TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #521
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
i would try places like englishtown or atco.
Just a track rental from either of those places is $2k+. Wouldn't doubt if it would be more. But for the people that might want to talk ****, they can always line them up?

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #522
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:
'14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazdaGt View Post
I was going to imply they sign a waiver that we shoot their car full of paintballs if they act like an ass, but a car crusher sounds fun too!

But seriously, Dan is right. Police presence is a must with the way people act these days. It'll suck to hurt the final donation but at this point it's a necessary evil.
i like how the police stopped us from using that back exit that about 300 cars used before us. that was real nice of them to do that. we were doing great until the cops showed up. :/

i know it's wrong but my family drove 1.5hrs in 4 cars and donated $80 to the fund alone, so a lil tire action to me seems meh. totally wrong, but thats how my mind works. its been going on for 7 years. every year people do burnouts until the cops come, then settle down. it's funny because there are TONS of people gathered @ the exit lanes on the barriers EGGING people to 'DO A BURNOUT" and yet the people doing some tire action are looked at with evil eyes. maybe if they didn't have an audience they wouldnt be "forced" to "show some tire" or "rev". LOOK at that back exit area....i didnt see anyone doing burnouts when they left there! only burnouts I saw was from the hecklers row area while we were bored as **** waiting to leave...... get what i am saying there? i know at the Morgantown meet that exit line was SWAMPED with people and cameras and the burnouts happened while the light was red or backed up.

**** im sorry but given a 10-1600hp car and hecklers row, **** is going to happen.

Guns, Girls & Cars...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #523
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickRocket1258 View Post
Just a track rental from either of those places is $2k+. Wouldn't doubt if it would be more. But for the people that might want to talk ****, they can always line them up?
No need to rent the track, just need a vacant lot/area. I would think a place like Englishtown and Atco would be more accepting of the type of crowd and what it brings along with it. They would also have larger restroom facilities and entrance and exiting lanes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #524
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
i like how the police stopped us from using that back exit that about 300 cars used before us. that was real nice of them to do that. we were doing great until the cops showed up. :/

i know it's wrong but my family drove 1.5hrs in 4 cars and donated $80 to the fund alone, so a lil tire action to me seems meh. totally wrong, but thats how my mind works. its been going on for 7 years. every year people do burnouts until the cops come, then settle down. it's funny because there are TONS of people gathered @ the exit lanes on the barriers EGGING people to 'DO A BURNOUT" and yet the people doing some tire action are looked at with evil eyes. maybe if they didn't have an audience they wouldnt be "forced" to "show some tire" or "rev". LOOK at that back exit area....i didnt see anyone doing burnouts when they left there! only burnouts I saw was from the hecklers row area while we were bored as **** waiting to leave...... get what i am saying there? i know at the Morgantown meet that exit line was SWAMPED with people and cameras and the burnouts happened while the light was red or backed up.

**** im sorry but given a 10-1600hp car and hecklers row, **** is going to happen.
You're not getting it. Sadly I think this is the attitude most people have when they come to car meets in general. Regardless of how you or anyone feels it's a fact that they'll be kicked out of any venue if people act retarded. It has nothing to do with what people want to see or what you think is cool....it has to do with what the property owner will allow on their property during the event.

The worst part of all of this is it's a pain in the ass for meet coordinators to have to track down new venues every year. I think if people knew all that goes into planning these events they'd be a bit more respectful of keeping the peace.

CF: Successfull meets always end up reaching critical mass at some point.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #525
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:

Wow, you should stop posting, or perhaps, continue posting so I can have a good laugh along with a few of my buddies.

1. Doens't matter if it went on for 7 years as you claim, as Khellen stated as well, this is what often causes locations to have to change because the meet is no longer welcomed anymore. The meet rules clearly stated don't do it. Plain and simple. There is no arguing your point when the people putting together the meet set rules that you or anyone else did not follow.

2. You and your family should have drove 1.5 hours to donate to a good cause and enojoy the cars, period. Any tool with a car can do a burnout. (Sorry AWD guys haha) Driving 1.5 hours to do a burnout is well, just stupid.

3. As far as people lining up and trying to encourage the stupidity, so what? You don't have the balls to ignore those people and be respectful of the wishes of the event coordinators? Oh my, there are people yelling at me to do a burnout, whatever shall I do!!!???
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #526
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:

It's called growing the F-up and not being pressured into doing dumb stuff. People told me to do them, I looked at them and staired, looked away and ignored them after that. The point - The crowd is partially to blame sure, but mainly dirvers, they have a choice not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellen View Post
You're not getting it. Sadly I think this is the attitude most people have when they come to car meets in general. Regardless of how you or anyone feels it's a fact that they'll be kicked out of any venue if people act retarded. It has nothing to do with what people want to see or what you think is cool....it has to do with what the property owner will allow on their property during the event.

The worst part of all of this is it's a pain in the ass for meet coordinators to have to track down new venues every year. I think if people knew all that goes into planning these events they'd be a bit more respectful of keeping the peace.

CF: Successfull meets always end up reaching critical mass at some point.
I have no sympothy for them having to find new meet spots. Same thing happened at this location as last year, burnouts. Guess what, the staff saw people acting like d-bags before they even parked and didn't turn them away.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 05-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #527
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I just heckled the hecklers lol

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:00 AM   #528
the a3k
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20142

My Ride:
1995 240sx RB25

So…… 2015 meet?
the a3k is offline   Reply With Quote