the same boat you're in with this gen. Prelude. I had an 89 Accord, which is another "odd-ball" Honda, so I know how it is with having to modify anything and everything to fit a car. It sucks. But at least the person who does the work on it actually appreciates everything even more.

Good luck with it!

Yeah i mean, it kinda sucks as you put it having to either pay twice as much for parts or take a lot of time to make the things you need... not to mention all the ppl who take the time trying to find interchangable parts.

Its real nice though going to prelude meets and you know the ppl who have either owned a 3rd gen, before or still do. Cuz their faces instantly light up when they see me roll in. My cars rough, but its still a respectable car & ppl let me know how much it inspires them to wanna get another one.

& you know what.... that means a lot to me. Its what its all about...knowing ppl like what you do. & that your not just wasting your time. Besides the obvious self gratification.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
hb420
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7149

My Ride:
1990 acura integra

Nice work. I always loved the 88-91 ludes.
hb420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
turbotool
Tri-State Addict

Member #142

My Ride:
97 Tahoe, 06 Malibu Maxx SS, 92 Camaro RS

One of my favorite cars that I have owned. Should've never got rid of it. Still kicking myself for that(now especially with the gas situation).
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
very nice bro!! if i would of worked on my lude like that i might still have it! great job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #9
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

nice start! your plans sound awesome i can't wait to see how it all comes together. i was thinking for a while that i would love to put together a nice clean 'lude that body style with an automatic (yes, auto lol) H22A and a ton of dynomat (for the 'new car silence') and DD it. make sure to post pics and updates often!
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
redg2
Tri-State Addict

Member #3899

My Ride:
Redg2

nice work dude how do you like the 4 wheel steering?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
redg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotool View Post
One of my favorite cars that I have owned. Should've never got rid of it. Still kicking myself for that(now especially with the gas situation).
No you shouldnt have... we need more ppl to get them and save them from junkyards.

I got it for the exact reasons you wish you hadnt got rid of yours.

My other vehicle, is a 5.2l grand cherokee. Which gets about 12miles to a gal... **** got real old droppin $75 ea. fill up and only lasting 6-7 days.

I put 35 in the lude and it lasts me ATLEAST 7 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_GSR View Post
nice start! your plans sound awesome i can't wait to see how it all comes together. i was thinking for a while that i would love to put together a nice clean 'lude that body style with an automatic (yes, auto lol) H22A and a ton of dynomat (for the 'new car silence') and DD it. make sure to post pics and updates often!
Ehh nothing wrong with auto's its nice for a DD especially dependant upon where you live with traffic situations.

Im a picture whore so any time i get the chance im updating my other threads in other forums, so i'll show you guys some love too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redg2 View Post
nice work dude how do you like the 4 wheel steering?
It's amazing. I actually have to correct myself sometimes when i turn around stuff cuz it turns to sharp & i've come close to hitting a few curbs before.

You dont notice it entirely until your at slower speeds making sharp turns. But you can still feel the response when hitting up twisties foookin around.

Check out some of my videos & let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaXc_THJMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmdPZxedik

A video i just made last night of a recent prelude meet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxOa-1DanE

and some 4ws shots.

from the day i brought it home.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

kosei's are going on in about 2hours... pics to come later tonight.

the '97

Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #13
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

These were taken at like 9pm... i just left the shutter open so bare with me on the ****tiness.

I'll wash her and take more tomarrow after i get off work

the '97

Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 AM   #14
hb420
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7149

My Ride:
1990 acura integra

Wheels look good but pics are kinda blurry.
hb420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #15
jrl1018
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7362

My Ride:
93 Honda Prelude VTEC

Wheels look real good. Is there any way you could make a fake intake hole the same as the one you have on the opposite side of the hood? i think it would look better that way personally. But hey, if you like it the way it is more power to ya.

Overall i think your ride is pretty sweet. I love ludes and i think 4ws is a pretty sick invention.
jrl1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #16
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl1018 View Post
Wheels look real good. Is there any way you could make a fake intake hole the same as the one you have on the opposite side of the hood? i think it would look better that way personally. But hey, if you like it the way it is more power to ya.

Overall i think your ride is pretty sweet. I love ludes and i think 4ws is a pretty sick invention.
I know what your saying with the dual scoop, cuz seriously i thought about it too. It bothers most ppl cuz its not symetrical... me however, not really bothered by it.

In order to make one identicle on the other side as to what the functional one will be is gonna be kinda hard cuz id have to do soo much unnecessary work. & i would literally have to make all the duct pipe going back through the fire wall just so it would "look" functional and symetrical... yet go to nothing.

I may decide to do it later on but for right now i think im good with how my plans sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
Wheels look good but pics are kinda blurry.
How are these for you...?

fresh from earlier this evening.

the '97

Old 05-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
97`Rolla
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3928

My Ride:
09 Ruckus

Sick! btw i meet you at the prelude kop meet. i came up with mulch
97`Rolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
Vtecepidemic
Tri-State Addict

Member #7619

My Ride:

are you the guy that rolled up in the supra.. or did you actually ride with mike?

the '97

Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #19
jrl1018
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7362

My Ride:
93 Honda Prelude VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecepidemic View Post
I know what your saying with the dual scoop, cuz seriously i thought about it too. It bothers most ppl cuz its not symetrical... me however, not really bothered by it.

In order to make one identicle on the other side as to what the functional one will be is gonna be kinda hard cuz id have to do soo much unnecessary work. & i would literally have to make all the duct pipe going back through the fire wall just so it would "look" functional and symetrical... yet go to nothing.

I may decide to do it later on but for right now i think im good with how my plans sit.
Yeah, i definitely see what you're saying. And like you said, I think its just the symmetry that bothers me. But honestly I dont think its a big deal at all.

Those last pics you put up look great. Car looks shweet.
jrl1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
04AV6 6SPD
Tri-State Addict

Member #4971

My Ride:
04 AV6 6SPD

Send a message via AIM to 04AV6 6SPD Send a message via Yahoo to 04AV6 6SPD
never seen 4ws in action. wonder why honda stoped making those
04AV6 6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote