TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #21
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by markley02
I must agree with the AK over an AR-15 anyday. I have a scar in my left arm from an ar-15 blowing up. My friend who owns it is actually on the boards. We need to have a TST gun meet and go to a range.
my uncle has an AR-15 and is getting certified with it so he can take it in the squad car instead of the shotgun
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #22
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I support strict gun control. I think all guns should be banned. Guns kill people! Guns are evil devices.
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide between an AK-47 or AR 15 to put in the rifle mount of my Jeep when it is back on the road.

I currently don't own a gun, simply because I would use it on every idiot I see. = lots o' dead people.
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #24
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike
On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide between an AK-47 or AR 15 to put in the rifle mount of my Jeep when it is back on the road.

I currently don't own a gun, simply because I would use it on every idiot I see. = lots o' dead people.
that keeps me from having a license to kil...um...to conceal...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
You aren't allowed to conceal rifles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
sesolcSTI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #40

My Ride:
2004 WRB WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to sesolcSTI Send a message via Yahoo to sesolcSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by markley02
I must agree with the AK over an AR-15 anyday. I have a scar in my left arm from an ar-15 blowing up. My friend who owns it is actually on the boards. We need to have a TST gun meet and go to a range.
Yeah, i think they are junk. They jam and try to double feed quite often. Way over priced as well (for a "quality" one). You could always get an HK assault rifle if you want quality, better bring the check book with you though.

Check out gunsamerica.com (if it still exists, havent been there for a few years), its like the ebay of the gun world. If you want it, its on there. Pretty cool site to kill a few hours on.
TST #40 / HP #009 / Blobeye Syndicate #99
GO PITTSBURGH!
sesolcSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #27
Raven18940
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #686

My Ride:
2001 SAAB 9-5 Aero

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Dependability is a moot point in the AR versus AK debate. We aren't storming some remote hide out in the desert, it doesn't have to work every time you pull the trigger. The AR is a far superior weapon in terms of accuracy. The said however, get an AK, they're just so much more fun to shoot. I put 20 rounds through one once and wanted more. On the flip side I've put probably hundreds of rounds through various AR's and don't feel terribly inclined to pick up another one.

But if you really want to shoot something awesome, you need to get a true .30 cal. The power is just incredible, not only does it kick like a mofo but your whole body gets hits by a shockwave of energy from the muzzle. It actually makes your teeth rattle, dead serious.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #28
bluengoldsti
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #969

My Ride:
2005 Subaru STi / 2006 and 2008 Suzuki GSXR600, 2010 KTM SMC 690

Send a message via AIM to bluengoldsti
i have an m4 le edition (ar-15), a glock .45, and usp 40. i think the m4 is much more fun to shoot than the ak (my friend has 3 and 32 other various weapons). i have put about 500 rounds through mine with no problems. the ak is cool for the intimidation factor tho and is loud as hell. im starting to get into wwII weapons and want to get an m1. if you guys do have a shooting meet, classic pistol in southampton/feasterville has a nice indoor range.
bluengoldsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #29
slavetothemuzic
Tri-State Addict

Member #421

My Ride:
1991 Nissan 240SX SE Fastback

Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic Send a message via Yahoo to slavetothemuzic
Currently I only have an H&K USP .40 Compact. The .40 sports 12rd mags full of hollow points, unless I take it target shooting.

Next gun show, I'm picking up either an M-4 6.68mm (civilian version of course), or a Remington 700, then do the conversion to an M-24.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #30
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
i have 2 uzi's......they mess bitches up!

actually they knock over tress....haha
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #31
slavetothemuzic
Tri-State Addict

Member #421

My Ride:
1991 Nissan 240SX SE Fastback

Send a message via AIM to slavetothemuzic Send a message via Yahoo to slavetothemuzic
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike
I would go with the AR. Colt if you can afford it.

I carried some variant of the Colt M-16 for nearly 11 years (except for a short time when I carried an M-60 or an M-249), and I can tell you that it's an excellent weapon. It's durable, reliable and extremely accurate. It's also very well designed for things like rapid magazine changes, etc.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #32
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

I have a Springfield XD-9---IMO the best caliber for a person who wants to learn sport shooting as well as have some home/self protection if ever needed. No..its not a .45 1911---but it will put someone down after I empty 17rds into center mass. This is a great gun for beginners too-- basically Coke:Pepsi = Glock 17:Springfield XD-9

This gun is very accurate out of the box---here is a target I shot at 25 yards the FIRST time I ever shot this gun with zero stance/aim training.

WRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
Raven18940
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #686

My Ride:
2001 SAAB 9-5 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldsti
im starting to get into wwII weapons and want to get an m1.
WWII had proper big calibers, the m1 is awesome. The best WWII gun I ever fired (besides a 1911) was a British Enfield no 4. in .303. It had the best bolt of any gun i've ever fired (the firing pin reset on close rather than open like most guns, soooooo smooth) and sights that were way of it's time. The cheapest was a Mosin Nagant M44, bought for about 100 this had a crappy straight bolt handle and kicked like a horse, but I still liked it.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #34
bluengoldsti
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #969

My Ride:

my friend has a couple wwII rifles (i cant remember what kinds) that i love to shoot. unfortunately he doesnt like to clean them, so he doesnt bring them out too often. if i can find one that i can afford, ill definitely be getting the m1 next.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #35
Raven18940
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #686

My Ride:
2001 SAAB 9-5 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXD
I have a Springfield XD-9---IMO the best caliber for a person who wants to learn sport shooting as well as have some home/self protection if ever needed. No..its not a .45 1911---but it will put someone down after I empty 17rds into center mass. This is a great gun for beginners too-- basically Coke:Pepsi = Glock 17:Springfield XD-9

This gun is very accurate out of the box---here is a target I shot at 25 yards the FIRST time I ever shot this gun with zero stance/aim training.
Looks like one get away from you there, were on the bench or standing?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #36
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
Member at Ft. Dix rod and gun, I'm down for firing a few rounds. I think Ill keep the M-16 for accuracy and velocity, Most malfunctions are from not keeping it cleaned and well oiled. Fired a custom AR-15 at the club (special forces) and it was flawless.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #37
alachua
Tri-State Addict

Member #4

My Ride:
14 Miata Club

Send a message via AIM to alachua
Damn, this thread took off while i was at the range.

I have a Ruger 10/22 composite stock with blued barrell. I also rock an XD-9

For all those debating on an AK vs. AR, take into consideration a few things. The AK is fun to shoot, but definatly has a bit more kick, typically my shoulder will be black and blue after a few hundred rounds. A 7.62 is technically 30 caliber (7.62mm = .3"), but there is also the option of an FN Fal, which fires a 7.62 Nato (.308 winchester) round, vs a 7.62x39 ak round. When you start getting into AK's that have all the neat features, or of higher quality, you are approaching AR cost levals.

Both the Fal and the AR can be assembled from parts kits cheaper than they can be bought as a full rifle, giving you the option to spec the gun out to best suit your needs and style. I am most likly going to build and AR using a 20" barrell, floating front, flat top, with colapseable stock soon.

-Cliff

Last edited by alachua; 04-14-2006 at 12:43 AM. Reason: R instead of K.
alachua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #38
bluengoldsti
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #969

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alachua

For all those debating on an AK vs. AR, take into consideration a few things. The AR is fun to shoot, but definatly has a bit more kick, typically my shoulder will be black and blue after a few hundred rounds. A 7.62 is technically 30 caliber (7.62mm = .3"), but there is also the option of an FN Fal, which fires a 7.62 Nato (.308 winchester) round, vs a 7.62x39 ak round.

-Cliff
my ar is only a .223 (5.56 mm) and has very little kick at all. much less than the ak's that i have shot.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #39
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven18940
Looks like one get away from you there, were on the bench or standing?
standing---thats the obligitory 'flier'---most people cover that up with the quarter or their thumb when they take the picture. But hey, im a purist.

my cool 'gun pron' shot
WRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 PM   #40
CoaSTI
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1733

My Ride:
05 STI white/gold

pistol matches

I used to be a member of this shooting organization called uspsa (United States Practical Shooting Association). It was pretty cool, you would run around a course shooting at various paper and steel targets. Some would move, some wouldn't. It would be held at various ranges in the area on the weekends, each range would have a match once a month. You need about 4 or 5 magizines, an approved holester, about 200 rounds and about 30 bucks. Fun as h*ll, I'll be joining again when I get stationed back up north. I think the website is USPSA.org, check it out.

Oh by the way Glock 23 for shooting matches, Glock 26 or S&W .357 ultralite for carry (in PA).
CoaSTI is offline   Reply With Quote