TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Cannot post sale thread? (Solution in post #16)

Hey guys, I'm wondering if more people are having this problem. When I go to post up a thread in the "Parts for sale" section it keeps coming back as saying I don't have an ad description when I do. I thought it might be my computer, but then it does the same thing on other computers and on my iphone as well. I sent the moderator Doug a PM yesturday about the problem but haven't heard anything back yet. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
E36 M3
Ex's: E46 M3, 350Z, 300ZX TT, E39 M5, 1G GSX, 2G GSX

Last edited by Vypurr; 06-29-2009 at 06:09 PM.
98GSXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

can u take a screen shot of the filled out form and then the error?

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Did you fill out any of the lines in a particularly long or short way? I'm wondering if there is a min / max characters that its not happy with as I know that was a problem previously.
But yes, the screenshot would be very helpful...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

No problem, here are before and after screen shots. The ad is not particularly long or short, not any different than any of mine in the past.

E36 M3
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
Same here. I get the same thing and my description was not nearly as long as that.
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Can you please also take a screenshot of the top half of the form as well... I have not been able to replicate this yet but we're working on it and the more info you provide the better.
Thanks,
Bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

BEFORE!!!

AFTER!!!!
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

hey 98gsx.. i just saw your PM.. I was going to suggest for you to start a thread in here!

-doug
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I just replicated your thread exactly and it worked fine, as well as a handful of other configurations. Did you use any attachments? Hitting 'submit' or 'preview'?
Also what web browser are you using, and did you fill out the forum without any big delay or did it sit on that page for longer than normal before you tried submitting?
Thanks...

|

Quote:

|
Old 06-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I just replicated your thread exactly and it worked fine, as well as a handful of other configurations. Did you use any attachments? Hitting 'submit' or 'preview'?
Also what web browser are you using, and did you fill out the forum without any big delay or did it sit on that page for longer than normal before you tried submitting?
Thanks...
I didnt try attachments the second time around when i copied the screen and posted it. I hit the submit button, didnt sit at all, filled out the form and submitted the thread. I am on internet explorer 7 and never had problems before.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Ok can you try to submit another now in IE7 just to see if it works, and if you have another browser try that as well?

|

Quote:

|
Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #12
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Thanks...
I just tried it again in Firefox, Explorer, and Safari and it still doesn't work. I even tried putting a totally different ad up for something else I have for sale. Same thing everytime, it just says that I have no description. There are no attachments, and I hit submit right away. My problem is the same exact as Turbo CitrusES's and I can't think of anything we're doing wrong. Hmm...
E36 M3

Last edited by 98GSXdude; 06-28-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
I can also post the exact same for sale thread with no issues. What happens if you click preview before submit?
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypurr View Post
I can also post the exact same for sale thread with no issues. What happens if you click preview before submit?
I still get the same thing as if I was hitting submit.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Try it now. I made the field not required until I can figure this out.
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Ok. I have found the problem. Both of you seem to be using the Basic Editor for writing messages. Once I switched to the Advanced editor, everything worked perfectly. I edited your settings already, but for anyone else who has this issue, here is the fix:

Click on "User CP"
Click "Edit Options"
Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" (all the way at the bottom)
Change the setting from "Basic Editor - A simple text box" to "Standard Editor Formatting Controls"
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

<3 <3 <3

|

Quote:

|
Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #18
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypurr View Post
Ok. I have found the problem. Both of you seem to be using the Basic Editor for writing messages. Once I switched to the Advanced editor, everything worked perfectly. I edited your settings already, but for anyone else who has this issue, here is the fix:

Click on "User CP"
Click "Edit Options"
Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" (all the way at the bottom)
Change the setting from "Basic Editor - A simple text box" to "Standard Editor Formatting Controls"
Thanks for the help! I didn't know anything about that function.
E36 M3
Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Me either, but thanks for the fix!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #20
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Thanks will, I was pulling my hair out on this one.