TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Big Thumbs Down to Carlson's Alignment in Penndel

I wish I knew who I just spoke to but unfortunately he hung up on me...
I contacted them about having wheels repainted and was trying to get an idea of what colors they can do. I asked if they could replicate the OEM finish on my BBS wheels and he said no. So then I asked if they could do anything similar... and he said no (not willing to try and find me something that i'll like? wtf?!?!?)
I want to try and find something that i'll be happy with and asked how i could find out what color options they do have and if they have samples. He said they have a handful of samples on hand but that was it. I've got an idea in my head of what I want but would like to see some samples and of course want to know exactly how they will turn out before i put $350-$650 into having them repainted... he basically just told me they couldn't do what I wanted even though I havent really decided what I want. I was trying to talk to ask how I could go about getting an idea on what to do and he just started saying "no we dont do that, no we cant help you"... really impatient and unwilling to help. He wouldnt stop talking and saying no for long enough to even hear what I was trying to say.
I was a little taken back by the fact that he was basically turning away a customer here who was seriously getting ready to drop some cash to have a nice job done. I calmly and politely told him I was a little surprised that he was unwilling to help me find something, and then he hung up on me!!
Oh well, just thought he should get a deserving writeup on here. No idea about their quality of work or if this was an isolated incident, but nonetheless that type of thing should never happen at a business.
Big thumbs down, I'll take my money elsewhere...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
SilverTurboRidin
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #197

Send a message via AIM to SilverTurboRidin Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurboRidin
What a arrogant asshole. I would call back and ask for a manager lol
Now it's a war you ain't on the side wit me
SilverTurboRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Have you thought about having Bonehead powdercoat them?

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
Driven
Tri-State Addict

Member #336

Send a message via AIM to Driven
I had a similiarly bad incident with Carlsons. I will not go there again.

I had my car aligned there because they claim to specialize in lowered vehicles and promised to take special precautions to not scrape my bumper. I also asked if he'd be willing to adjust my rear camber with washers the way that most 2G eclipse owners do it and he said that would not be a problem and they have plenty of washers there, they'd do what it takes to get it in spec. I made an appointment, drove the car there and it drove straight as can be. Leave it there overnight and pick it up in the morning. They added no washers to the rear and I have rediculous camber still. The car also now pulls to the left and the steering wheel is off center. When I had this done, I was leaving for Clemson that afternoon so I had no way of bringing it back. $130 wasted on a ****ty alignment, but hey, they didn't scrape my bumper!

I won't go back.

Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Send a message via AIM to boneheadperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
I wish I knew who I just spoke to but unfortunately he hung up on me...
I contacted them about having wheels repainted and was trying to get an idea of what colors they can do. I asked if they could replicate the OEM finish on my BBS wheels and he said no. So then I asked if they could do anything similar... and he said no (not willing to try and find me something that i'll like? wtf?!?!?)
I want to try and find something that i'll be happy with and asked how i could find out what color options they do have and if they have samples. He said they have a handful of samples on hand but that was it. I've got an idea in my head of what I want but would like to see some samples and of course want to know exactly how they will turn out before i put $350-$650 into having them repainted... he basically just told me they couldn't do what I wanted even though I havent really decided what I want. I was trying to talk to ask how I could go about getting an idea on what to do and he just started saying "no we dont do that, no we cant help you"... really impatient and unwilling to help. He wouldnt stop talking and saying no for long enough to even hear what I was trying to say.
I was a little taken back by the fact that he was basically turning away a customer here who was seriously getting ready to drop some cash to have a nice job done. I calmly and politely told him I was a little surprised that he was unwilling to help me find something, and then he hung up on me!!
Oh well, just thought he should get a deserving writeup on here. No idea about their quality of work or if this was an isolated incident, but nonetheless that type of thing should never happen at a business.
Big thumbs down, I'll take my money elsewhere...
Hey Bryan,
What color are you looking to do your rims in? I might be able to help if you are interested in having them powder coated. I have over 100 colors in stock if you would like to stop down the shop sometime to check out some samples.
boneheadperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
hey chuck, i'll send you a pm...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

chuck's work is excellent, go with him

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #8
GEORGE1556
Noob-Jersey

Member #25818

Response

I've been there on numerous occasions & was well pleased with their service , I didn't have wheels repaired ,but had suspension work done & was quite happy with their service ,expertise & they were very pleasant to me
GEORGE1556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
15psi88
Tri-State Addict

Member #5625

My Ride:
Is always a project.

Go home grim reaper you're drunk.
15psi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

lol back from the dead bump I see.

I'll post my **** experience with Carlson's Alignment as well.

Took a lowered vehicle there to have a "custom" alignment done. I installed coilovers and had camber plates for the rear as well as caster camber plates for the front. Rear camber was set at -3 toe corrected because of the plate. Front alignment was -4.7 one side, and -4 the other side, and this was after they did their alignment. wouldnt give me a print out or even tell me if it was toe corrected in the front. When I left, the car drove like hell, and the steering wheel was off badly. Tried to get them to fix it and they told me i'm on my own because there's no warranty on custom alignments.

$130 wasted. Never again.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #11
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I remember I took my car there before. Start of conversation "We do custom alignments to whatever specs you want". End of conversation "I can't guarantee we can get your custom alignment to have the specs you want". Also wanted one wheel refinished and they kept trying to get me to have 4 painted instead. Crappy place.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #12
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

I know that place... A few years back I cracked a rim on my E39 and I couldnt find a replacement. I researched reparing a crack on the base of a RIM. A lot of places wont do that type of repair and will only weld the spokes. I researched the process of drilling out the crack and welding it. I called carlsons and asked him if they repair cracks on the base. The guys said yes, and I asked how they would go about doing that. The response was "i know what the hell im doing blah blah blah", and all I wanted was to ensure that they would repair it right. I was shocked and I laughed at the guy and hung up. So unprofessional...

I ended up going to wheel works in Jersey...
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote