TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #61
BlackLS
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #4083

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to BlackLS
Do you have to wait at all between polishing and waxing for the polish to cure or anything or can you just start waxing as soon as your done polishing
2006 Black LS Coupe (2.2L Automatic): Pacesetter Exhaust, Weapon R Intake, DC Sports Strut Bar, Progress Rear Sway Bar, Kenwood Headunit, Red Underglow, Red Interior Neons, Black Bowties, Shaved Emblems, Shortened Antenna
Soon To Come: Stage 1 Cams, RSM LightWeight Crank Pulley, Rims, Progress Lowering Springs, 20% Tint, CA Header and 2.5" Downpipe w/cat, Tenzo R Racing Seats, and alot more
BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #62
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
okay. Polishing doesnt really require a curing time. Especially if you plan on waxing over. Your wax is your sealer so allow 15 minutes if you really are concerned. I would reccomend after applying your coat go ahead and do your rims and tires or do your windows before removal. This is how we do it as an industry standard, saves time and allows your product to work effectively.

Plz, if you guys are going to post in here, dont drown out the help with usless conversations.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #63
cranshinibon
Tri-State Addict

Member #2907

My Ride:
1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2l V6

Send a message via AIM to cranshinibon
As far as detailing and keeping it clean i've tried all of these except for the jopon and i have to say these are amazing tips, though im wondering as far as keeping it looking good what can you do to make it easier to keep bird poo off of your car, its really starting to become a pain for me because il rainx and stoner my windows and carnuba my entire car only to find bird poo dried on the windshield and hood from the sun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
cranshinibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #64
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

the best way to defend against that is to carry a small amount of products/rags with you in the car... and as soon as u see it.... get rid of it.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #65
Animsteve
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #4461

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX

Very nice. Now I just need to find some shade to wash my car in because it always dries out too damn fast at my house. That makes this all so much more annoying.
Animsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #66
kennwrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5247

I looked thu the pages and may have missed it but... where do you get the stoners windshield stuff
kennwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #67
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Any auto parts store should carry Invisible glass. Use newspaper to clean the windows.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #68
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

what is this center city mike, we dont use newspaper!!! you can if you want. im kidding. Stoners will definately be in the auto care isle at pepboys. its in a tall can with a yellow cap. Its an aerosol window cleaner. possibly the easiest to work with.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #69
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Man, I have had the best results with newsprint. That or the brown rolls of paper towels that are in some restrooms(we use it at work). Totally lint free.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #70
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

blue shop towels FTW...Waxin, washing, polishing, and detailing in a circular motion FTL
Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #71
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

how do you base your comment about "detailing" in a circular motion. what would you suggest then?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #72
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Is there any real way to get grease stains out of carpeting? I am only asking because my truck was once used as a parts truck for a local gas station, but it doesn't have that crappy vinyl like interior that you see on most parts trucks now-a-days. I have tried some product that my mom bought at home depot, but it really didn't work. God who knows why she bought it there. But anyways, is there anything that will really work to get those set in stains out? I have tried almost everything and at this point i have given up, almost.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #73
The01Cav
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5452

My Ride:
2009 Ford Mustang

Send a message via AIM to The01Cav
Hey I got a couple questions for you, I have a bunch of crap all over the black window trim well mainly wax spots, whats the best way to get that to come off or clean up and also have 1 faded piece of black trim. Another thing is liquid glass what are your thoughts on it. I am thinking about going to that and using it on my car. My cousin used to use it and his truck always looked great.
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #74
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96integraLS View Post
Is there any real way to get grease stains out of carpeting? I am only asking because my truck was once used as a parts truck for a local gas station, but it doesn't have that crappy vinyl like interior that you see on most parts trucks now-a-days. I have tried some product that my mom bought at home depot, but it really didn't work. God who knows why she bought it there. But anyways, is there anything that will really work to get those set in stains out? I have tried almost everything and at this point i have given up, almost.
Honestly it really depends on how bad it is. It may not even be worth trying anything. One way is to use simple green uncut. Its super strong. Try it in one spot with clear light on it. Use one rag soaked in it to scrub and then another to rub it back out that is dry. If that doesnt work. Put some uncut into a spray bottle take it to a carwash with outside power washers and go to town on it.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #75
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav View Post
Hey I got a couple questions for you, I have a bunch of crap all over the black window trim well mainly wax spots, whats the best way to get that to come off or clean up and also have 1 faded piece of black trim. Another thing is liquid glass what are your thoughts on it. I am thinking about going to that and using it on my car. My cousin used to use it and his truck always looked great.

Wax is a bitch once its gotten old. Wax on trim that has become white most often has bleached the trim. Little things you can try is A. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. B. Soapy Water and a rough rag and some elbow grease or C. Flat Black paint on a rag. It sounds crude but it works wonders on %99.9 of used cars on any lot. About the liquid glass. I say if it works it works. Almost anything you find in a store is a copy of something else. They all work fine, most dont have much lasting power, but neither do the high claimed expensive stuff. The key to making any product work is consistancy. I work off Walmarts shelf, come see my car and tell me it doesnt work lol.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:48 AM   #76
The01Cav
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5452

My Ride:
2009 Ford Mustang

haha, I know that liquid glass has been around for years and when I last looked a container of it was right around $21 a bottle. I was wondering if back to black would work on the trim or not.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #77
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

back to black works okay, its just very dull. all it really is is black paint. It also fades fairly quickly. expect to do it at least 2x a year.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #78
The01Cav
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5452

My Ride:
2009 Ford Mustang

I just want to give some attention to "detail" if you know what I mean. I am gonna drop it off to a local friend that has a detail shop and he's gonna buff it for me. I had some body work done a while back and the shop buffed the area and got some very nasty swirls that he's gonna take care of. I would just like to keep the rest of the car looking as well as possible. What would you suggest for wheel treatment? should they get polished and waxed like the car?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #79
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Honestly it really depends on how bad it is. It may not even be worth trying anything. One way is to use simple green uncut. Its super strong. Try it in one spot with clear light on it. Use one rag soaked in it to scrub and then another to rub it back out that is dry. If that doesnt work. Put some uncut into a spray bottle take it to a carwash with outside power washers and go to town on it.
thanks i will give it a try and see how it comes out
Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #80
marshallpre1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6445

My Ride:
N/A

Send a message via AIM to marshallpre1
I like this thread. Can you please give me pointers on how to properly apply and remove wax? Do I just spread it evenly going one direction, or both or light swirls? Do I remove it the same way?

Thanks!
1994 SC300 5MT- NA-T- PT61/AEM V1- future track car
marshallpre1 is offline   Reply With Quote