TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #761
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

Preworkouts are hit or miss with everybody it's pretty much trial and error until you find out what works for you. I didn't notice much of a difference with c4. White flood and assault are what I've been sticking with although they changed the formula for assault and now the sense of focus isn't as intense

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #762
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I was never really interested in pre-workouts. I guess its a sliding scale but in my head I want to bring my own intensity to the workout, but I admit some days are better than others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #763
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:
2005 Subaru STI, 1993 Mazda RX7, 1971 Volkswagen Beetle

I loved the old Superpump 250. White flood was ok for me but it didn't stand out. Jack3d I disliked as with NOXplode. I'm enjoying the C4 so far. It definitely is hit or miss for everyone. I got a 5 month old at home, so the pre workout is almost a necessity for me now.

One thing I do like about them is I definitely do feel like you can contract harder which to me is worth it bc you def get a good pump from it.

teecap93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #764
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

All about that pump. I might just buy a can of c4 and give it a shot, I've only tried samples here and there.

Something I've been eating daily is this protein chocolate frosty recipe which tastes pretty much like a Wendy's frosty.

1.5 scoops of chocolate whey
Half a cup of liquid egg whites
2 tsps of unsweetened cocoa powder
About 8 ice cubes
I also throw in a splenda packet or two but not really needed

Mix it all in a blender, pour it in a bowl, toss it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and enjoy. I love it and make it almost every night.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #765
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok I'm in for one of those, sounds good!

I usually just do a big scoop of PB, a frozen banana, 12 oz soy milk and 2 scoops of either chocolate or vanilla protein powder... always tastes good but I could use some variety.
I want to get a bag of frozen strawberries to sub in for the bananas. Guess I could do blueberries too.

Last 3 morning weigh-ins: 169.2, 169.4, 169.6
So hopefully I'm in about the place I need to be calorie-wise, but we'll see if that streak continues over time.
(I was at 165.0 on April 4th when I did my initial weigh in and started to get all of this in order, went up to 167 then 169 pretty quickly and now hopefully I have things dialed in just about right).

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 04-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #766
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Troll try adding some honey to the vanilla version of your mixture. i do basically the same without the PB, but I will have to try it with some natual PB. I add honey usually and flax seed sometimes.

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #767
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:

That chocolate frosty recipe sounds amazing, definitely gonna try that one out

Troll, you definitely appear to be moving in the right direction, which is great for you goals. Can you see progress and gaining strength? You should track arm, chest, leg size in addition to weight. Always a good indicator of progress as weight can sometimes be misleading due to muscle gain and fat loss offsetting each other and water/food retention fluxing a few lbs up or down.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 AM   #768
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Thanks, I feel like I'm on the right track, and I'm back in the swing of things now but since I've really only been in the gym for about 3 weeks (the first week which I took pretty light to reintroduce my muscles to this whole weight lifting thing) I don't have enough data to see progress yet to be honest. I feel like I look better but I think thats just in my head... the phenomenon of getting a pump at the gym followed by being very aware of sore muscles makes everyone who lifts feel like they're a beast (and some act like tough guy douchebags as a result).

I did take some sweet mirror pictures and I did take measurements and fill all that stuff out on the bodybuilding.com body space profile page which is pretty good for tracking progress. So we'll see how that goes, I don't see a reason to do that more than once a month and its only been 1-2 weeks since I did all that stuff.

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #769
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:

Good stuff. I did the same thing my first two weeks. Going light and easy. Nothing worse than overkill first few times back.

Let me know how that program goes for you. I'm going to need to switch up my program soon. I actually might crack open the Arnold Encyclopedia and pull out one of those programs again. Those are brutal.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #770
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Did flat bench press for the first time this weekend... so sad. I am not ready to rep more than 135... bleh.
The rest of the chest workout is mostly all dumbbell presses and flys, no real barbell work.
Starting week 2 of this program, still eating pretty well, still at the same weight, still waking up at the buttcrack of dawn and getting to the gym.
Can it please be week 6 already?

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #771
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

Just remember "dumbbells build a bigger chest, barbells build a bigger ego." are you keeping track of your lifts? I miss upping the weight each week when bulking, while cutting just makes me want to cry each week...

I love working out in the mornings, don't have to wait for equipment, going straight home after work and now I pop right up once I hear the alarm instead of hitting snooze.

Last edited by massone; 04-29-2014 at 10:41 AM.
massone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #772
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah I gotta say I really like the bodybuilding.com website/app which I work directly off of. It lists each exercise, target reps, rest time between sets and exercises. Also had some drop sets and supersets in there. You punch in your weight and reps after each set and the rest timer starts... you click it off when you're ready to go again and get in to the next one.

