Old 07-05-2005, 07:34 AM   #61
moorefire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #241

My Ride:
MS13 - V35

Send a message via AIM to moorefire
MODS: Please delete

(Why the **** can't I delete my own posts?)
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 AM   #62
moorefire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #241

My Ride:
MS13 - V35

haha I'm the d0uchebag but your first post was (with out any explanation):

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaGiNaLdIsChArGe
v8 rx7's are GAY
since you're all-knowing and you know what this guys testing and development budget is or if he even gives a crap how the car handles I might as well shut up

stay in school son
Old 07-05-2005, 04:51 PM   #63
sPrSw2o
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #567

Send a message via AIM to sPrSw2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefire
go down another two or so posts for my reasoning. i stated that in my last post. reading comprehension.....

Quote:
since you're all-knowing and you know what this guys testing and development budget is or if he even gives a crap how the car handles I might as well shut up.

stay in school son
havent we already acknowledged that im not all-knowing? i never said he couldnt afford this swap/suspension. all i said was that, to be done CORRECTLY (proven), it would take a lot of money. if he doesnt care about the cars ability to turn, im sure he can simply disregard my statements w/ out your help. once again, waste bandwidth somewhere else please.

and since your on the subject of school. i started my new class today, and there just happens to be a guy who plans on swapping an ls1 into his fc as his class project. if i can, ill get my hands in and help him out. see if i dont learn something else new.....

you mother was a lizard.
sPrSw2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #64
moorefire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #241

My Ride:
MS13 - V35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPrSw2o
Quote:
go down another two or so posts for my reasoning. i stated that in my last post. reading comprehension.....
If you're gonna act like a d0uche, you better back it up with reasoning right then and there, not after someone calls you out for being a d0uche

Quote:
havent we already acknowledged that im not all-knowing? i never said he couldnt afford this swap/suspension. all i said was that, to be done CORRECTLY (proven), it would take a lot of money. if he doesnt care about the cars ability to turn, im sure he can simply disregard my statements w/ out your help. once again, waste bandwidth somewhere else please.
In a street car "CORRECTLY" is subjective. If hes not building a track car that needs 50/50 weight bias and every ounce shaved, then who the **** cares. Anyone that says they drive at 9/10ths (making perfect handling nessicary) all the time on the street is a liar, and assuming that you NEED a perfectly balanced car to enjoy it is retarded. So it was really you wasting bandwidth crapping on someones gaols for their project because your ideal street car is unrealistic.

Quote:
and since your on the subject of school. i started my new class today, and there just happens to be a guy who plans on swapping an ls1 into his fc as his class project. if i can, ill get my hands in and help him out. see if i dont learn something else new.....
good, I hope you do

but you should really learn some respect
Old 07-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #65
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Quote:
If you're gonna act like a d0uche, you better back it up with reasoning right then and there, not after someone calls you out for being a d0uche
well, thats your own flawed opinion. i gave my opinion.... and when confronted about it, i explained it.

Quote:
In a street car "CORRECTLY" is subjective. If hes not building a track car that needs 50/50 weight bias and every ounce shaved, then who the *no cursing!* cares. Anyone that says they drive at 9/10ths (making perfect handling nessicary) all the time on the street is a liar, and assuming that you NEED a perfectly balanced car to enjoy it is retarded. So it was really you wasting bandwidth crapping on someones gaols for their project because your ideal street car is unrealistic.
first, when a car is balanced 50/50, there is no front or rear bias. who are you to say that he doesnt care what his car handles like? what if its not ONLY to drive daily? maybe it'll see a road course once or twice. i never mentioned that 50/50 was "NEEDED" to enjoy a street car. (i drive an mr2.... no where near 50/50 balance). we already accomplished that its near 50/50 weight distrbution will be lost. I dont assume that this great balance is necessary, so you can leave the "you dont need 50/50" argument alone now. of course he could have fun, even w/ its horrible distribution. but maybe what he loves most about the car as it stands is how positive it feels when cornering. im sure he'll miss it. and getting it back to that will be very tough.

