TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #21
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Y0 Troll, this is all they have to put on the video to keep all the "bugs" away... No one can prove that it was done on the streets.

http://media.putfile.com/Cayman-S-vs-06-WRX
Yeah those disclaimers do nothing except make people laugh.
Quote:
dude, your numbers on your STi seem alittle low don't you agree? Ive seen acouple normal STi's with almost the same numbers... either way, im sure the gearing helps you out the most huh?
Well maybe they are low if your sti bench mark has like a 50 shot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
what you're asking for already exists... its the Racing forum. i dont understand why you think you're not allowed to post videos in there or something... because you are, go for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #23
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Send a message via AIM to Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post
Yeah those disclaimers do nothing except make people laugh.
Yes, they do. lol. but with that, cops or whatever don't know where the racing was going on and will never know.. unless some idiot runs around with his big mouth.. thats why we have been having all these problem with cops in GA. to many ***s with no reason to be around the private meets.. go around telling all the ricers everything...

We had a nice secret spot down here.. now cops are all over it.

Quote:
Well maybe they are low if your sti bench mark has like a 50 shot.
Not saying im faster, but for an 07? come on, im sure the VF43 can squeez out alittle bit more power.. and i have a WRX not an STi. lol. With my VF34 STi's are not a concern to me. and thats untuned. lol.. no spray needed here..

edit; STi's on stock turbo. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
what you're asking for already exists... its the Racing forum. i dont understand why you think you're not allowed to post videos in there or something... because you are, go for it.
Ok, now will we be able to talk about what happend, with details?

So let me get this straight.... people are allowed to post racing vids, yet they are not allowed to talk about it? as in; 40-120, talk about it, ect. I think the people on this site should be able to callout anyone talk about it on the forum... and decide the location over PM's.

Last edited by Maniac; 07-15-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #24
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Not saying im faster, but for an 07? come on, im sure the VF43 can squeez out alittle bit more power.. and i have a WRX not an STi. lol. With my VF34 STi's are not a concern to me. and thats untuned. lol.. no spray needed here..
I wasn't saying your car is an sti i am saying the car which you are using as a benchmark. My car stage two put down 285hp and 308tq sounds like a big gain in the 07 to me. So if his numbers look low to you then i would think most other ones have a 0 shot or something thats what i was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

well unfortunately for you, what you think really doesnt have much pull member #5356

the rules now are the same as they always were. if you raced someone and want to talk about it, it belongs in the racing section. i'm not looking to shut anything down if i dont have to, but if it blatantly mentions (or displays in video) that what went down was illegal, its not going to fly. thats really all i can elaborate there...

edit: and while we're talking about it... what kind of power did your car make with a VF34? what kind of dyno and what gas?
348 ft lbs is pretty nasty for a STi with just exhaust and a tune. the VF43 is exactly the same as the VF39 except for having an improved wastegate design to avoid creep, and they are both slightly smaller than a VF34.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #26
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
I wasn't saying your car is an sti i am saying the car which you are using as a benchmark. My car stage two put down 285hp and 308tq sounds like a big gain in the 07 to me. So if his numbers look low to you then i would think most other ones have a 0 shot or something thats what i was saying.
I have seen alot of STi's down here in GA put over 300whp and close ot 350wtq.

I had a friend with a stg 2 04 STi runnning OTS map AP .. and he made 301whp and 315wtq..

and thats untuned.. and i recentaly raced him and put 2 cars on him by 120.. while getting fuel cuts..

Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Quote:
dude, your numbers on your STi seem alittle low don't you agree? Ive seen acouple normal STi's with almost the same numbers... either way, im sure the gearing helps you out the most huh?
WTF are you talking about? My car was dyno'd with a turboback that is catted on a conservative and safe daily driving tune.. the numbers are exactly and average for what I have done to the car.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #28
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
well unfortunately for you, what you think really doesnt have much pull member #5356

the rules now are the same as they always were. if you raced someone and want to talk about it, it belongs in the racing section. i'm not looking to shut anything down if i dont have to, but if it blatantly mentions (or displays in video) that what went down was illegal, its not going to fly. thats really all i can elaborate there...

edit: and while we're talking about it... what kind of power did your car make with a VF34? what kind of dyno and what gas?
348 ft lbs is pretty nasty for a STi with just exhaust and a tune. the VF43 is exactly the same as the VF39 except for having an improved wastegate design to avoid creep, and they are both slightly smaller than a VF34.
lol! ok man, i guess my say in this site doesn't matter..

and very impressive, not alot of people know that.. I haven't gotten tuned.. still running the stg2 OTS map... stupid i know. lol.

as soon as i get my car back thats the first thing im gonna do.. but if i had to guess, ill probably be around high 200's...

Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #29
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
WTF are you talking about? My car was dyno'd with a turboback that is catted on a conservative and safe daily driving tune.. the numbers are exactly and average for what I have done to the car.

Well i guess thats aight... i guess our tunes in GA are a bit more agressive(sp).

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

04-06 STi's with exhaust and tune usually make like 300 hp / 325 ft lbs, give or take. 07 STi's are making a bit more than that... definitely the norm from what I've seen and i think everyone would agree that 350 ft lbs with such simple modding is pretty awesome.
The 06+ WRX is no joke though, the 2.5L definitely rocks... even with a little less power some big advantages you have are less weight from the diff and transmission, and also less shifting which definitely makes a difference.

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #31
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
Well i guess thats aight... i guess our tunes in GA are a bit more agressive(sp).
I asked Andy for a safe tune, because I don't want to torch my brand new car. He told me if he went aggressive, he could of pulled out 330whp easily, and close to 400 torque.. but I don't need that right now, I'd rather get a better turbo manifold in the future and lay down some big numbers on the same amount of boost.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #32
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
04-06 STi's with exhaust and tune usually make like 300 hp / 325 ft lbs, give or take. 07 STi's are making a bit more than that... definitely the norm from what I've seen and i think everyone would agree that 350 ft lbs with such simple modding is pretty awesome.
True, i have always wanted to see what an 07 STi would make... i guess i was expecting more.. lol..

Quote:
The 06+ WRX is no joke though, the 2.5L definitely rocks... even with a little less power some big advantages you have are less weight from the diff and transmission, and also less shifting which definitely makes a difference.

Exactly, i love that post. You know your stuff Troll..

Old 07-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #33
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
I asked Andy for a safe tune, because I don't want to torch my brand new car. He told me if he went aggressive, he could of pulled out 330whp easily, and close to 400 torque.. but I don't need that right now, I'd rather get a better turbo manifold in the future and lay down some big numbers on the same amount of boost.

those are the numbers i was looking for... but yeah i can see your point..

Why did you go with the HKS downpipe, ive heard that they are not the best ones around... Perrin is one of my favorites... only the best for my baby.

Im sure you would see better numbers with a better carback, even if you got a safe tune. Still, very sexy car. I want that lip. lolol!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #34
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Damn it stop talking about Subarus already!!!! I feel left out lol.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #35
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

And TROLL, maybe if i had 7k posts you'd take me serious huh.. lol. post whores. lolol!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #36
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Damn it stop talking about Subarus already!!!! I feel left out lol.

lol.

------------------------------------------------------>

Cobra Forums are that way. lolol! j/p

Old 07-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #37
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
those are the numbers i was looking for... but yeah i can see your point..

Why did you go with the HKS downpipe, ive heard that they are not the best ones around... Perrin is one of my favorites... only the best for my baby.

Im sure you would see better numbers with a better carback, even if you got a safe tune. Still, very sexy car. I want that lip. lolol!
Well, yeah.. the HKS' are usually not a divorced wastegate, but this one is custom that I bought off Cliff that is divorced wastegate, so my downpipe rocks.. and the cobb is just fine, the muffler may not flow as well as some can designs, but it does a great job. I could flow boatloads of power through it, but I'm not going nuts with this car.

You gotta understand... Doug (haha..) the guy on nasioc that put close to 400whp and 400ft lbs to the wheels on Nasioc was an insanely aggressive tune, and no cats.. I don't need that in this car.. it's fast enough lol.

Last edited by doug; 07-15-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #38
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
Well, yeah.. the HKS' are usually not a divorced wastegate, but this one is custom that I bought off Cliff that is divorced wastegate, so my downpipe rocks.. and the cobb is just fine, the muffler may not flow as well as some can designs, but it does a great job. I could flow boatloads of power through it, but I'm not going nuts with this car.

w0rd. Sorry if my previous comment hit a weak spot. lol. nothing but Subie love here. :D

*just looked at your new post*

aight dude, i get it. lol.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #39
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
w0rd. Sorry if my previous comment hit a weak spot. lol. nothing but Subie love here. :D

*just looked at your new post*

aight dude, i get it. lol.
No, no weak spots at all.. if I had a normal STi, it'd have a built motor and pushing 500whp by now. But I'm keeping my limited somewhat stock.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #40
Maniac
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5356

My Ride:
2006 Impreza WRX.

Quote:
No, no weak spots at all.. if I had a normal STi, it'd have a built motor and pushing 500whp by now. But I'm keeping my limited somewhat stock.
indeed, limited FTW. One day they'll be worth alot..

Closed Thread