You can also look back at previous sets you've done to use as a starting point and of course to try and lift more than the previous week. Its really easy to flip through and use and its been great to log my workouts instead of carrying a book around. The most helpful thing for me is that rest timer keeping my breaks standardized so I don't sit around too long when I'm tired... just gotta suck it up and get started on the next set.

It probably looks like I'm sitting on my phone a lot at the gym though, but whatever... its working and its keeping me focused. When I'm not doing one of these programs in the future I'm not sure what I'll do... maybe go back to my book, or you can build your own program on bb.com to follow also if you want, which I might have to do and then I'll just keep using my phone.

This doesn't show much of it, but here's a few screenshots: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bo...pp-itunes.html
If anyone is interested in using it and wants a crash course just hit me up and I'll give you the fast forward version through what I did to get started.

|

Quote:

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #773
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:

Your strength will come back in no time. It's humbling to struggle with a 45lbs on each side, but sometimes ya gotta block out your ego. If your gym has the hammer strength equipment, you can load up plate weights on that to build up some strength before you hit up a bench.

That app looks really good. I workout on my lunch break so unfortunately I try to keep my lifting quick so I probably won't actually use it while lifting.

I'm on week 14 and I'm starting to really notice some changes and my strength has come back. Although I must admit I felt exhausted yesterday working out. Not sure if my sleep schedule is finally catching up or if I'm just having one of those weeks.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #774
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah the program I am doing now is painfully long and I do want to shorten things up but I figure since I started this I'm going to try an see it through for the 12 weeks and if I can make that then I think I'll be off to a great start. Then maybe try to scale it back to be in and out in an hour a day and see if I can make that work a bit better.
As far as the app goes, you can load a custom program if you want and basically just use it as a digital notebook. A regular notebook will get the job done fine too, but the app can track and graph progress also. For me though the biggest thing is that timer pushing me and saying "its only been 30 seconds and you're tired and winded and want to sit here for longer, but too bad... time to start the next set!" and I know I could do that with a watch too but for right now at least I think its good for me to have the structure that I do to keep me in line.

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #775
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Just posting to keep the convo going... attached a screenshot of my 1 month weight tracking, I'm up 5.6 lbs total overall, but the last couple of weeks its slowed and stabilized to about 1/2 to 3/4 lb per week which seems decent.

Been working out for one month. The first two weeks were a bit slower as I got back in to it. I've been on this pretty intense program for about 2 weeks now out of the 12 week program.

Thats all I got, hows it going with everyone else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (23.1 KB, 5 views)

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #776
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:

Nice work!

So I finished week 14 (although weeks 1-3 were getting back into it as well).

I'm holding at 195lbs but can see improvements and increased strength. I do think I'm going to start up a cutting phase though and really watch/track what I eat. I've been tracking what I eat for a few days now and I got a little bit of work to do to get a plan in place..

Old 05-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #777
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

Steadily dropping a pound a week, down to 246, last week mightve slowed things up a little with my all you can eat sushi night.... thinking about maybe starting a ec stack to speed things up going into the summer.

Will probably switch up the routine this week to see how working everything twice a week works out while cutting.

Anybody check out the book "Becoming a supple Leopard"? Picked it up last week, can't wait to get supple as helllll
Old 05-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #778
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by massone View Post
Steadily dropping a pound a week, down to 246, last week mightve slowed things up a little with my all you can eat sushi night.... thinking about maybe starting a ec stack to speed things up going into the summer.

Will probably switch up the routine this week to see how working everything twice a week works out while cutting.

Anybody check out the book "Becoming a supple Leopard"? Picked it up last week, can't wait to get supple as helllll
I start doing everything twice a week, one heavy compound lifts, and one with light isolation lifts. I enjoyed it a lot and didn't burn out or anything.

I've been out of it for about 2 weeks now healing up from a wrist and ankle sprain. I've seen some serious negative changes unfortunatley. Hoping I can get back into the swing of it today. My ankle is pretty much 100% but my wrist is still pretty bad. Its pissing me off that I can't lift. Heading today to do cardio and work some lifts in that I can adjust to not put pressure on my wrist. We will see how it goes.

Seems like everyone is doing well and making progress, keep up the good work.

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #779
massone
Tri-State Addict

Member #2256

My Ride:
93 300zxtt, 07 Legacy gt

Yeah that's how I had my routine setup before. Felt that I actually looked fuller too while working everything twice, maybe I'm just crazy but I guess I'll see in the weeks coming up.

Injuries suck, but once muscle memory kicks in after you get back into it everything will start to fill back up.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #780
teecap93
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23647

My Ride:

How'd your wrist hold up?

I've been pushing through soreness in my shoulder/chest on the left side from pushing myself on incline dumbbell flyes. I feel some soreness when I mainly do chest but I haven't really had any solid rest in the past few weeks so I think it's just tired.

Might take a cardio week to let my body recover from my heavier sets of 6. I really don't want to take off lifting though.