Quote:
i show plenty of respect where its due. but thanks for being that "mature adult figure"

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #66
moorefire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #241

My Ride:
MS13 - V35

Quote:
Quote:
well, thats your own flawed opinion. i gave my opinion.... and when confronted about it, i explained it.
Next time have some balls and explain yourself instead of shouting insults and running like a little child.

Quote:
first, when a car is balanced 50/50, there is no front or rear bias.
No really?

[quote="sPrSw2o"]who are you to say that he doesnt care what his car handles like?[/qoute]

Well its a reasonable assumption to make that handling isn't a high priority. Generally, people that put V8s into little cars aren't too worried about handling

Quote:
what if its not ONLY to drive daily? maybe it'll see a road course once or twice.
Then he'll just have to live with his compromise. You seem to just enjoy insulting his intelligence by pointing out the obvious.

Quote:
i never mentioned that 50/50 was "NEEDED" to enjoy a street car. (i drive an mr2.... no where near 50/50 balance). we already accomplished that its near 50/50 weight distrbution will be lost. I dont assume that this great balance is necessary, so you can leave the "you dont need 50/50" argument alone now.
hahaha, You just completly contradicted your original argument; that messing with the design (and balance) somehow makes the car gay.

By your reasoning, your car, every FF car, **** everything thats not MR is gay straight from the factory.

Quote:
of course he could have fun, even w/ its horrible distribution. but maybe what he loves most about the car as it stands is how positive it feels when cornering. im sure he'll miss it. and getting it back to that will be very tough.
Now if you would have respectfully made that point originally and not acted like some punk kid in the sandbox we could have avoid all this couldn't we.

Quote:
Quote:
i show plenty of respect where its due. but thanks for being that "mature adult figure"
YoUr WeLcOmE
Old 07-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #67
sPrSw2o

Member #567

had i ran "like a child", i wouldnt have returned........ so lets put this lame **** down okay?

"If hes not building a track car that needs 50/50 weight bias and every ounce shaved..."- you, i was just correcting you. theres no such thing as 50/50 weight bias.

you shouldnt make assumptions. you dont know his plans...

i never tried insulting his intelligence, just said how tough it would be to get a proper handling car out of a v8 fb.

how exaclty did i contradict my original argument? IMO, its gonna ruin the cars purpose, and be gay. but its not my car, good luck to him.

"By your reasoning, your car, every FF car, *no cursing!* everything thats not MR is gay straight from the factory. "- you

^that doesnt make sense. try again.

respectfully made what point? i think its clear that he feels he can have fun w/ this setup, or else this thread wouldnt exist. i hope you could figure this out on your own.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #68
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
I am ----><----- this close to locking this thread guys. Either offer up helpful advice, or take this bickering to PM.

Lets keep the opinions out of this one, 5 pages is enough.

Thank You,

mike
Old 07-06-2005, 05:49 AM   #69
sPrSw2o

Member #567

this thread was FOR opinions.....

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #70
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
WAS.

He already said he was going through with it. Now it's time for useful info.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #71
mazda6guy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #92

Send a message via AIM to mazda6guy
Well I met a guy from torquecentral today at lunch and his car is amazing. His is a 1984 FB with a supercharged SBC 350. He had a couple of timeslips and his best time was a high 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile. He is also running 550 horsepower on his factory differential with 15 inch raceslicks. So I am coming to the assumption that anything is possible as long as there is some pre planning involved. Thats what I was hoping to get from this thread and not a whole lot of flaming going on. Or maybe even a little help from you guys and gals on this board since we are all suppose to be true automobile enthusiasts. It is cool I learned a valuable lesson from all this. NEVER ASK FOR OPINIONS! Some of you did help me out so I just want to say thank you and hopefully the finished project will be at a meet real soon.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #72
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Good luck on the FB conversion - big V8+small FB=
BTW I only stuck up for the rotary because I own one and I believe it is the "soul" of the car; how do you think a WRX owner would feel about a V8 swap in a WRX Having said that,I'm done with the topic and I wish you nothing but the best. Keep us updated on your progress
Old 07-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #73
sPrSw2o

