TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #8381
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Dang, my short novel didn't look quite so lengthy on the computer, but it does on my phone! That was a bit much... whoops.

And yeah, shoot me any questions you have -- I grinded for a long time and usually had an office job working for someone else plus a side hustle for myself and always put work first which wore on me... eventually it was just time for me to shift my priorities and focus on spending more time doing the things I love doing, and of course making the logistics work around that too. Its not for everyone, but damn I love it. And most important -- anyone can do it if they really prioritize it and work toward putting the pieces place. That applies to any lifestyle change -- whether you want a 911T, or you want to live in Bali, or you want to live out of your car, or whatever... people spend a lot of time saying "I wish I could..." but you ****ing can, if you want it bad enough.

For free camping (and paid campsites too actually) I use an app called iOverlander regularly. There is also www.freecampsites.net which is a backup I use sometimes. The hardest part is the first step .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #8382
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
plus a side hustle for myself
Lol. I remember you working at Freddy’s. Did you hear that they closed a year or so ago?

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #8383
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by markley02 View Post
Lol. I remember you working at Freddy’s. Did you hear that they closed a year or so ago?
Man, bad memories... when the owner was around he was a total dick and I never made decent money there... I was happy to get out and move to the newspaper full time way back then.
I hadn’t heard they closed.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #8384
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Per our previous conversations... needs a few things but overall in decent condition for a 2001.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:25 AM   #8385
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Nice! Did you just pick this up?
Have any travel plans lined up yet?

|

Quote:

|
Old 06-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #8386
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Nice! Did you just pick this up?
Have any travel plans lined up yet?
Just picked it up. It needs a few things but as long as I get it going while it's still hot I would like to take a trip to Maine.

To florida in the winter.
Maybe the fingerlakes NY this summer yet.
Next year Id like to get out to the midwest.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #8387
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

Sup bitches. We did the full time rv travel thing for 4-5 years but then my son became school age. He's not a super easy kid so we figured we'll let the public school system deal with him rather than try to home school. So now we're in Florida most of the year. I still kept the bus though. It's my race rig now. Ironically it hasn't moved in like 6 months. An absolute atrocity but she's afraid to do anything due to coronavirus. I'm thinking I'm going to go out and purposefully infect all of us like chicken pox so we can move on.
piku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #8388
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
Sup bitches. We did the full time rv travel thing for 4-5 years but then my son became school age. He's not a super easy kid so we figured we'll let the public school system deal with him rather than try to home school. So now we're in Florida most of the year. I still kept the bus though. It's my race rig now. Ironically it hasn't moved in like 6 months. An absolute atrocity but she's afraid to do anything due to coronavirus. I'm thinking I'm going to go out and purposefully infect all of us like chicken pox so we can move on.
I've said that exact thing to my wife.

I would love to be full time RV for a while... still might. We would need a bigger RV.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #8389
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

This is ours. No slides so it could be bigger but it's certainly long enough.

IMG_20170615_111614.jpg
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #8390
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

I been out in the initial covid infected countries for work; crazy how far behind we are.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #8391
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
This is ours. No slides so it could be bigger but it's certainly long enough.

Attachment 20702
That is quite the rig!

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-30-2020, 12:14 PM   #8392
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

I like it. It's actually pretty old (1999) but the previous owner paid a small fortune to have it painted in 2010 so it looks real good. Sadly it doesn't have the opposing slideouts that make it feel like a warehouse inside. More like a tube ;) But I was more interested in having a big ass powerful engine, huge weight capacity, insane tank sizes, etc for a good price.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #8393
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
I been out in the initial covid infected countries for work; crazy how far behind we are.
It's amazing, isn't it?
I'm living in Oklahoma these days and very few people are taking it seriously.
Working from home is nice because I get to avoid people. If I need some fresh air I just hop on the R1.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #8394
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

So got rear ended in the Escape and it’s totaled.

Bought a 1999 Mustang GT as a cash beater for awhile.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #8395
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post

Not the vette for once?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #8396
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post

I have a set of brand new FRPP 373s i was going to use in mine if you're interested.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:52 PM   #8397
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

It's been a year since the last post here. So sad...
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:26 PM   #8398
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

My notifications still work apparently. All the old people got busy I guess ;)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #8399
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Sup… hanging in Denver this summer. Dirt biking, climbing, and camping in the mountains.
House hunting for something in the mountains that can be split into multiple units so I can rent part of it out and come and go as I please and have my own home base.
Found a deal on an RV like mine with super low miles and flew one way to MS to pick it up and drive it back. Needed lots of little things but I have it all sorted out and just got a deposit on it with a big payday so that’s sweet.
Also bought a Ford E350 campervan with a blown motor and figured it would be quick and easy to fix and flip… and I was wrong. So many hours into this thing but finally have it running and hopefully I’ll get it sold soon.

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #8400
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

Wife wants to sell our motorhome and get something different. Not sure what yet, maybe a yacht Good to see you are living the dream on the back of the millions of $$ you are making from TST hehe