TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Wireless Carrier?
Verizon Wireless 12 50.00%
AT&T Wireless 11 45.83%
Sprint 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Question Tmobile gets the boot, who is next?

I am leaving Tmobile at the end of the month. Their coverage sucks in Philadelphia and all the suburbs where I mostly work. It's even worse inside homes, basements, etc. I can not keep working like this since calling is a huge part of my job. Help me choose, TST!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

Sprint blows, and verizon is mega expensive att is the only worth while bet. I just left tmobileforthe same reason.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
silver01lude
Tri-State Addict

Member #7588

My Ride:
2009 Cobalt SS

I've had verizon for the last 4 years, and I've never had a problem with service. I even got service inside an insulated cooler when I worked at a supermarket, when noone else did.
silver01lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
ikozhukhin
Tri-State Addict

Member #2127

Send a message via AIM to ikozhukhin
I voted Sprint because they are coming with 4g to philadelphia in about a month. I personally have t-mobile though and have had no problems with it.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ikozhukhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
its funny i talk to so many people who say they hate tmobile. i have hade no problems with them nor their service.. oh well.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
Sprint blows, and verizon is mega expensive att is the only worth while bet. I just left tmobileforthe same reason.
You must be crazy! Verizon is by far the best carrier out there when it comes to coverage. Why leave one carrier who you hate because of coverage problems, only to go to AT&T who is notorious for their problems with coverage?
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
its funny i talk to so many people who say they hate tmobile. i have hade no problems with them nor their service.. oh well.
I work in a lot of old philadelphia homes made of brick put together on stone. The basement are even worse since they're mostly 100% under the ground. Don't even get me started about coverage out in Bryn Mawr or Villanova.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

My iphone had service 13 miles off the coast of Maine last week. AT&T baby!!!!
Not to mention no issues with dropped calls or poor service around here
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
I voted at&t. I have them on an iPhone and I get service pretty much everywhere. I live in a really horrible area for service, and in my house I usually have 2 bars of service when nobody else has any or like 1.

And just for the record, all my past phones have had about the same results here. Verizon people tend to have more problems then me here.
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
tmobile sucks in the city? are you kidding me? NO cell phone service sucks in the city
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
**Alex**
Tri-State Addict

Member #5581

My Ride:
2002 Mitsu Lancer OZ, 1989 Nissan 240sx

I've had tmobile forever with no problems. Get perfect coverage even in puerto rico and about 15 miles off jersey coast when fishing. I've had sprint and hate them. AT&T too expensive but reliable. But I would chose verizon, but only beacause of slighty less than AT&T prices with just as good coverage.

Last edited by **Alex**; 08-12-2009 at 09:19 PM.
**Alex** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

The company I work for has been using Sprint for 3 years or so, and I hate it at times. But coverage from here to Cape May is pretty constant. Only deeeeep in to bumble f south jersey do I ever have a problem... but that's because nobody wants to go there. We are switching to AT&T shortly though.

But I've hated all carriers at different points in the relationship, for whatever reason. I've had them all since Sprint (my personal) back in 97 or so. Sprints billing was un comprehendable back then, and that's why I left them. I left Verizon after not having service when I got stuck with a flat on 72 east, somewhere near Warren Grove Gunnery... on July 4th, while it was a billion and 2 degrees out. I had to hoof to Tiki Murphs!
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Is there something wrong with you guys? Do you think I am lying when I say tmobile doesn't do it for me? I am in and out of huge homes all day long in crawls, attics, basements, and even regular philly row homes and I have nothing but problems. I hate leaving them, but I have to. I pay $45.00/month for unlimited everything(except web) with them, so it hurts, but it's gotta be done. Leave your bull**** out of my thread. Help me or GTFO!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I've never ever had a problem getting reception with T-Mobile. I pay $75 a month for 300 anytime (which I don't even use) unlim. nights & weekends, unlimited calls to my "5 fave," unlimited text, e-mail, IM, pic message, internet.... I had AT&T and it was way too ****ing expensive and I wasn't getting reception at Temple if I was in a building or near 100 feet of a building and yet I was paying $120 a month for less features. I also had Verizon from when I was 13 to 17 but it was also expensive ($105/month) and I was getting 1500 texts and 400 minutes. As for Sprint, ha. A joke.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

If you HAD to pick from the remaining three I'm going to say Verizon. But I'm very bitter about AT&T.. $120-140 a month for bull****.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 08-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Again, like I've said, the conditions in which I work in are the problem here, not regular walking around or driving(unless I'm in Lower Merion Twp.). If I am installing CDV in a basement and I need to call in a mac address to provision a phone number I would have to walk all the way outside and sit near my truck to even get anything close to reception. This is inconvenient seeing as my time is my money. The faster I get done the more money I make. I never need to use the phone while driving, so that is a non-issue.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
I have AT&T and don't have any problems. Had it for 3 years now.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
I have AT&T and don't have any problems. Had it for 3 years now.
What sort of places do you use it in?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #19
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Right.... and what I said was that AT&T gave me service problems and Verizon didn't
|
]

Quote:
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
All3 carriers will let you try it and if you don't like it, you can return them for a minimal fee! That might be good for you! Try one out and if it sucks where you need it, return it!
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote