TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Tire Rack Closeout Sale!!! Hankook Ventus R-S2s!!!!

Cheeeeaaaaaappppp

From my experience in the MR2 world, these tires stick like glue and handle great in the rain. But that might just be because my car is awesome

Check it out d00dz and ladiez. If I were to buy tires, it would be $272 all together lol...

we'll see.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
oooh... 245/40/17 for $78 each... I might have to snatch these up and use them instead of my backup plan for tires.
If anyone else has experience with these please let me know, I'm sure I'll have to act fast if I want to snag them before they're sold out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Send a message via AIM to olsookie Send a message via MSN to olsookie
great prices... ashame i already bought 4 stock advans for the X....

05 Apexi Silver EVO with a bad azz Perrin Antannae
SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Jetta TDI - it's all about TQ and Fuel Economy!
olsookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yep, pretty close to pulling the trigger on these at $352 for a set of four shipped. Reading the reviews from Subaru owners it seems like aren't an ideal choice for regular auto-x or road racing but are a great performance street tire and it was mentioned over and over that their tread life is surprisingly good. Sounds like a good tire for a fun daily.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 08-22-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
phate1229
Tri-State Addict

Member #8613

My Ride:
98 Foz

Send a message via AIM to phate1229
well ****, too bad I already have the tires I need, this should have been a month earlier
phate1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

I had these on the old Satillac.

****ing amazing summer tires. Sticky as all hell. Wore really fast, and sucked balls in medium rain. Not a DD tire at all, more for competition rims.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ordered... thanks for the heads up dan i'm sure i can fit em with just a little more fender rolling, haha.

edit: clint... weird. are you positive you're talking about the same tires? are you comparing them to all seasons? for high performance summer tires i read they are good grippy tires but there are more extreme tires out there, and that these wear quite well... 20k+ miles is definitely a possibility, which is good for high performance tires.

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
lawdogg
Tri-State Addict

Member #5674

My Ride:
seat of my pants

I bought a set of 265/35/18s yesterday for $445 shipped.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
ordered... thanks for the heads up dan i'm sure i can fit em with just a little more fender rolling, haha.

edit: clint... weird. are you positive you're talking about the same tires? are you comparing them to all seasons? for high performance summer tires i read they are good grippy tires but there are more extreme tires out there, and that these wear quite well... 20k+ miles is definitely a possibility, which is good for high performance tires.
Possibly.

I only got about 12-15k from each set I used. Was using em for a couple years.

As far as I've tried for tires, there wasn't much that could grip like these for near the price. Azeni's, sure, but they got oily. THese tires were pretty damn grippy cold, but once hot, they're like a cat on carpet. Next to 0 tire squeal on hard turns, tons of road feedback, and not an extreme amount of tire noise. Great tire, IMO.

Positive it's the same tire. ;)
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.

Last edited by 99SL2_Modder; 08-22-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
I LOVED these tires, I had two sets of them. I got 20k miles out of them with an auto x on them. Very sticky. Rain you have to watch your self in especially once they hit the half way mark.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
I LOVED these tires, I had two sets of them. I got 20k miles out of them with an auto x on them. Very sticky. Rain you have to watch your self in especially once they hit the half way mark.
Not even halfway, sometimes.

They slide real good with a moderate amount of rain probably at the 3/4 mark. One set took till they were good and worn to lose wet traction, one set took only a few thousand miles.

None of them were good in HEAVY rain. Light rain and dry, they were beasts.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Well I couldn't pass it up. I ordered a set. $310 for all 4 shipped and they'll be here monday or tuesday. Just have to find a good cheap place to get em mounted and I'm set for well under the $500 that NTB was going to charge me installed for 4 tires.

I don't drive like an idiot in the rain (not saying anyone in here does!) so I'll be good. The MR2 guys won't stop raving about em. Plus it's cool to have the same brand front and rear lol.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder View Post
Not even halfway, sometimes.

They slide real good with a moderate amount of rain probably at the 3/4 mark. One set took till they were good and worn to lose wet traction, one set took only a few thousand miles.

None of them were good in HEAVY rain. Light rain and dry, they were beasts.
True true, however there is going to be a slight difference in reviews from someone that has a fwd car than someone with an awd car.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
What kind of shelf life would tires like these have? I've got almost new KHumo Extas on the Tsi, but for the price, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a second set of tires at the ready.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

i have hankooks and there the ****!

abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I think tires are good for about 6 years from the date of manufacture? You can find that date in the form of a 4 digit number on each tire, the first two being the week number and the second two being the year (ex: 4207 means the 42nd week of 2007). There was a really interesting article on it that was posted about here, as some tires sit for years before they are sold, some even after they've 'expired' which can be very dangerous in rare situations.

Depending on how fast you plan to need new tires you could pick these up, but at the same time there are closeouts at least a handful of times a year, just a question of which tires go up for sale and if you get to them fast enough before they sell out.

And Dan... how far is RT Tuning from you? They do really good work and are a full service mount/balance and alignment shop if you're interested. If its convenient for you give them a ring, I have a feeling their prices will be comparable to any 'commonfolk' shops, so you can get specialized service and support a forum vendor at the same time.

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
True true, however there is going to be a slight difference in reviews from someone that has a fwd car than someone with an awd car.
Positively no doubt. My car handled really really well for being FWD, simply due to how much **** was done to it.

I miss that car. =(
Old 08-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #18
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
And Dan... how far is RT Tuning from you? They do really good work and are a full service mount/balance and alignment shop if you're interested. If its convenient for you give them a ring, I have a feeling their prices will be comparable to any 'commonfolk' shops, so you can get specialized service and support a forum vendor at the same time.
They are very local. I was going to call them first so hopefully they can hook it up!

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
Old 08-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #19
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Nice... I'll be there this Friday to have the new tires put on, and possibly an alignment as well. Wanted to let the new fatter and taller tires soak in a little with me so I could adjust ride height a bit since I know the car is going to need to come up a little, but I'll probably just have RT make those adjustments for me while the car is there bang it all out to get it over with since I've got other projects to move onto.

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #20
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

yeah I have to get some new inner tie rod ends for the front before I get my alignment. They are a littttttllleee old lol...

oh well. Gotta take it one step at a time.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote: