TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
ElectricEVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1306

Send a message via AIM to ElectricEVO
Speed ticket.... but didnt clock me on radar

Well the other day (around 8:30am) I left my house and while on my street (which is a 30mph zone) I saw up ahead in a parking lot a cop sitting there, as soon as I saw him (he coudl only see the front of my car) I slowed down to 30 I was going 35 maybe 36.. Anyway, I roll by him normally and he immediately pulls out after me. I have a Valentine 1 radar and it never went off. He follows me for a little while and pulls me over.

He said I was going 40 in a 30 back on Prospect (my street). I didnt say anything since I knew he was making it up being he never turned on his radar and I was most certainly NOT going 40mph.

I live in a 1sq mile town and cops usually do not give residents tickets. Either way, he asked me if i lived in town, I saoid yes and he asked me the last time I got a ticket, to which I replied, January 2005 was my last ticket. He comes back with a 40 in a 30. Ive lived in my town my whole life, been driving for 6 years and have never gotten a ticket in my town. In fact the only tickets Ive gotten were while I was 17 (im 23 now) and one in Jan of 2005 on the Parkway. I am incredibly pissed he gave this to me.

There is no way he clocked me yet on the ticket he says he used radar... can I request discovery to see the radar results.. because there are none, he made it up... I will get a lawyer if need be. I have court Tuesday but can adjourn it to get a lawyer. Thanks for any input!

Tom

Also, my town's police (paticularly the new police cruiser) uses Ka Band.. ive been clocked a million times by it and my radar is the best on the market. I know for a fact he did not clock me, not only beacause it didnt go off but also because I wasnt even going near 40mph.

Last edited by ElectricEVO; 09-02-2006 at 07:48 PM.
ElectricEVO is offline   Reply With Quote