TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

Lens help

I ran across some old lenses and I want to know if they are any good or worth anything.

They wont fit my d40 (duh), and I dont even know what they will fit. They are both made by Vivitar. Anyone know a camera shop that I might be able to get some cash towards a trade?

1st lens:

2nd lens:

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
just find out what kind of mount they have. sure they could be useful to someone.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

The bigger/ more zoom lens has an attachment on it like it would mount a different kind of camera. Any way to know what kind of mount it is?

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
kennwrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5247

are the screw mount or bannett(sp)in otherwords do you line up a red dot and give a half twist
kennwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

ok, without the adapter it looks like you just set it on the camera and then just a little collar on the lens turns, only about an inch. With the adapter on the lense there is a red dot that you line up and then the whole thing turns onto the camera (like the lens goes onto my d40). Things just dont line up on my d40 right. The cover that fits the adapter says Minolta on it. Here are some pics:

Without the adapter:

With the adapter (you can see the red dot):

Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

well the d40 has a weird mount anyway..i'm sure any camera store could tell you what kind of mount it is. maybe something like a ritz camera or something of the sort. or you could search online for the lens and it might tell you?

EDIT: theres an adapter on ebay for $.99 to a nikon body but i'm assuming its a film body. just did a quick search and thats about all i came up with.

Last edited by 97TurboDSM; 08-16-2007 at 08:26 PM.
97TurboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

I found the adapter you are refering to and I send him an e-mail about it to see if it will fit my camera.

Do you know of any good camera stores in the area (Bucks county) that wont try to rip me off?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

ritzcamera.com search there for a store thats close to you. they're good people, i've dealt with them on numerous occasions and they should be able to help you out
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #9
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
ritz is garbage, they dont stock ****, and they have pushy sales people.
the best camera shop around here is allens camera, on new falls road in levittown, next to the old giant sorta
if it doesnt fit a nikon its probaly a canon
thats lens is probaly worth nothing, something fun to play with i guess, pretty long zoom but it probaly has the slowest focus, and f/6.3 will be pretty much impossible for taking action shots, especially at full zoom
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #10
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by den9 View Post
ritz is garbage, they dont stock ****, and they have pushy sales people.
the best camera shop around here is allens camera, on new falls road in levittown, next to the old giant sorta
if it doesnt fit a nikon its probaly a canon
thats lens is probaly worth nothing, something fun to play with i guess, pretty long zoom but it probaly has the slowest focus, and f/6.3 will be pretty much impossible for taking action shots, especially at full zoom
i dont think what the store has in stock or what the sales people are like are what he was looking for. i dont recall him saying anything about buying a lens, but rather getting some advice on the lenses he has. he has two by the way. if you dont like ritz you dont have to be such a hardass about it just say that they're stock is usually limited and the people can be pushy. i've been to a few ritz's and they've all been helpful. theres more than one. to the OP, hope you find some answers.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
howielong
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #586

My Ride:
Grandpa Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to howielong Send a message via MSN to howielong
The first two photos with the adapter on it looks like a Old Canon mount. I took a look at my dads old AE-1 and it has like a 3 spoke adapter on the camera, just like the photo. So it could be for Canon cameras.

howielong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #12
oneslowxa
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5244

did you try taking it to a camera shop yet?
oneslowxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #13
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

No, I did not get the chance to take them to a shop yet, probably not until Saturday. I wouldn't mind getting the adapter to my camera and play around with them a little bit, but ultimitly would like to trade them for a little cash towards a 55-200 vr or a wide angle lens. Even if I get $50 for both that is better than nothing.