Member #567

yes... good luck. keep us updated, and ask all the questions you've got. im sure with all these ppl that see things from such different angles, you'll get more than enough response.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #74
FC3S4

Member #370

Send a message via AIM to FC3S4
BTW T2 hoods were aluminum, not fiberglass like i stated earlier. (although the point doesnt really change, its still very lightweight)

And some t2's do have steel hoods, although it is very rare and mostly in seriers 4 (S4) fc's. This is because the car sold so well mazda came upon a shortage of aluminum, so they had to use steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy
Well I met a guy from torquecentral today at lunch and his car is amazing. His is a 1984 FB with a supercharged SBC 350. He had a couple of timeslips and his best time was a high 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile. He is also running 550 horsepower on his factory differential with 15 inch raceslicks. So I am coming to the assumption that anything is possible as long as there is some pre planning involved. Thats what I was hoping to get from this thread and not a whole lot of flaming going on. Or maybe even a little help from you guys and gals on this board since we are all suppose to be true automobile enthusiasts. It is cool I learned a valuable lesson from all this. NEVER ASK FOR OPINIONS! Some of you did help me out so I just want to say thank you and hopefully the finished project will be at a meet real soon.

And no offense but I doubt there are any stock parts in that entire drivetrian (diff. included). It was made to support at most 135 bhp and 133 torque. I doubt it would be able to handle 4 times that amount of power.
FC3S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #75
mazda6guy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #92

Send a message via AIM to mazda6guy
Well FC3S4 that guy I met today made me a believer. He had a stock GSL diff and a 200R4 tranny with no mods but his next mod is a 8.8 ford diff just for he can tune the FB for more HP's. I plan on going with a 8.8 ford diff because it requires no fabbing of the stock suspension. I will keep posting updates of the projects.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #76
Zeropistonz
Tri-State Addict

Member #90

My Ride:
Spinning Doritos

Send a message via AIM to Zeropistonz
The Rotary community affectionatly calls this transformation, "the dark side" But good luck none the less. Should really kick some ass when its finished!

93' FD (Rx-7)
91' FC (Rx-7)
05' FE (Rx-8)
Zeropistonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #77
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Enough of this crap already. A perfect balance to this car is some pimp daddy Caddy power. Find yourself a wrecked Caddy with a fresh Northstar engine... bolt it to the GM transmission of your choice and haul ass. Those engines are small, lightweight, RELIABLE, and powerful with a great aftermarket following.

On that note, I have a 500 cubic inch Caddy engine that is just beggin' to be installed in something silly like an rx-7 or 280z.
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #78
sPrSw2o

Member #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSHatch
Oh, and a 13b weighs almost 300lbs without trans.

http://lancaironline.net/Lists/flyro...sage/3548.html

So, you would stop crying that I am not posting fact. Where I still have yet to see either of you have any backup to your claims.

Thanks.
that link shows that the engine, b4 lots of random stuff like: starter, radiator, alternator, exhaust piping; was under 250 lbs. it stated that the engine itself, no manifolds, was only 218 lbs. thats light as hell.

you mother was a lizard.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #79
Zeropistonz
Tri-State Addict

Member #90

My Ride:
Spinning Doritos

Send a message via AIM to Zeropistonz
i can't tell you how light it is exactly... but a friend and I easily picked up mine and carried it into my basement.... and that was w/ all the accessorys on.

93' FD (Rx-7)
91' FC (Rx-7)
05' FE (Rx-8)
Zeropistonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #80
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Quote:

that link shows that the engine, b4 lots of random stuff like: starter, radiator, alternator, exhaust piping; was under 250 lbs. it stated that the engine itself, no manifolds, was only 218 lbs. thats light as hell.
Well, I don't really consider an engine an engine without anything on it. It won't work in a car without all of that stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote